• 25.04.2024, 15:57
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

AquaNAS

Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007, 09:30

All -
Just began production of, what I call, the AquaNAS. In my spare time, I do a lot of server building for customers who want "more power" out of everything. With the ridiculous number of AC spare parts I had lying around, I began to build what follows. A water-cooled NAS server with "more power". System specs and pictures follow:

MB: Arbor ITXi7435-ATX
CPU: Pentium M 1.86Ghz
RAM: 2GB
RAID: Areca ARC-1680LP
HD: 3 X 500GB SATA, 1 X 120 SATA REMOVABLE, 1 X 8 GB CF
NIC: Dual Realtek GbE, Intel 2915 WiFi
Power: External 220W AC adapter

Concept: I wanted this thing to be absolutely silent. External power supply with ATX DC distributor takes care of that, along with the single 120mm fan turned down with an Aquero to 600RPM's! Radiator is an Airplex Evo 120, modded with AC rad mounts, pump is an Aquastream, mounted where the PSU would normally be. CPU and RAID card cooled with Twinplex devices, and dual reservoirs provide plenty of fluid. Not *all* AC parts, but enough certainly to be on this forum! Overall, I wanted to pack as much power and storage into this little box without violating heat constraints and upgradeability.

Design: Heavily modded, all cables are custom made to meet length restrictions. Fillport must be located for easy access. HD's must have circulation. All devices will be montitored by Aquero. LED's must be easy to view and read (VFD).

This one shows the initial stages of modding. The ATX adapter allows a two-wire DC input of 12V to be distributed to an normal ATX connector with standby, 5V, and switched outputs. Aquastream can be seen in the rear. The mounting plate for the Aquastream replaces the hole, and was only temporary in this picture.

Better view of the pump and suspended DC distributor. Note the external bulkheads to pass water to the external rad. The switch is a manual on/off for the external PSU (same as a kill switch for a regular ATX power supply).

Mini-ITX MB installed with memory. The modded AC relay plug has been incorporated. This provides the security shutdown features to the Aquero.

Hard drives use normal MB standoffs to provide adequate airspace beneath the drive. This ensure good cooling from the single 120mm fan.

This shows most of the wiring done and tubing in place. The small clear reservoir is made by Swiftech for SFF cases. Works great in this one too! You can see the Twinplex XT cooling the CPU and WiFi card installed. The upper reservoir is made of Derline for easy tapping of G 1/8 holes and was tapped for additional Vario LED's. All hard drives mounted in this pic. The CF card lies beneath the MB.

Hard drives are shown here, as they are fitted. Also visible is the removable 2.5" SATA/USB drive. The WiFi antenna RP-SMA connector is up in the corner.

Wiring complete, save the RAID card in the PCIe x16 slot.

Leak testing the system, along with stress testing the cooling gear.

A nearly finished project. The bulldogs on either side of the case cover were requested by a customer of mine who decided to purchase this system. The external rad is incredibly efficient in this setup. The crack on the acrylic case face plate is from a demo plate. Those things crack so easily I never use the real one until I'm ready for it.

....there's more to come!! I haven't taken any pictures of the RAID card incorporated into the cooling loop yet.

Re: AquaNAS

Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2007, 09:33

[deleted text]

Re: AquaNAS

Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007, 10:48

No buy/sale/etc. in this forum please ;)