• 19.04.2024, 09:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core temps

Dienstag, 22. August 2006, 14:33

Hi.

I've recently tried my hand at watercooling; I'm cooling the following: 4600+ amd64 x2, nvidia 7950gx2 & a western digital raptor hd.

I'm using the gx2 block, cuplext xt block & hd cooler from here, together with the aquatube, aquastream - and a thermaltake bigwater radiator.

I've noticed that my temps (as reported in windows via hardware monitor or everest) for the cpu haven't changed much from air cooling (around 52C) - though the gpu temps are about 10C down (to around 40C).

as noted elsewhere on this forum, these temps don't fluctuate much under load.

I wondered if these are typical temps? to be honest I was expecting to see a lower cpu temp...

R.

JaR

Re: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core temps

Dienstag, 22. August 2006, 18:19

Thats a single radiator, isn't it?
For CPU and 2x GPU??
badger badger badger ...

Dienstag, 22. August 2006, 18:33

hi - thanks for the reply.

yep a single 120mm radiator for cpu + 2xgpu + hd cooling block.

are you suggesting that my radiator is way too small?

if so at least there's an easy fix...

R.

Dienstag, 22. August 2006, 21:19

Hi Richard,

Its Pas from aqua-pcs ;)

The basic problem is the rad being to small, in combination with using a hard drive block. Ive got the dual hard drive block in my system and I my temps rased a fair but after installing it. But you are right a bigger rad would solve the problem :)

A_L

Donnerstag, 24. August 2006, 19:12

Richard,
1) You did not tell us the room temp.
2) single "thermaltake bigwater radiator" should be the reason.

suggest to change radiator.

For example of mine gear:
AMD FX60 OC 3.0G => Cuplex XT
ASUS A8N32-SLI => Twinplex XT X 2pcs / local made PWMIC water cooler X 2pcs
ATi X1900XTX => Aquagrati X1900

Pump => Laing DDC-1 18W
Aquatube
120 X 360 Radiator
Hose with 3/8"
3 X 120 fans at 800RPM

temp measured by using compu-nurse
Room temp at 29~30 degrees celcius
idle temp (water) at 33~34 degrees
Full load (water) temp at 37 degrees

;)

Freitag, 25. August 2006, 23:29

A_L,

what flow rate are you getting there out of interest.

Also you mention temp software using compu-nurse. No idea what that is, could you explain that more to me,

Thanks

SNIFFY.

A_L

Samstag, 26. August 2006, 06:42

Zitat von »SNIFFER«

A_L,

what flow rate are you getting there out of interest.

Also you mention temp software using compu-nurse. No idea what that is, could you explain that more to me,

Thanks

SNIFFY.

Sorry SNIFFER, I don't know the exact flowrate of my DDC-1 pump,

Compu-Nurse = not the reading from software; but using Electro Temp Censor device for reading.
like this : ( or Aquaero will do the same thing )

;D

Montag, 4. September 2006, 17:28

just in case it's of interest to anybody who was following this thread...

the temp I reported at the beginning was probably wrong - there seems to be some nuances in measuring amd64 x2 core temps, and the utils I used at the time (hmonitor/everest) either weren't up to it or I wasn't up to configuring them :)

I now use "core temp" which (from what I can tell) does the job well.

unfortunately, I changed my setup (essentially what I had before + an additional 360 rad) so can't report what this utility would say about the temps before this change... but, for what it's worth, my temps are now reported at (approx) 28-31C idling and 32-38C under various loads. though I can pretty much control this to stick around 31/32C switching all my fans on max.

and the room temp is around 23/24C.

I haven't scientifically measured these temps, it's just what I notice now as I keep an eye on them a lot now.

I hope to measure the water temp soon, but can't decided if I should by an aquaero or not.

Richard.

A_L

Montag, 4. September 2006, 20:05

Zitat von »richard.docksey«

just in case it's of interest to anybody who was following this thread...

the temp I reported at the beginning was probably wrong - there seems to be some nuances in measuring amd64 x2 core temps, and the utils I used at the time (hmonitor/everest) either weren't up to it or I wasn't up to configuring them :)

I now use "core temp" which (from what I can tell) does the job well.  

unfortunately, I changed my setup (essentially what I had before + an additional 360 rad) so can't report what this utility would say about the temps before this change... but, for what it's worth, my temps are now reported at (approx) 28-31C idling and 32-38C under various loads. though I can pretty much control this to stick around 31/32C switching all my fans on max.

and the room temp is around 23/24C.

I haven't scientifically measured these temps, it's just what I notice now as I keep an eye on them a lot now.

I hope to measure the water temp soon, but can't decided if I should by an aquaero or not.

Richard.

Got an AQUAERO!! Richard,

Beleive me. you won't regret for one. :)

Altough I', still getting solution how to connect Multiswitch to Aquaero ;D

Montag, 4. September 2006, 20:58

Aqueros are great ;D