• 20.04.2024, 06:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Halk

More Power?

Sonntag, 29. April 2007, 02:59

I've had Aquacomputer watercooling in my PC for a couple of years now. Up until now it's just been doing a San Diego 3700+, then an Opteron 146 (running at 2.9), along with a GeForce 6800 (not GTX, GT, Ultra, just a 6800), and the chipset.

That's all it's been cooling so far.

Next week it's all change. An Opteron 185 is going in, I've already got the 8800 GTX in, and I'm waiting for the waterblock, and the chipset block is getting changed to the SLi one (the offset one).

Now there won't be much of a change on the chipset, but the graphics card produces a TON of heat, and two cores will produce more than 1 core I'm sure.

I'm concerned that the heat from the GFX card alone will heat up the water in the system so much that the CPU isn't cooled sufficiently. I'm also concerned that there might be just too much getting done. I currently have the tubing all nice and tidy using L bend pipes, however I've got another 3 metres of tubing on the way, in case I need to change anything. Assuming I'm using about 8 of the L bend pipes, will that be having an effect on things as well?

And finally, should the system be insufficient, what should I be doing to get things back on track?

Currently it's the standard Aquacomputer pump, with a 240 Evo pro radiator, and 2x 120mm Akasa Amber fans blowing on it.

Re: More Power?

Sonntag, 29. April 2007, 14:34

if you need more power you should go for another/bigger radiator
everything else will be hardly noticeable...

Halk

Sonntag, 29. April 2007, 15:57

Alright :) That's exactly what I didn't want to hear....

I have a Lian Li V2000B which has been cut to take the radiator.

I think though I might be able to get more by putting faster fans on the radiator.

Will a heavier pump make much of a difference?

Montag, 30. April 2007, 03:15

No .. the pump won´t make any big difference.

Montag, 30. April 2007, 03:44

I don't know the case, but if the cooling proves unsufficient for your new setup maybe there's at least the space for an additional small radiator internally?

Halk

Montag, 30. April 2007, 04:04

Hadn't considered additional radiators.

It's quite a large case, so yes there would be room, somwhere. But it would have to be a single 120mm fan radiator, and I have no idea if that's going to slow things down so much that it wouldn't be worth fitting.

Jag

Montag, 30. April 2007, 21:29

You can try to make a separate loop for the vid card using a single 120 rad.

Halk

Mittwoch, 2. Mai 2007, 06:29

Well, it turns out the stock cooler was just plain shite.

I've got everything together now - still waiting on the Opteron 185, but that's not too bad to switch out.

Idle temp on CPU is 32 degrees, the 8800 GTX cooler is cool to the touch.

With the air cooler on it, it was heating my entire case up. Just goes to show how crap can be, and how good AC stuff is.