• 27.04.2024, 10:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Fan overheating

Montag, 25. Juli 2011, 19:13

Hello,
I've just installed Aquaero 5 XT and I have two sets of fans (18 in total) on my radiator: 9 fans on each side. With Y-splitter I connect 9 fans to the Fan1 and another 9 to the Fan2 ports. By default everything works fine, but a little bit noisy. I set the maximum power for the both channels to 60% and the RPMs of the all fans were smaller as expected. But the temperatures of these fans (???) started to increase very quickly and Aquaero reported me "Fan 2: Overheating" each 10-15 seconds and made speed of fans greater for some seconds. Now I have two questions:
1) What exactly is heated so much (Aquaero reports 100 deg.C and says that this is "Fan power amplifier") and where is this?
2) How to reduce the speed of my fans and to get rid of the problem described above?
UPD: I've checked the radiator on the back side of the Aquaero -- it is really hot. So I've turned off the computer.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »YuVish« (25. Juli 2011, 19:23)

Montag, 25. Juli 2011, 19:55

Too Many fans per header is my first guess & if you plan on running more than 1 fan per header on the main unit your going to need to cool the AQ5 Fan Header VRM's, Either by putting a smallish extra fan connected from your M/B to blow cool air to the rear of the AQ5, but I suspect with the amount of fans your wanting to run your going to need the Waterblock to cool the VRM's enough (if your using a Watercooled PC?)... The slower you have your fans running the hotter the fan VRM's will get....
Or you need to get some POWERADJUST 2's to split those fans up abit, you can quite happily run at least 2 fans per PA2 fan header (you can add up too a total of six extra PA2's) & this is probably your best bet :)
N.

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2011, 11:05

Thanks for the reply.
Finally I've decided to order a waterblock for AQ5.