• 20.05.2024, 14:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Aquero 5 XT Questions reguarding fan output

Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011, 17:03

Hi guys I'm ordering an Aquero 5 XT and have a few questions about its capabilities.

I have 3x480 radiators with a set of 4 fans on each radiator and I wanted to be able to connect each set of fans to its own channel. (and be able to monitor them and regulate the rpm)

so that would be 4 fans per channel on the Aquero on each of the Aquero fan channels. (4 fans per channel)

-Is this possible?

-Will i be able to get the full potential from each of the fans?

-Is it possible to run this set-up with the stock cooler?

I'm also getting 1x PA2 to run a second flow meter off and possibly lighten the load on the Aquero unit and run the case intake and out-take fans off of it.

4 water temp monitors and then also monitoring a few other temps in the system.

2x flow meters

and then a few cathodes ect.. (which i would like to be able to turn off and on)

The fans I'm using are the following http://www.aquatuning.de/product_info.ph…120x38mm--.html

thanks in advance for any support or help you can give me :)

update

Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011, 17:15

oh one other thing.

I have no issues with water-cooling the Aquero however I would prefer not to as its just added heat on my GPU loop and the block to me looks very restricting i haven't been able to find any numbers on the flow rate of the water-block and info regarding this would also be greatly appreciated:)

Samstag, 29. Oktober 2011, 20:14

The aquaero itself should be fine as long as you provide a good airflow over the heat sink. I still highly recommend the water block, the flow inhibition is negligible in a normal system. But stay off the cathodes, they're dangerous. Do yourself a favour, get LEDs instead - They're brighter, less breakable and they won't burn out your logic chips neither.
Hier geht's zum RGBAmp
Hinweis: Der RGBAmp stammt nicht von AC und wird nicht offiziell supported!
Note: The RGBAmp is not an AC product and isn't officially supported.

RE:

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 02:32

ah yeah thanks heaps I might end up getting the water-block then, the cathodes are a bit of a must I had them sent over from some company I cant remember in Europe last year, I generally like to stay away from cathodes as to me there a bit tacky but these are amazing little things using them to back light a reservoir.

I did want to be able to control them off and on but they aren't exactly bright cathodes anyway so probably wont make much of a difference if I wanted to get some sleep.

Does there voltages or the fact that they use a converter wreak havoc with some controllers?

RE: RE:

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 15:22

Does there voltages or the fact that they use a converter wreak havoc with some controllers?
Matter of fact, both are true. Ever cracked one of those converters open? They contain a small transformer for stepping up the 12V from the PSU to about 600V. Problem with that is, whenever you switch current to a coil (ie a transformer) on and off, you get a voltage spike. Since all 12V busses of your computer are connected together, it spikes through all the system. More than one person I know fried an MB by switching off a CC or by having a loose contact in the plug. Those things should contain a varistor or a Z-diode to cull those spikes, but usually you're lucky if they contain a buffer capacitor.

See that spot marked "C1"? That's where it oughta be. Do me (or let's say: yourself) a favour? at least check yours for capacitors. If they haven't got any, don't try to solder any in, you might accidently create an oscillating circuit. Just throw them away.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »drdeath« (1. November 2011, 20:04)

Hier geht's zum RGBAmp

re

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 17:41

ah okay, thanks heaps Death your a legend I've been water cooling for a few years now but I've taken it to a new level for this build so i am doing allot of custom wiring and what not and its good to know these things ^.^

I'm not using a stock ccfl inverter im using one of these which does say it has voltage protection so i assume that's what you were talking about hopefuly anyway :)
http://www.lamptron.com/products/view/4_…th_Alum_housing

I dont suppose you know the best type of solder to use on well the majority of wiring inside a pc, fan wiring molex pins sata ect.. ( I've been playing around with wiring for well as long as i can remember but always very basic stuff I'm new to this side of things)

i also had one other question, not sure if it makes much of a difference for this use but i would rather be safer then sorry.

running 4 fans off the one fan header on the aquero i will be making a 4 -1 cable now all of the fans are 3 pin , ground, +12v line and then fan speed sensor (only one fan will have the fan speed sensor hooked up to it) now to the question What profile of wire should i be using?

to me when its running X Amount more current and their kind of daisy chained? to one another i would require heavier duty wiring?

Thanks for your time and all your help:)

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2011, 23:06

Yes, you should be fine with those ccs, the trouble mostly happens with those dime-a-dozen from hongkong where they actualy cut corners of a half-dozen cents for the cap. About the wiring, the cross-section of the stock wires should do fine for four fans each. Just think about the wires from the psu, they'll carry the weight of all sixteen fans. About the solder, any old stuff will do, as long as you don't try to use gutter bars or something. Mind, todays boards are soldered with lead-free silver solder, but re-soldering it with plain old Sn60Pb40 isnt't a problem. Just keep in mind that Sn95Ag5 has a much higher flow point, so you'll have to turn the heat up some and keep your iron on the spot as short as possible.
Hier geht's zum RGBAmp

thanks mate

Dienstag, 1. November 2011, 08:55

i would + point you if i had aquadrops. cheers Death for all your help:)

Dienstag, 1. November 2011, 20:06

Don't mention it.
Hier geht's zum RGBAmp