• 26.04.2024, 13:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Hi there! New, and some questions

Montag, 5. Dezember 2011, 15:16

Hi!

As you see, I'm a newbee on this site...

I'm French, so please don't be too hard for my english :pinch:

So, to be clear i'm a noob with watercooling on computer... Even if I think i can bring something here, because in fact cooling is my job (a part of : i'm working on industrial watercooling systems, with cooling towers, demi water circuits, chillers, blah blah blah...).

I'm here, because I am pissed off this huggly noise comming from my PC.

Up to now, i didn't wanted to make watercooling : as it's my job, all i wanted was to click and play...

As i want now to update my config, it's the good occasion to begin.

So i've got some questions now, and feel free to ask (almost) what you want...

What i want to cool is a i7 3930K, with a Geforce 580 EVGA hydro copper 2.

I thought to make a common cooling circuit, like that :

External chiller = T (one side to the inlet GPU, the other one to the inlet CPU), and return circuit with a T also, back to the chiller.

I think that's the best solution for me, but off course I'm open to suggestions...

There are my questions :

- What is the thermal charge of my system ? (it is the big question, because the answer will give me all the indications i need : flows, chiller, pipe diameters etc...)

- I don't trust the demi water with additive, can you advice me for a good cooling fluid ? (i seen PC pure, but as i'm a noob, i don't now what is good or not...)

- Which kind of waterblock is good for me ? (LGA2011, i don't know yet which motherboard i want...the graphic card has its own system, so no matter)

...Did I say that what is simple is good for me ???^^

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011, 14:54

You should not connect the cooling blocks in parallel! Use a serial setup because this way you can be sure that each block has a good flow rate to provide a good cooling performance. With a parallel setup there is the risk that one block is more restrictive and less water runs through it which also results in a bad cooling performance.

You should go with a 3x120mm or 4x120mm radiator. It is more than enough for your setup offers some space for extensions or the next hardware upgrades.

As cooling fluid you can use DP Ultra. It is a ready to use cooling liquid.

At the moment we have no blocks for socket 2011 but matching blocks and also conversion kits for older blocks will be available within the next days.

Dienstag, 6. Dezember 2011, 22:16

Cool, an answer 8)

Zitat

You should not connect the cooling blocks in parallel! Use a serial setup because this way you can be sure that each block has a good flow rate to provide a good cooling performance. With a parallel setup there is the risk that one block is more restrictive and less water runs through it which also results in a bad cooling performance.
Mmm ok, and whatabout the CPU first, then GPU, and later with a Y to 2 twin GPU?

Zitat

You should go with a 3x120mm or 4x120mm radiator. It is more than enough for your setup offers some space for extensions or the next hardware upgrades.
Please, what is the charge dissipated with one rad ?

Zitat

As cooling fluid you can use DP Ultra. It is a ready to use cooling liquid.
:D

:)

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 12:22

As said, I can not recommend to use a parallel flow setup. You have no advantage by using this but always the risk that one block will get less water.

We have no specific data on the heat dissipation for these radiators. I can just tell from our experience that a 360 or 420 radiator provides enough cooling power for the mentioned hardware.

Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 23:30

OK, thanks. That's odd for me, but i believe you, no problem :)

So we can think about 150 W max of dissipation per ventilator ?

But if we believe the specs of some products, there is a lot more perf about it (ie the 360XT can take 700W)

The matter is : if a take a 320 or 420 today, or semthing like that (goal : about 450-500 W) and want to add some stuff in my computer, i will have to change also my cooler...

Oh about the 360 XT : is it available actually ?

Regards :)

Dienstag, 13. Dezember 2011, 12:32

The cooling performance depends a lot on the speed of the fans ;) So you could also achieve a good cooling performance with a small radiator but at the cots of much noise ;)

The aquaduct 360 XT is currently not in stock. If you would order it now it is likely that it can be dispatched around the beginning of the next year.