• 27.04.2024, 08:40
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquastream XT Ultra - Leak after two months of usage

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 14:41

Hi,

as if all the other problems were not enough, e.g. Aquaero LT fail, buggy - non existent software support or support in general I noticed aquainlet leaking. See pictures below :

This is two months after purchase of the product with very very limited use. I was able to find this because aquatube reported a lower percentage so kudos to aquatube and the old aquasuite software for this.

I am pretty sure the problem lies to the plug and cool connection - this is the only connection of this kind in my loop.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really disappointed with the quality of these products overall.

I do not expect any of the aquacomputer mods to answer me - nor do I need any of their help. I have had it.

Update :

After careful inspection it appears that the leak is from the pump itself and not from the aquainlet which makes things even worse. So after normal operation for (gasp) 2 months the pump leaks.

Amazing stuff!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Silvermaul« (21. August 2011, 18:59)

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 19:23

I guess there is a crack on the thread of the pressure side and the water runs down on the sides. That normally only happens when using adapters of poor quality or when the adapter has been tighten too strong.

Just check if you see any cracks in this area.

Sonntag, 21. August 2011, 21:50

The adaptor was bought from this site so I would assume that the quality is not poor.

There is a crack. I verified this. I don't believe that the adaptor was too strongly screwed. If it was why did it only start leaking today? It makes no sense as the adaptor was only screwed once..

In any case is there any solution to this other than buying a new pump?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Silvermaul« (21. August 2011, 22:02)

Montag, 22. August 2011, 09:48

It is almost impossible to seal that crack so at least the pump housing must be exchanged.

Montag, 22. August 2011, 11:02

OK so what should I order/do? I think the pump and the housing is one and the same?

Montag, 22. August 2011, 12:58

We offer the pump without a controller. The controller can be taken from the damaged pump.

The pump costs 34.90 EUR and is only available through e-mail or phone since it is no regular part.

Montag, 22. August 2011, 13:15

OK I will place an order then.

Is there any site/link with instructions on how to assemble/disassemble the pump. Don't want to break anything while trying to fix it..

Should I use this e-mail to place an order? E.g.

I would like to buy a pump without controller for the price of 34.90? Or do I need specific details?

support@aqua-computer.de

Montag, 22. August 2011, 15:11

Just write to info at aqua-computer.de.

There are no specific details required.

You can add a note to get a manual for the upgrade kit. Of course it does not explain how to exchange the pump but there are photos which explain how to remove the yellow cover.

Montag, 22. August 2011, 15:13

OK will do.

Have to say thanks for the support. Too sad you are the only one who supports though.

Dienstag, 23. August 2011, 17:41

Is it possible that the crack happened due to high flow? It is strange that the leak and crack first appeared after 2 months of usage without any modifications in between.

What is to prevent the new pump from cracking again? It's also strange that you knew exactly where the crack was , which leads me to believe that this is a common problem with the pump.

Do I need to take any special precautions to prevent this from happening again?

Dienstag, 23. August 2011, 19:15

Absolutely impossible that it was caused by a too large flow rate. The pump is not able to generate that kind of flow. Also the first thing that would "explode" is the round cover at the intake. Its locking noses would just break away.

It was easy for me to determine the location of the break since this is the weakest point of the pump. I have seen that a few times in the past - especially with adapters from other brands since their o-ring is pushing too strong so it breaks. Of course you can also break it when tightening the adapter too strong.

Just tighten it with your hand only and to not try it to hard. When it stops it is okay. The wider part of the adapter will just rest on the housing.

Mittwoch, 24. August 2011, 00:23

OK. Will post photos of pump replacement, maybe they help others...

Montag, 29. August 2011, 12:11

Another question : Is this pump with the Eheim 1046 identical? Are the parts from the aquastream interchangeable? I am asking because although I e-mailed info@aqua-computer.de I got no reply and I really need to fix this asap.

Montag, 29. August 2011, 14:12

I have no e-mail from you in my inbox.

The housing is identical to the Eheim 1046 but the engine is different and also the impeller is slightly different since it is fixed to the rotor while the original parts can move a bit and are not fixed. You can exchange all other parts. When you also want to exchange the impeller and rotor you have to modify them.

Montag, 29. August 2011, 22:00

Anxiously awaiting the new parts. I hope I don't break anything :s Will be updating as soon as I get them!

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 00:57

So here is the update as promised.

To repair the broke pump first disassemble your loop.

Then with a straight screwdriver just remove the yellow cover. Then you will see something like this :

After you do that gently pull the board up. Then remove the thermal sensor plug and cut the power supply cables. Also note which cable goes where - I am unsure whether the circuit works with both polarities and there is no plus minus or whatever sign so please make sure to note which cable goes where to avoid further trouble.

You will end up with something like this :

Then just put everything back together, by repeating the above steps backwards, with the new pump and you are ready!

That's it.

Things to note. Do not apply much/any pressure to the pressure or suction side of the pump when screwing the fittings This thing is more fragile than glass. Also the crack in my pump cannot be seen with naked eye and appeared only after two months of normal usage.

Many thanks to Shoggy - or Sven Hanisch I think it's the same and one person who generally helps.

Complain :

The same day I ordered the replacement pump I also ordered some curved fittings - paying 2 X transfer fees. Both orders arrived together in one box. So aquacomputer paid one fee while I paid two. It's not like 5 euros make such a difference in this life but what it makes a difference are the small details. Also both plastic pens I received as "gifts" for my 1K euros order are broken :)

Anyway that's it. Hope this thread helps someone else.

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 10:43

If you paid two times for the sipping and it came in one parcel you sill have a credit for the shipping so you can use it for your next purchase or get a refund. We do not put that in our own pocket ;)

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 10:47

Well I placed one order from the shop, while the other one was done via e-mail. I paid 2 X 5.00 euros so I guess that's two times. You should probably keep it because I will probably need to buy something in the future :-)

Freitag, 2. September 2011, 10:59

No problem, just add a note about it to the next order so we can send you a corrected order confirmation.

raven

unregistriert

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 18:33

Hi,
Please could you help me with a small aquastream ultra issue. Can this pump be mounted on its side or with this cause problems. Also some wires are preventing my yellow cover from clipping on properly, I'll probably just trim the cover to prevent the wires getting damaged but was wondering if I had the wrong cover.
Thanks
R