• 26.04.2024, 19:49
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

NemoBlade

unregistriert

aquastream usb connector

Freitag, 19. September 2008, 09:39

This is probably a really newbie question... but the USB connector that comes with Aquastream pump has 5 pins and my M2N-SLI motherboard doesn't have a matching connector... I plugged the connector in the slot shown in this picture: http://xs131.xs.to/xs131/08385/2127.jpg...

However, I'm not too sure about that being the right place. At least my AquaSuite software doesn't recognize the pump. After several reboots and installation/uninstallation of the AquaSuite software I can only get a screen like this: http://xs131.xs.to/xs131/08385/emptysuite985.jpg...

...and yes, having to ask a simple question like this, might prove that it's not smart for me to try building water cooling all by myself. But hey, it's a hobby... :)

Re: aquastream usb connector

Samstag, 20. September 2008, 02:08

Yep, you should connect USB right there)))  ;) All that connectors for two active USB channels) Aquastream USB connector uses only one of two usb channels on your motherboard. And be careful and the very attentive, when plug connector. Observe polarity!)
Yep! Ahaaa, ...!!!

Re: aquastream usb connector

Montag, 29. September 2008, 09:52

No dumb questions in watercooling. The only "dumb" things are know-it-all's who profess their knowledge upon you with pervasive disdain. Ugh.

The USB connector on your motherboard is the same as on any other board. The connector on the the "top" has five pins, the one on the "bottom" has four. They are both electrically the same. The extra pin on the right of the top connector (the fifth pin) is a cable ground. This is not neccessary as pin 4 is also a ground. Some usb cables use the braided cable jacket as a ground for extra insurance.

Connector your AS cable to either the top or bottom row of pins, and make sure the red wire from the AS USB cable is on the left, and the black wire is on the right.