• 25.04.2024, 16:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Re: aquaero and tubemeter problem

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 02:18

Yeah do have another look at that connection.

On your 5 pin connector you will see that one pin has no wires comming out of it. Then there are two black wires comming out of the same hole, then a green one and then a blue and then a red one.

Make sure that the hole with no wires comming out of it goes onto the number 1 pin of your tubemeter.

When I connected it up wrong I had placed the black wire on number 1 pin, giving all your symptoms.

Sufu

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 16:16

Zitat von »SNIFFER«

Yeah do have another look at that connection.

On your 5 pin connector you will see that one pin has no wires comming out of it. Then there are two black wires comming out of the same hole, then a green one and then a blue and then a red one.

Make sure that the hole with no wires comming out of it goes onto the number 1 pin of your tubemeter.

When I connected it up wrong I had placed the black wire on number 1 pin, giving all your symptoms.

are you saying the black wire should NOT be on pin #1? I know it goes NC GND GreenWire +5v. Is it supposed to be connceted like in the pic a few posts above?

That's how ive had it so far.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 19:18

Yes that is why your system does not work.

The first pin (Labled so on the tubemeter) in not connected to anything at all, a blank pin.

This is the same as on the Motherboard too. If you consult your MB manual you probably get two USB connectors together, one has 5pins and the one below it has 4 pins (Certainly on all my MB's anyway) The MB manual will say N/C for this 5th pin (No one pin on your tubemeter, with my convention) which I think means Not connected for that pin, the design being, I guess, so block connectors with two USB's would have the 10th pin blocked off so you connect it up correctly as thats the only way it would fit in. This helps to prevent damage to your MB and or USB, which I have done in the past.

This then means if you have connected the black wire to pin 1 you have, as I did, connected it up incorrectly. Go back and have a look and make sure that the black cable is connected to the no 2 pin on the tubemeter. This would be that all 5 pins are covered up on the tubemeter by the 5 pins from the cable.

If that is done I bet you have a working tubemeter, and should be able to get the red blinking to work from the aquasuite software and your pump will work be working as normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 19:26

Zitat von »Sufu«

are you saying the black wire should NOT be on pin #1? I know it goes NC GND GreenWire +5v. Is it supposed to be connceted like in the pic a few posts above?

That's how ive had it so far.

Ok having read your post again you have confused me, the picture above is how you should connect it. The black wires should be on the no 2 pin not the 1 pin. I still don't know which way you have connected it.

Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006, 19:27

Just to clarify the Black wires are the GND wires

Sufu

Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2006, 03:08

NC = no connection
so PIN 1 = nothing (NC)
PIN 2 = GND (2x black wires)
PIN 3 = GREEN
PIN 4 = BLUE
PIN 5 = RED (+5v)

So pretty much I had it like in the picture. I will plug this thing back in again tomorrow when I have time, but I think it has something to do with the software. I guess if it dosen't work I will ether need to wait for ver 4.40 of Aquasuite (maybe Shoggy can help??), or buy a new aquabus cable.

I hope I don't need to buy a new cable =(

Zitat von »SNIFFER«

Just to clarify the Black wires are the GND wires

Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2006, 16:52

That is correct, and I take it you can see the number 1 pin on the tubemeter.

Sufu

Montag, 30. Oktober 2006, 00:03

Zitat von »SNIFFER«

That is correct, and I take it you can see the number 1 pin on the tubemeter.

Ok, I finally got around to re-connecting the tubemeter, and I am 100% sure I connected it the correct way. My Aquatube is inside an Aquabay, and I placed the tubemeter on the side holes, so it's connected just like in the pictures, with the #1 pin having no connection, and #2 pin has the black wire, with the last pin beeing the red wire.

I also made sure the tubemeter has it's own connection directly to the PSU (it's a 750w Thermaltake PSU), so it's beeing powered.

The problem persists, the pump will show up in the aquaero as running one min, then the next it shows as "pump 1 is not connected" and also "not present or firmware too old". Then about a min or two later, it will show as connected, and everything is normal.

This goes on forever, and only happens when the tubemeter is connected to the aquaero.

Sufu

Montag, 30. Oktober 2006, 21:10

Zitat von »Sufu«

Ok, I finally got around to re-connecting the tubemeter, and I am 100% sure I connected it the correct way. My Aquatube is inside an Aquabay, and I placed the tubemeter on the side holes, so it's connected just like in the pictures, with the #1 pin having no connection, and #2 pin has the black wire, with the last pin beeing the red wire.

I also made sure the tubemeter has it's own connection directly to the PSU (it's a 750w Thermaltake PSU), so it's beeing powered.

The problem persists, the pump will show up in the aquaero as running one min, then the next it shows as "pump 1 is not connected" and also "not present or firmware too old". Then about a min or two later, it will show as connected, and everything is normal.

This goes on forever, and only happens when the tubemeter is connected to the aquaero.

Fixed! Solution is simple: connect the Aquastream to the PSU AND to the Aquaero!

Dienstag, 31. Oktober 2006, 10:52

Good well done, Its strange that some people need to power the Aquastream as well. My system works fine with that unpowered. Anyway, well done hope you enjoy your water cooling.

SNIFFY

Mittwoch, 1. November 2006, 00:41

Strange indeed. I always thought connecting power to both the Aquastream controller and Aquaero was a no-no?

Is your A/S controller connected to your A/E with the ribbon cable?

Mittwoch, 1. November 2006, 10:51

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

Strange indeed. I always thought connecting power to both the Aquastream controller and Aquaero was a no-no?

Your certainly right in my case Infiltraitor, when I did that to mine I got all sorts of strange results. Well if it works for Sufu than I guess thats ok.

Mittwoch, 1. November 2006, 15:20

Zitat von »Infiltraitor«

And it is still a no-no. It is only recommend if you have a tubemeter connected to the aquaero and experience problems.