• 26.04.2024, 15:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Trouble with Eheim Pomp : sorry for english...

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 18:58

Hello All

First sorry for english ;D

I have baught all watercooling products from aquacomputer.

It's used to cool 2 athlons on a bi-proc machine plus an graphic card.

I have mounted alle the stuff : 2 cuplex one for Graphik Card , radiator, Aquatube and an Eheim1048.

Everything went fine (I realised i made the same than Dino on the phot othread ,)) mounting everything on a Lian Li tower.

But now the trouble : The Eheim pomp makes a lot of noise !!
Some kind of vibrating noise...

I ahve tested the pomp outside of the circuit : not a noise with just 2 tubes on the pomp...

Bur if i try to avoid the water from entering the tube with a finger (Filling half the tube diameter) the pomp start to makes the exact same noise it does when it's on the circuit.....

So it seems the pomp is too powerfull for my circuit ???
It's forcing it's water too much ??

Everything is on Plug&Cool so the diameter on the Cuplex is only 6mm.
I have used several L on my circuit (7) but i see Dino used a lot too on his own circuit....
I have no solution Please help ,))

You can email me at prince_du_gouter@hotmail.com if answering in english is too much trouble here

Re: Trouble with Eheim Pomp : sorry for english...

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:08

Hello

at first sorry for my bad english ::)

Have you decoupled the Eheim form the case?
If the noise is already there if you hold the Eheim in your hands, so that it can't transfer the vibrations to the case then search after "Eheim Mod". Then you'll find many information an a lot of pictures how you can do that. If you don't understant something, than go Here !! an let translate it to you.

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:11

Welcome in our forum,

here is a link to a foto-story. It shows, how to make this "eheim-mod"

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=…Flanguage_tools

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:13

Zitat von »Eraser2001«

Hello

at first sorry for my bad english ::)

Have you decoupled the Eheim form the case?
If the noise is already there if you hold the Eheim in your hands, so that it can't transfer the vibrations to the case then search after "Eheim Mod". Then you'll find many information an a lot of pictures how you can do that. If you don't understant something, than go Here !! an let translate it to you.

Trouble is that the pomp seems to be "too powerfull" and that makes the noise :'(
It don't makes that much noise on the bathroom with water :)
Do you have the same material IE Eheim 1048 and cuplex ?

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:15

Yes, it's exactly the problem described in the link I gave you in my last post. Try to do this, it will help you.

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:16

I found a link for you:
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~angho/C…r_wak_eheim.htm

I think this is a good discription of the "Eheim-Mod".
It's in german, but as Eraser2001 wrote, you can translate it. In my opinion you just need the pictures to understand...

Edit: Stephan was faster...

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:17

Welcome to the forum!

First you should check whether you've got air in your water cycle by tilting and shaking the case a little bit until all bubbles arrive in the Aquatube. The pump becomes noisy if it sucks in air.

If there's no air inside but the pump still is noisy you can try the so-called "Eheim-Mod" (Check this website. It's german but there are some pretty self-explanatory pictures).

You have to take apart the pump and put a little stripe of teflon-tape around the axle (one or two turns), at the end where the impeller is attached. This way the impeller doesn't slip so easily which is what makes the noise.
You also can use superglue to fasten the impeller but this isn't optimal because it can't be disassembled anymore afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Edit:
Hehe... \me is to slow... ::)
"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!
-- Hoban Washburn

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:21

Hello...

From where do you come... When you live in America and bought a "german" pump you should check you voltage and frequency ??
I´m not a F R E A K ! ;D Shuttle SB51G - AirCooled - no place for water :/

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:22

In our french forum we were starting to talk about electric device to "under-volt" the pomp but it seems to be if not imposible extremely hard to achive....

Maybe an Eheim 1046 "only" would be the solution??

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:22

Now you've got three links to the same website ;)
But my is translated ! ;D

The 1046 has the same problem - not so often, but it happens.

