• 18.04.2024, 09:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Flash AquaStream XT Ultra

Freitag, 11. April 2008, 15:52

Hi

I flashed the Aquastream XT Ultra from 1009 to 1011, and Aquasuite can not detect pump on USB.

The reason for flashing was some error message when I start logging to XML, the was some error in the pump data. (Error message in german, and I just guessing)

Since a old firmware, I upgraded. Before that I was told I had to upgrade aquaaero, so I upgraded to 4.18a and it worked ok!

What can I do?

Speedy

--Edit--
Used a jumper on the back of the pump and took a power on/off and removed jumper again...then it was fixed!

Re: Flash AquaStream XT Ultra

Montag, 14. April 2008, 00:32

Zitat von »SpeedyGonzales«

Hi

I flashed the Aquastream XT Ultra from 1009 to 1011, and Aquasuite can not detect pump on USB.

The reason for flashing was some error message when I start logging to XML, the was some error in the pump data. (Error message in german, and I just guessing)

Since a old firmware, I upgraded. Before that I was told I had to upgrade aquaaero, so I upgraded to 4.18a and it worked ok!

What can I do?

Speedy

--Edit--
Used a jumper on the back of the pump and took a power on/off and removed jumper again...then it was fixed!

I also tried flashing my aquastream XT that had 1003 firmware and now the LED is flashing rapidly and windows or Aquasuite is not recognising the pump in the USB.
I do not know what to do now, I tried several ways to flash the drive with the LPT flasher with cable as mentioned in forum directly in aquabus connector.

Can anyone help me?

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008, 19:25

Same question here. I've tried every which way to flash the Aquastream XT Ultra. Built the parallel cable, installed different OS's with the Aquasuite, etc. Still no luck. PLEASE! Can anyone help with this???

Bootloader - 101
FW - 1005

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2008, 20:46

When you start the flashing tool and have choosen the firmware, disconnect the pump from the power supply and click the button to start the firmware update. Afterwards attach the pump to the power supply again and the update process should work.

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 06:03

Ok, I tried this but there is no difference. If I try to flash the pump from the Aquasuite, I get "Error at Block 1/113". The pump works ok and is responsive to the Aquasuite, but can not be flashed in this manner.
If I try to flash the pump using the parallel port tool, then the tool just executes a while loop and displays "Searching for pump". The pump is connected and detected by Aquasuite, but the parallel tool can not find it. Very odd behavior.
I can reset the pump to factory defaults, but this still does not allow me to flash the pump. I still have a rapidly blinking LED on the back of the pump.
Any other suggestions?? Thanks for responding so fast!!

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 10:39

Zitat von »egawrangler«

If I try to flash the pump using the parallel port tool, then the tool just executes a while loop and displays "Searching for pump".

In this phase you can try to disconnect the power of the pump and plug it in again (like a reset).

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 16:05

Glad you got it fixed ;D

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 19:36

MUFF -
Not sure what that meant but if you've got a secret way to flash this thing then please let me know! I'm going nuts!!!

Shoggy -
I've now tried disconnecting the pumps power supply while the flashing tool is searching for the pump. Same problem, the pump is still not found. Aquasuite still sees the pump just fine after a reboot, but the flashing tool won't catch it. I've remade a parallel to aquabus cable using the instructions just to make sure. Same problem.
I can't help but think that there is some kind of safety process involved. I design IC's for Intel on-die memory controllers for a living and when we need to re-program a new FPGA, we have several steps to go through in order to "flush" the system and get it ready to be reprogrammed, analagous to flashing firmware in this case.
So, is there some sort of checklist? Or maybe there is a tool that can allow me to see the USB messages being passed so I can better define my problem for you? I'll try anything at this point....

Thanks again for the continued support.

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 19:47

Zitat von »SpeedyGonzales«

--Edit--

Did this not help you ?

If not then i have no idea... Sorry

Donnerstag, 22. Mai 2008, 23:08

I've used the jumper to reset the pump, and all the settings ARE changed, but this still does not effect the ability to flash the pump successfully.
By administering this jumper "trick", does the blinking red light illicit any different behavior? Mine doesn't, i.e. same blinking red light.
Bummer.

Dienstag, 9. September 2008, 08:52

Well, for anyone still frustrated by not being able to flash their Aquastream XT to the most current firmware...I have found a solution!!! So here goes...

First off, forget what Shoggy said. Please, no offense Shoggy..I know you get touchy when people attack your advice but in this case, it really just adds superfluous confusion to an already frustrating situation.

Step 1) Ensure you have a printer port (25 pin LPT) on your PC. NOT an aftermarket card with an LPT port. It MUST be a native (soldered on your motherboard) LPT port. Something about connections through the ternary PCI bus screws the flasher up.

Step 2) Make sure you're running Windows XP (x86). I've tried the flash from Vista x86, Vista x64, and XP x64. All had limited success but the flash was never entirely successful. Additionally, make sure your printer port is recognized as an "ECP Printer Port". Nothing fancy like "Qualcomm LPT", etc.

Step 3) Run the parallel port flash updater. Choose the flash file. BEFORE pressing the start flash button, disconnect the power cable from the pump. Leave the USB cable CONNECTED. Now reconnect the power and press the "start flash" button. You must press the "start flash" button while the light on the pump is still SOLID RED. You'll have about two seconds to do this after you reconnect the power, before the red light starts to flash again. Don't ask me why this is, it just works.

Additionally: I installed a fresh copy of XP x86, then installed .NET 2.0, and finally the LPT flasher software. I'd also recommend using a switching diode if you make your own cable (AC recommends 1N4148). This is because switching diodes react better to out-of-phase currents that are known to plague parralel circuits in PC's (like LPT ports).

GOOD LUCK!!