• 28.04.2024, 08:58
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Extending the Aquaero or adding a 2nd one...

Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2007, 23:49

Hi,

I have an Aquaero and I'm setting up a new rig with three water cooling loops... so I want to be able to monitor the RPM of 6 things...

- Fan RPM on RAD1
- Pump RPM on Loop1

- Fan RPM on RAD2
- Pump RPM on Loop2

- Fan RPM on RAD3
- Pump RPM on Loop3

I will also have a water temp probe in each loop and use that to regulate the speed of the fans and pumps (through a DC-DC regulator circuit) in each loop.

I want to be able to shut down the system in the event that any RPM sensor reads zero.

Since my Aquaero only has 4 fan channels (and one of my channels RPM sensors is not working)... I need to add an additional 3 channels of control.

1) What are my options? Is there any way to extend the number of fan channels on the Aquaero?

The only thing I can think of is adding another Aquaero... I could then use one Aquaero to manage two loops and the other Aquaero to manage the third loop.

Some other questions regarding adding a second Aquaero:

2) Are there any concerns with running two Aquaero's in the same system?

3) I assume that the Aquasuite software can switch between them without issue?

4) Will I be able to display data from both Aquaero's in Samurize without issue? Or does Samurize only interface to one Aquaero?

5) Finally, my current Aquaero is the LCD version. If I buy an LT version for my second Aquaero, can I take the LCD off my original and connect it to the LT? In other words, is the LT fully capable of working with a display, it's just doesn't come with one? The reason I ask this is that due to the non-working RPM sensor on my current LCD Aquaero, I would want to use the new LT to manage two loops and the old one to manage the third loop and I would like to connect the display to the new one which is managing two loops.

Thanks for any help with this.

Re: Extending the Aquaero or adding a 2nd one...

Samstag, 28. Juli 2007, 01:57

As I mentioned before the Multiswitch may be helpful, but it does not sense RPM. Additionally the Multiswitch can step your fans in small increments, but I think the only way to do it automated is by doing your own scripting. Perhaps you might try sending a PM to Sebastian as he knows all the ins and outs of the electronic stuff.

Two Aquaero's shouldn't be a problem as they are run on separate USB headers. However, you will need to assign them to two different names. The Aquasuite can be set up to access more than one Aquaero, IIRC so you should be able to use one Aquasuite software instance to control both Aquaero's.

Question 4: Not sure about this. You might want to ask Shoggy or R1ckCa1n on the [H]ardForum as they have more experience with Samurize than I do.

Question 5: You should have no problem changing over the LCD display, but IIRC you may need to reflash the firmware. You can do this now from inside the Aquasuite software.

The rub may come depending on the hardware version you have. Which hardware do you currently have? A pic of the side would be helpful.