• 27.04.2024, 06:44
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cracks in my perspex blocks

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 11:50

Hi guys, I have been re-doing my first water cooled PC and have noticed that the perspex blocks on my CPU (Cuplex XT) and Voltage regulator have become cracked around the screwed on water fittings and where they are held down via the alankey bolts.

Has anyone noticed this before?
Is my system getting too hot?
Have I tightened everything too much?
Can you get replacement perspex?

My system is only a year old and I am worried now about leaks!

SNIFFY

Re: Cracks in my perspex blocks

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 15:37

Zitat von »SNIFFER«

Has anyone noticed this before?
Is my system getting too hot?
Have I tightened everything too much?
Can you get replacement perspex?

1.) I have not heard of anyone before...

2.) I don't think so. AC is using Plexiglas GS which should be able to handle up to 80°C (according to the datasheet).

3.) Yes, maybe. Tightening the screws only sturdily.

4.) Yes, no problem.

You can try to get warranty but the chance for this rather low because nobody can tell if it was your own fault or not.

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 20:02

This can happen if you use any other anti corrosion fluids than AC-fluid. Also the use of alcoholic fluids will crack the Plexiglas.

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 20:06

Zitat von »Stephan«

This can happen if you use any other anti corrosion fluids than AC-fluid. Also the use of alcoholic fluids will crack the Plexiglas.

so no Vodka then ;D

A_L

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 20:15

I had also found some "TINY" cracks around the G1/8" hole on the Plexi Top of Cuplext XT; while the other 2 piece of Twinplex N/B & S/B block's plexi does not having any problem.

I use MCT-5 Non-conductive coolant in my loop.

Thus I assume the Tiny Cracks happened on the Cuplex XT were not caused by coolant, but with the tightening strengt myself. Or else the Twinplex shall have the same situations? ???

Fortunetlly I also bought a COPPER Top Piece while ordered my Cuplex XT Block. Altough I did not notice any leak with my loop, but I changed the Plexi Top with the Copper piece for confidence....... ;)

Samstag, 16. Juni 2007, 23:33

Did you by any chance clean your tops with alcohol or solvent before putting them in?

When tightening the screws you should use a cross pattern tightening method similar to torquing down a head on an engine. Also you do not need to use the long arm of the hex key as a lever. Using the small arm is all the torque you could possibly need as the top seals with an o-ring.

Dienstag, 19. Juni 2007, 15:17

I used the Aquacomputer AC fluid, only ever cleaned with a dry cloth. It must be down to overtightening. Have ordered the copper blocks but cannot find replacement block for the VR.

Sonntag, 1. Juli 2007, 02:58

Zitat von »Shoggy«

2.) I don't think so. AC is using Plexiglas GS which should be able to handle up to 80°C (according to the datasheet).

Is this Plexiglas GS 241, 245, or 249?

7HUND3R

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007, 20:58

Which we edit all these?

Mittwoch, 26. Dezember 2007, 21:02

For a new language please edit the language tables of the devices you would like to use. The "firmware" files are for the menus in the device the other ones for the aquasuite.