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:25

Zitat von »Stephan«

Now you've got three links to the same website ;)
But my is translated ! ;D

Yea, but everyone knows automated translations aren't much good ;)
-- Hoban Washburn

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 19:28

Ok the picture on the site were easy to understand ,)

It seems that Einheim mod is the solution
Will try it later today !!

Thx all for answering ... in english ,)

PS : i didn't tried posting in french yet ,))

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 21:32

Hello and welcome in this forum!
I´m the guy who has written this "Eheim-Mod" page so if you still got questions after reading the "well-translated" (lol ;D) page you can mail me at

jan.langhorst@stud.uni-hannover.de

or ask your questions right here. I will try to explain as good as my rusty english allows me too :-)

greetz
chu

some more stuff around watercooling
http://216.239.37.120/translate_c?hl=de&…/language_tools

hehe...really funny those translations...with some fantasy ist possible to understand this crap :-)

well, if you can understand some german here's the original URL: http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~angho/

Learn to read the feed. Earn the right to write. :thumbup:

SPucki

unregistriert

Montag, 24. Juni 2002, 21:53

Zitat von »Tim2460«

Ok the picture on the site were easy to understand ,)

Thx all for answering ... in english ,)

PS : i didn't tried posting in french yet ,))

Si tu veus, tu peus!
*veg*
Mais mon français n'est pas très bon!

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002, 06:15

A qui est-ce que je donne encore un morceau de gato?

well, actually i prefer speaking english, as i had french only for 3 years i think. meybe even 4, but at least not even that long than i attended to learn english.

wuoah, i'm tired.
good fight, good night ;)
thore
Well, here's my first question. Do you think it's kind of dangerous handing out guns at a bank? (Michael Moore, Bowling for Columbine)

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002, 14:03

Thx for the french effort ,)

Haven't modified the pomp yet but her's what i understand of the problem (to check if the translation was good enought ,)

The motor of the pomp is some kind of rotating magnet witch makes the axial magnet and then the "pump impeller" turn.

My circuit with lot of L and 3 cuplex makes the pomp having difficulties to eject water....

So the pump impeler can't turn fast enought (It's slowed by the water) to follow the speed of the rotatory motor and sometimes, the magnetic field switch and the magnet inside the pomp start to turn the other direction, counterflow...
The impeller then goes from one blocking position to the other, causing my annoying noise... Then the magnet got on the right magnetic again and goes back to the right direction again....

What you think ??

Ps : I don't know if "Impeller" is any sense in english it has on the translated page :

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=…Flanguage_tools

;D

Dienstag, 25. Juni 2002, 14:27

Zitat von »Tim2460«

Ps : I don't know if "Impeller" is any sense in english it has on the translated page

Impeller ist the right word. It means "Flügelrad" in german, which is the little wheel that actually moves the water.

By the way: Google can translate to french, too. I don't know if this translation is any good at all bacause I don't speak french.
-- Hoban Washburn

Okipa

Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002, 01:27

Hello,

I am french to and i want to order a eheim 1250 for my watercooling setup...
my futur circuit will be :
Aqua-Tube>E1250>Cuplex>TwinplexChipset>Twinplexgraphic>Aqua-Drive>Black Ice Xtrem(Rad)>Aqua-tube

I will make a watercase with 1m50 long tube from PC to Wcase...

Do you think that eheim 1250 will be right for this setup...?
And do you think if her make noise...!
Do you think that eheim 1048 will be right fo this setup...?

Thanks for your answer...

Merci @+ ;)
WaterCooling is Good For Your Processor Health :D Just Noky It !!! :D

applet

Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002, 01:55

@okipa: look at your other thread ;)
Asus A7V-333 Raid, Athlon XP 1900+, 2 x 256MB Kingmax PC-333 5ns RAM; Asus Geforce 4 Ti V8440; Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96; Sony CD-RW CRX160E; Pioneer DVD-106S; 80GB Seagate Barracuda IV, uvm. ;)

REDG

Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2002, 03:18

Super the reception on this forum.
And some speak French, it is too beautiful.

Thank you for the assistance brought to Tim2460 but strange only its pump, on 8 ordered, made noise???
M'en Bati Sièu Nissart