• 19.04.2024, 02:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

1/2" barbs on aqua water block?

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 21:55

hi guys,
just wondering that the aqua cuplex evo rev 1.1, aquagraFX 6800 LE and (31012) airplex evo 240 rad would equip with 1/2" barbs? i'm planing of using 7/16" (~11mm) tubing with swiftech MCP655 pump which 1/2" fitting... ppl say i can use that tubing on 1/2", is it true though?
appriciate for any reply
cheers

Re: 1/2" barbs on aqua water block?

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 21:57

only 1/8" on the cuplex evo an 1/4" on the airplex

Freitag, 21. Juli 2006, 22:20

you can do this and i have have connectors that can change a G1/8 thread to 1/2" no problem but its not adviseable as it restricts the flow - but if you really want it you can do it with ease

Samstag, 22. Juli 2006, 08:07

thanx for your quick reply. the reason i'm asking this question is i have difficulty to get a powerful pump with molex plug beside that swiftech MCP 655. very restricted 3/8"barbs powerful pump available in aus (according to my research). or else i have to get a pump with wall socket and they're wide available but i duno where to purchase the relay switch kit to place the pump inside the case.
cheers

A_L

Samstag, 22. Juli 2006, 20:40

Hey, use some imagination....... things might go other way out.

MCP655 with only 1/2" ID HOSE?

You would have to forget about the RMA of Swiftech.

2 pairs of different size barbs ?!

First with 1/2" ID Barbs

Then change to this 3/8" ID Barbs

This then fit perfectly with AQUA's 10m/m Barb G1/8 which used in most WB.

cheers, ;D
Andy

Montag, 24. Juli 2006, 10:46

hi there, thanx for your ilustrated pics.. appricated bro, great help. so u can remove the existing fitting on that pump? and as well as is that pump lound when @ max speed? and also is there any diff in performance between AC and DC pump
cheers :)

A_L

Montag, 24. Juli 2006, 21:11

You didn't seen the words : "You would have to forget about the RMA of Swiftech."

means that I had CUT the original hose 1/2" connectors of the MCP655 pump, Tap it with M14 X 1.0 thread.

And fortunetly, we have enthusiast who made some stainless steel connectors of sizes from 1/2" to 3/8".

And for your further questions:

1) is that pump lound when @ max speed?
It's acceptable to most of people, I guess. But I'm still using MCP350 so far.

2) is there any diff in performance between AC and DC pump
I had used Hydor L30 & Ehiem 1250 AC pumps before, both of them quite powerful / durable but inconvinient due to AC power connection + larger pump size.

For DC pumps, you should concern about your PSU, if the 12V power supplied with enough starting current.
And beware with the Molex connectors, some of them might be bad contact, and cause the DC Pump failure.

Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006, 20:17

hi there bro,
so u customized it.. great job, it's got done so well that i thought it came with it...
edit by hobbes_dmS: no questions/discussions about other manufacturers
cheers

Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006, 20:22

hi,
please note that you are in a manufacturer's forum.
no discussions about other firms allowed.
you wouldn't go to a Ford dealer and ask him about the new Porsche either (i hope ;))

hobbes
Gute work-live-balance ist, wenn man von seinem Privatleben erschöpfter ist als von der Arbeit.

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006, 05:33

oh sorry, i forgot about the rule :-[. A_L do you have an email bro? so we can disguss about this in more detail.
cheers

A_L

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006, 20:36

hey, azn_bboy07,

If you're asking me about how can buy these connectors?

then I will have to say sorry, since we're WC enthusiast here in Taiwan.

Due to the difficulties buying from overseas, we ask mills to make some parts for our own necessary.

the above illustrations were just to show you that if you really want it, there's always chance to get it. but just have to make some effort.

matter of fact, I used AQUA products a lot.......

and still waiting my plexitube/ twinplex XT ... parts to arrive by this week, I hope.

