• 27.04.2024, 14:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SDK 64 bit? USB.dll 64 bit?

Mittwoch, 31. August 2011, 14:58

Hello,

I'm using Aquastream XT ultra pump at my experimental setup (yes, I know most people use this device for cooling computers, but I'm not most people :) ).
I needed possibility to control liquid flow from my measurement application and this great product implements perfectly my idea. Thanks for making the product.

I have been able to get pump working and I'm able to control it from 32 bit application.

Now my problem:
My end application has to be 64 bit application (so that I can use all resources of hardware), but SDK is only 32 bit. At least I could not find 64 bit version. :(
When I try to use SDK with my app it crashes.
IDE error message: {"Could not load file or assembly 'USB, Version=2.0.3189.17769, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."}

I have been searching information from this forum and it seams that there is no defined date when you will publish 64 bit SDK, even though people have been asking about 64 bit version during past 4 years.

So my questions are:
1. Will you some day (soon?) publish 64 bit version of SDK?
2. If you are not going to publish 64 bit SDK soon, would it be possible to get experimental 64 bit version of USB.dll (which seems to be the core component of SDK) sooner?

Best regards,
Lord Mike

Mittwoch, 31. August 2011, 16:02

A 64 bit SDK based on the old aquasuite is not available and there are also no plans to create on. A 64 bit DSK based on the aquasuite 2012 will be availabe in the future but don't expect this within the next few months. This SDK will also cover the aquastream.

If you are forced to use 64 bit you could only write you own class and implement our structure to it.

Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 12:52

That is little bit disappointing.
I was hopping to get pump totally integrated to my system in next few weeks :(

Zitat

"If you are forced to use 64 bit you could only write you own class and implement our structure to it."
What you mean with this comment? I have no idea how you have implemented usb communication inside USB.dll.
Could you provide source code of USB.dll? Then I might be able to make it to work with 64 bit apps.

Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 13:03

you need a interface to the Windows HID Api functions:
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/USB_HID.aspx
or
http://www.lvr.com/hidpage.htm

the byte arrys from and to the device you can translate with the sources of the sdk classes.
The USB.dll only works in x86 mode.

Donnerstag, 1. September 2011, 23:17

hello,

Do you mind that the HidControl class of the SDK is a standard HID component ?

How the major methode of HidControl ( "HidLockReviceEvent", "HidDeviceDataReceived", "HidReadFromDevice", "HidDirectReadFromDevice", "ControlBusy", "HidWriteToDevice") are mapped on a standard Hid component, and with what sort of treatement ?

I understand that the byte[] of a standard HID is translate to string in the read and write methode of Aqua HIDControl, but what is the design of the other methode ?

You are open a great hope !

Donnerstag, 8. September 2011, 22:34

ok, after some try, it is easy to read and write to the aquaero 4 with another usb contol HID, included 64 bits. The difficulty is to write a dll with the same API of the SDK (a big lack of information here) and to cover all the equipement include in the SDK.

Now i know it was not difficult to write a USB.dll in 64 bit for my proper use (aquaero 4 async read and write).

I don't understande why AquaComputer do not provide a 64 bit of this USB.dll, or the source code (like mytranslationclass).

• Does the actual SDK is compatible with aquaero 5 ?
  • Does the future (...) SDK for Aquaero 5 wil be compatible with the aquaero 4 ?
  • What is the option if i want buy a aquaero actualy with a SDK ?

Freitag, 16. September 2011, 17:01

FYI

I didn't want to create USB.dll again my self, so I decided to make some of SDK functionalities available through COM surrogate. ^^

This is quite complex approach, but this way I don't have to figure out what happens inside USB.dll. 8)
A another disadvantage with this approach is that debugging gives headaches. :thumbdown:

COM surrogate is wrapper code which itself is library, which has to be registered to Windows register as COM surrogate interface (= DCOM Server Process Launcher). All class functions of this new wrapper library are available through COM surrogate interface when I'm coding my 64-bit C++ application.

Warning: I could not use COM surrogate with C# project because VS is telling to use original DLL assembly instead of COM :cursing: *%¤#&¤%#* - thanks Micro$oft ( not really problem in my case ).