• 26.04.2024, 16:29
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need som help!

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 20:57

Wouldnt the overall cooling be much better with 10mm hoses instead of 8mm as you all mostly use here in Germany ? ;)

Wouldnt all the 90 degrees elbows that you use, instead of softly bending the hoses, destroy the waterflow ?

To Staff: Why do you make your "radiator" of Aluminium instead of Cobber, when we all know that cobber is way better to arbsorbing the heat from the water. ?

When is cuplex Evo ready for shipping ? ;D

What pump was used to get the little waterspring in the Aquatupe in the horizontal version ?

Thanks. :)

And please keep all the text in English....i am NOT good at German ;D

Re: Need som help!

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:04

1 and 2: not at all
3. Because it´s not made by aqua computer, it´s a radiator
for cars. And Aluminum is cheaper.
4. This week, hopefully ;D
5. Eheim 1048 I guess

;D

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:06

hi, and welcome!

to your first question:
there isn't really a difference... the water only would not waerm so fast because there is more water in the water cycle. it would also need more time to get cooler....

Edit: I know, terrible english ::) but i will not fix it..... i don't know how *g*
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe| P4 2,6 HT | 1024 MB RAM | ATI Radeo 9600Pro | Enermax 350W (ZU laut)| Eheim 1048 -> Cuplex -> Airplex -> AquaTube | CS 3001 Silber | SILENTstar™ Dämmattenset

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:08

8mm is enough. The Problem is only getting the water cooled down ;D

Bigger hoses wouldn't help, the radiator can't absorb the heat faster than it is already doing.

It is preferrable not to use 90° Bendings. BUT: the hoses aren't really bent 90°, there is a little curve in the elbows, so it don't destroys anything really ;)

MfG

[EDIT]
my English is more terrible ;D
[/EDIT]
c++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade.

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:27

we´re you from? the US ? England?

fumpa

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:38

bestimmt nicht, sonst wüsste er, dass man some mit "e" am ende schreibt, siehe topic

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 21:40

Zitat von »fumpa«

bestimmt nicht, sonst wüsste er, dass man some mit "e" am ende schreibt, siehe topic

ähm, dann schau dich mal im forum um und sag mir wie viele hier rechtschreibfehler machen... alles keine deutschen oder was?!
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe| P4 2,6 HT | 1024 MB RAM | ATI Radeo 9600Pro | Enermax 350W (ZU laut)| Eheim 1048 -> Cuplex -> Airplex -> AquaTube | CS 3001 Silber | SILENTstar™ Dämmattenset

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:13

OK and thanks for the answers.

To your knowledge...Im from Denmark.

But I know alot of people that would disagree on your opinions. Many people from US means that 13mm is the best. Also you will destroy alot of the waterflow using the elbows, instead of bending the hoses.

And it is a fact: More water = Cooler system.

Try it yourself. Build a res. at 5 liters, and tjeck the CPU temp. Next build a res. at 20 liters....now the temp. is alot lower. Therefore it must be better to use large hoses (13mm) and an powerful pump(Eheim 1250) instead of a "normal" pump(Eheim 1048).

Wouldnt a system with a cobber radiator instead of one out of alu, be ALOT more efficient to transfer the heat from the water ?

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:15

And I say again....please keep all text in english in this tread.....for me :)

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:18

And one thing...

I know how to use "babelfish" at av.com, so I will understand something that you write in German. ;D

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:26

no, also much water will warm up at the same tempreture as not so much! it's just not getting that fast! bit it also needs more time to cool it down! try it! in a closed system it is so

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:27

More Water = Cooler system isn't allright, it only takes longer until the water reaches the same temperature it would have in a system with less. The Temp might be not as high as in small one, but the difference is not very big.
And its difficult to put a 20 Liter box in an normal PC-Case ;)

A Radiator of copper would be more efficient, but it would also be much more expensive.

Also you don't need a powerfull pump like the 1250. its only neccesary if you want to use a "Bong" instead of a radiator, because there you need higher pressures. The 1046 is enough for most systems, and it stil has more power than you need, because the cuplex or the smalest hose in the system reduces the waterflow to a minimum. In an Aquacomputer system its ~2 L/min. And only when the waterflow falls under ~1,5l/min the cooler cools less.
Even big hoses don't change anything in this point.
Verwende keine sinnlose Gewalt. Hol einen größeren Hammer.

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:28

Yeah, you are right: the CPU temperature ACUTALLY IS lower, if you habe more water. BUT give it a try an run the System 24h. The temps will be all the same, no matter how much water is in the system. It only takes longer for the water to heat up. And the same goes for the other way around, so it will last very long for the water to cool down afterwards.

Some words about the 13mm hoses:
To use these, you need Screwsockets. And with those you reduce the inner diameter at every connection point of the system.
With the 6/1mm hoses and the "Plug&Cool" connectors there is no reduction at those points.

And on the other hand, it doesn't make much sense, because the pathway of the cuplex and twinplex are 6mm anyways. ;)
XP1800+ @Cuplex, Gigabyte GA-7VTXH, 512mb PC266 CL2 Infineon, PixelView GF4 Ti4200@4600&Twinplex, IBM DeskStar 120GXP 60GB

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:34

henrik reimers made a test with more waterlow per hour:

120 L/h: 51°C CPU
80 Liter/Stunde: 51°C CPU
60 Liter/Stunde: 51°C CPU
40 Liter/Stunde: 52°C CPU
30 Liter/Stunde: 54°C CPU
20 Liter/Stunde: to 62°C senn, then cancelled

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:35

btw: most watercooling systems in germany DO use 10mm hoses (the only one using 8mm hoses would be watercool i guess)
ac does actually use 6mm hoses (8mm is the outer diameter)
of course this and the elbows will slow down the waterflow but this will not in any way affect your temps! :D there's absolutely no need for a higher waterflow! :o 8) (and this is proven fact)

and the radiator is made of aluminium because its just cheaper than a copper made radiator
and even a full copper radiator wouldn't be noticeable better than this one 8)
in tests it has proven itself one of the best (if not the best) radiators on the market

ps: sorry for my english...

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 22:55

Thanks again...and especially to R1ppch3n

BUT...

"proven fact"......where can I se this ? Where can I learn the knowledge that you know ? MANY woould DEFFENTLY disagree with your oppinion!

And where is there a review of the alu radiator against and default cobber rad. so that I can se, if you are right ?

But if it's true what you say, well then I will deffenly buy my stuff here ;D

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 23:15

there were run some tests that showed that the temperature is independent from the waterflow as long as the waterflow sustains above a critical rate
one was the test from henrik reimers that chake already mentioned
another one was posted in the cooling-solutions forum (i will not directly link this because some mod might run amok if i did... ::) ;D)
both prove me right 8) ;D

and here's a radiator test this shows that the airplex is better than a blackice 8) (besides cheaper... ;D)
and this using only 1 fan on the airplex!

Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002, 23:26

here is a link:
http://www.henrik-reimers.de/kuehlung/wakue.htm

it's unfornately in german... but perhaps google or so can translate it ::)

the waterflow test is at the end

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002, 00:27

If u are using much more Water, you will have lower temperatures: You have a bigger surface and so it will cool a little bit better ;)

BUT: I thing that 1-2 Degree aren't worth the Effort for this!

So just try using AC Components and you will _see_: it is much better than you have thought ;D

MfG
Sven aka Clark
c++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade.

Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002, 00:36

OK, danke fûr euhre antworten. ;)

(Sorry for my BAD german language usage! ) ;D

And REALLY thanks for the links ;)