AC were among the most industrial design + quality WC manufacturer. although the pricing sometimes kill my budget. but just can't resist it ::)

A_L

Mittwoch, 26. Juli 2006, 20:45

Zitat von »hobbes_dmS«

hi,
please note that you are in a manufacturer's forum.
no discussions about other firms allowed.
you wouldn't go to a Ford dealer and ask him about the new Porsche either (i hope ;))

hobbes

sorry hobbes,

no bad feelings, just showing the possibility of modding the pump from originated 1/2 barb into other size.

and we're the fans of AC here in Taiwan, we knew many people tought Taiwanese were kind of copy ..........

but not every one do that, I respect other people's designs.
and wishing to have more great products from AC!!

cheers,
Andy

Freitag, 28. Juli 2006, 19:16

hi guys, really i am very appricate from all your helps and appologize for any rudes that i made. i love aqua from the bottom of my heart. i could have got swiftech kits or asetek kit rite here from perth, but cuz of the quality and desgin i have to get myself through difficulties of getting them from over sea. i already asked my uncle to purchased those coolers from an online japanese shop. gladly he told me that he got them already. so what left is only the pump. and i came down the local store near my place and purchased myself a hydor l30 pump for my wc project. And this is my last question (i hope b4 i get into troubles) is this http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop…03a404a3f215f4f
fitting has the same size as 3/8" barbs
cheers

A_L

Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006, 06:22

Zitat von »azn_bboy07«

hi guys, really i am very appricate from all your helps and appologize for any rudes that i made. i love aqua from the bottom of my heart. i could have got swiftech kits or asetek kit rite here from perth, but cuz of the quality and desgin i have to get myself through difficulties of getting them from over sea. i already asked my uncle to purchased those coolers from an online japanese shop. gladly he told me that he got them already. so what left is only the pump. and i came down the local store near my place and purchased myself a hydor l30 pump for my wc project. And this is my last question (i hope b4 i get into troubles) is this http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/shop…03a404a3f215f4f
fitting has the same size as 3/8" barbs
cheers

yep, that's what I used in AQUA Cuplex XT CPU Cooler; fit perfect for 3/8 hosing.

Another, Hydor L30 was my first used WC pump. Good one!

Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006, 14:49

hi, thanx for your reply bro. so really what is the different between the 3/8" and 1/8"??
cheers

A_L

Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006, 15:36

Zitat von »azn_bboy07«

hi, thanx for your reply bro. so really what is the different between the 3/8" and 1/8"??
cheers

lol, you totally mix-up with those sizes.

for ID of hose size, we usually used 1/2" , 3/8"..etc
meaning if you used 1/2" barb, then you can only use 1/2" ID hose.

but G1/8 , G1/4 were the thread of the connectors!
most of Aqua watercoolers used G1/8 thread, thus you can put barb / compresion connector...to the cooler. but must with G1/8 thread.

Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006, 22:00

Zitat von »A_L«

meaning if you used 1/2" barb, then you can only use 1/2" ID hose.

Not strictly true - 3/8" ID tubing is generally a better match for the ID of 1/2" barbs, and gives a more secure seal around a 1/2" barb when fitted.

No big deal though ;)

Montag, 31. Juli 2006, 05:05

lolz, yeah. i got mix up with the number with fitting and barbs... this is my first time using water cooling so still very noobie with this. so really 3/8" barb is same as g1/8"barb with hose connecting and thread right?? jsut 3/8" more flexible in term of tubign rite?
cheers

A_L

Montag, 31. Juli 2006, 15:58

I think below photos could explain better.

below were the AQUA G1/4 Thread - 10mm Barb couple with 3/8" Tygon Hose.

got it?  ;)

Montag, 31. Juli 2006, 17:29

hi, thanx for u pics.. getting more ideas on my head now. so g1/8" really just mean for the threat where they connected. so like if i use 3/8" barbs, are they have the same size for the threat. i shud be safe if i choose 3/8" rite. i knw i might be a pain in the butt, i just don't want to purchase wrong items.
cheers and god bless ya all!!!