• 11.06.2024, 10:35
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Asing

Question for those who have an AquaDrive

Freitag, 26. September 2003, 15:03

I have a nice question for the next PC to built ;D.

I am the lucky owner of a Compaq 40/80 DLT unit:

According to specs, it produces 28W of heat. In my current case, I left the 5 1/4 bay under the unit open. If I close the gap (or worse, mount a CD-ROM drive), I get tape errors. It justr gets too hot.

Seeing the AquaDrive, I think the top side bars left and right (blue) are cooled as well. If I mount the AquaDrive under the tape unit, some heat will be taken away by the water cooling system.

could anyone tell?
Aircooled AMD Athlon 550, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDU, GeForce 256. Next system : AMD Athlon64 3200+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 5600FX and watercooled by Aqua Computer

Re: Question for those who have an AquaDrive

Freitag, 26. September 2003, 16:04

hi ..

you are right. the left and the right blue unit is designed to take away the heat. so if there is no gap to the next unit (cd-rom e.g.) it should take away the heat from it too.

i think it should work

slame

Asing

Freitag, 26. September 2003, 16:46

computer equipment always sits tight together. CD-ROM is also a good idea. "Watercooled CD-ROM player".

add one to cart!
Aircooled AMD Athlon 550, 256MB RAM, 80GB HDU, GeForce 256. Next system : AMD Athlon64 3200+, 512MB RAM, GeForce 5600FX and watercooled by Aqua Computer

Freitag, 26. September 2003, 17:19

It might work, but there are def. better solutions that will cool better and are less expensive...
Signatur out of date...