• 27.04.2024, 05:39
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MAJOR ISSUE: Tubemeter won't read accurately in distilled water - works fine in tap water

Samstag, 21. Januar 2012, 04:29

Updated: I did a test with distilled (which I use) and tap water. The tubemeter reads all over the place with distilled water. Works fine with a glass of tap water.

Yes I know that pure water does not have enough Ions to conduct electricity but distilled water does, just not as many (it's damn hard to create pure pure water).

Is there a way to calibrate this thing for distilled water?

---

Here is the version info after I've plugged it into the USB on the motherboard and running Aquasuite 4.72 since it supports tubemeters directly. \

The Firmware is 1.07

OS is 1.01

Hardware is 1.01

Serial# 02870

Production Date: 02/2008

Flash counter: 0001

According to Aquasuite, this is the latest firmware available.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Thorvald« (21. Januar 2012, 05:43)

Samstag, 21. Januar 2012, 05:15

Ok, the new beta 12 of 2012 supports basic reading from the Tubemeter now (but only if it is on the Aquabus low, did not find mine via USB).

So I moved it back to Aquabus and have a graph going. Level goes from 33-56% randomly. Averages out at 44.9 with a max of 255% (I've seen a few spikes that caused that).

Still not reading accurately or stable.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Thorvald« (21. Januar 2012, 05:24)

Sonntag, 22. Januar 2012, 22:13

Hi Thorvald,

My tubemeter is showing a steady level in the distilled water that I got from the gas station. :) Can't vouch about it's purity, but from my understanding it is very difficult (and expensive) to produce pure water. Anyway, there have been a few discussions about the tubemeter operation in non-conductive liquids but I did not see anyone coming forward with a definite answer.

I do have the problem with the level every once in a while showing 0 or 255, basically making the tubemeter useless for any kind of alarm. From reading the German forums this is a known problem but there is no feedback from Aqua computer guys whether are doing something about it.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 17:07

Well I gave up, must be buying really pure distilled water here. So I ordered a bottle of AC (Anti-Corrosive) from Aquatuning and followed the 2% as per the german on the bottle lol. So 1.8L of water = 36ml of AC.

Appears to be working now, meter shows 70% (Danger Den Monsoon res and 1/8 to 1/4 adapter doesn't let the meter sit fully immersed. Hence why I wanted the ability to tune what is "100%".

Still get the same issues other people get, random spikes to 255% and down to 0%, otherwise happy at 70%.

Cheers
Tim

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 22:27

Sebastian, over on the German forums, said that the spikes and 0% level are already fixed in the next version of the firmware.

Hopefully we will see it released soon. :-)

Kind regards,
Boris.