• 28.04.2024, 07:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

kayaker

Tube diameter

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 00:21

Hi all!

Sorry to write in english.

What are your opinion of the influence of large tubes (10mm 12mm) instead of the regular tubes 6/8 that I see most products here ?

Thank you

Re: Tube diameter

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 00:34

oh, this forum becomes international... :D

there isn't really any difference between the influence of large & small tubes.

ronin

kayaker

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 00:43

Thanks ronin. :)

That's my opinion too. Most users here use Eheim 1250 and very big tubes to improve performance. Also nobody whants radiator with 3/8" connections! only 1/2" ???

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 00:58

Where do you come from?

But is 1/2" not to big?

We use only 1/8"... ;D

Ich weiß... kann net so gut englisch...!

kayaker

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 01:03

Zitat von »Wurzelsepp«

Where do you come from?

But is 1/2" not to big?

We use only 1/8"...  ;D

Ich weiß... kann net so gut englisch...!

Ich kann irgendeinen Deutschen lesen.

I am from Portugal. We really need Water Cooling because of the high temperature. Now we have 20º and 40º on summer. ;)

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 10:40

Actually, there is no need for larger tubes. Some times ago we had a thread here about the influence of the amount of wather circling through the cooling elements. It cames out that <5 liter is enought to cool all elements in a system. So there is no need to use larger tubes in a wathercoolingsystem.

I hope this will answer your question!

BTW: In this forum, the most used eheims are: 1246 and 1248.

greetings,

Texx
We'll never stop living this way!

kayaker

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 13:02

Thanks for the reply.

Can you see this article http://www.procooling.com/articles/html/…es_with_h2o.php.

If you have bigger tubes you will have more water. Is the same effect of using thin tubes and a larger ausgleichsbehälter.

What is the influence of the flow on performance ?

thanks

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 13:10

Zitat von »Texx«

Actually, there is no need for larger tubes. Some times ago we had a thread here about the influence of the amount of wather circling through the cooling elements.

here it is :

http://217.172.178.216/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB…;num=1033928082

slame

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 13:44

Well, i don't thing that the link to the thread will help him, slame! Cause I don't thing that his german knowledge is so well.

But I try to translate the nessesary thing for you:

Hendrik started this thread, cause he made some experiments around the influance of the flowamount.

He test nearly all values from up to 70l/hour down to 20l/hour.

Finally he found out that the temperature will not increase significant, if you pull down the flow from 70l to 20l per hour.

So why use so large tubes, if it is not nessesary?

To answer your question: The influance of the flow is not as mutch as you think of! Or to say it different: More flow will not cause in so mutch better (lower) temerature as tought.

A larger or smaller "Ausgleichsbehälter" has no effect of the flowamount.

Hoping this will answer your Question...

greetings,

Texx

kayaker

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 13:58

Danke Texx ;)

I will study the article with some time.
The effect of larger or smaller "Ausgleichsbehälter" I had allready tested.

The more water you have in the system the lower will be the variation on the temperature reaction.

I mean if you have a large "Ausgleichsbehälter" and you move to idle to full load, the CPU temperature dessipation will rise, but the system will adapt to this new requirment and the increase of temperature will be slow.

The water will behave as a "suspension" for the CPU load and dessipation.

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 17:47

Oh, ok, I understand what you want to say with it. That's true, but is it interesting for you how fast (or not) the reactions are? I think there is no difference if your CPU reaches her max temp in 5 or 10 minutes (for example). What's realy interesting for the people here in this forum is the amount of normal temperature they can reach with a wathercooling system.

kayaker

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 21:15

Zitat von »Texx«

Oh, ok, I understand what you want to say with it. That's true, but is it interesting for you how fast (or not) the reactions are? I think there is no difference if your CPU reaches her max temp in 5 or 10 minutes (for example). What's realy interesting for the people here in this forum is the amount of normal temperature they can reach with a wathercooling system.

Thanks again for your reply. In my tests Water Cooling isn't the best for achieve better core temperatures. An MCX4000 or SLK800 with a tornado fan (controlled by a regulator ;D) is far better.

Water cooling is for masterpiece engineering, low noise and regular core temperatures independent from the CPU load.

a nice weekend for all of you (I will have sun ;D)

Freitag, 7. Februar 2003, 21:36

...and we will have snow. :-X

it may be right, that in some cases aircooling is more powerful than watercooling. but i can't imagine, that someone would really build a system, that is nearly as loud as a car... ok, that was a bit overdrawn. :P
and when you see the price for an aircooling-system with many case-fans, there is no big difference in price to a watercooling-system. not to neglect the unbeatable look of a water cooling system. ;)
Gruß, Micha.