• 26.04.2024, 12:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 and winamp

Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012, 04:52

I seen pictures and of people running winamp on their Aquaero fine and I can't get it to work at all. I try to run jaLCD but the aquaero does not seams to send the information to that application. the LPT port is set for 'alt', aquasuite 4.72 does not detect the controller on usb at all. Aquasuite 2012 beta12 finds the controller and updates to latest firmware fine. I also try LCDHype 0.7.5 but it also does not work to display the winamp equalizer. I'm running win7 64bit.

Does any one have any pointers how to get it working? I'm also trying to have cpu utilization and available/used RAM to be displayed but also with out any luck. Today is my first day owning Aquaero 5 and I could not figure it out.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012, 15:53

ok, some additional info. Found out that that LCDHype is the way to go for displaying custom messages and winamp. The refresh rate should be around 9fps and should look smooth. First in the Aquasuit a screen for "usb lcd page" needs to be added from information pages section. This adds a slot to the display. Next the drivers for LCDHype need to be added. **Those I can't find anyware** if anyone has drivers for LCDHype please PM me, thanks a million!!

Once the drivers are added for LCDHype it should be straight forward to just pass the screens to Aquasuit. I just can't get it to work with out drivers. This is what I figure out so far.

If I'm wrong on some of the steps or some one have steps on getting this to work please let me know.

Thanks!

Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012, 18:49

Not much responses on this forum, but I want to share what I found so others don't have to go through the pain I did. Below is the script I used. My next goal would be to get CPU and RAM usage info displayed. If anyone knows info on it please share :thumbsup:

1. Install WinAmp, full edition not the Lite.
  2. Copy the WinAmp addin from LCDHype install folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\LCDHype\stuff" to winamp install folders "C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins" your paths could be different so change it for your setup.
  3. Open winamp and click on the wavy icon on the top left corner and select vizualization and select plugin. Pick data collector. This will pass the information to the dll.
  4. Open LCDHype 0.7.5 (get the drivers coppied for Aquaero to the LCDHype C:\Program Files (x86)\LCDHype\controller) Those drives are not available anyware !!!!!!!! I found it on rapid share, but I think they should be provided by Aqua-Computer as beta. It makes the product so much more appealing !!! drivers that I found could be out of date... anyway.. this is the best thing since sliced bread.
  5. In LCDHype under configuration pick the Aquaero from the list
  6. Paste the code and click on RUN

Now on your Aquaero switch to the LCD page screen and you will see beautiful equlizer playing to you beat!!

Quellcode

%Graph.Font('FixedSys', 9, 1) 

#Header
%Param.RenderMode(Simple)
%Param.FastWrite(1)
#EndHeader
#TextMode
#EndTextMode
#GfxMode
%LCD.Gfx_SetOverlayMode()
%WinAmp.SpecAnalyzer(FFT, PeakedBars, 255, 63, 50, 5, 0.5, 2, 1, 0, 0)

#EndGfxMode

Freitag, 3. Februar 2012, 18:07

Hi winreboot,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. You are right, this forum is unfortunately not very active.

The Aquaero drivers for LCDHype are available from here:
Version 1.0 LCDHype Plugin

They are probably the same ones you got from Rapidshare.

The following is the example code from the German forums:

Quellcode

%Graph.Font('FixedSys', 9, 1)
%Graph.SetTextArea(0, 0, 255, 63)

#Header
  / insert header code here /
#EndHeader

#TextMode
  / insert textmode script code here /
#EndTextMode

#GfxMode
  / insert gfxmode script code here /
  %Graph.SetTextArea(0, 0, 255, 63)
  'Time  -> ' %System.GetDateTime('hh:nn:ss')
  %Graph.Rect(50,20,200,50,1,1) 
#EndGfxMode

Please continue sharing your scripts, I am sure a lot of people would be interested in further expanding their Aquaero possibilites.

Kind regards,
Boris.

XNine

Freitag, 3. Februar 2012, 19:10

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a lot of active English-speaking LCDHype help anywhere, not just here. I want an EQ for iTunes on my A5, but have no idea how to go about doing it. I suck at coding too. I can screw up "Hello! World." Can you believe that!? :thumbdown:

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 09:09

XNine

It seems there is no LCDHype iTunes plugin. Without it you are pretty much stuck using WinAmp if you want visualization.

winreboot

Maybe you can use AIDA64 plugin and get your CPU and RAM utilization that way.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 17:27

Hmm, LCDHype just hangs on my machine (Win764bit), have to close it using Taskmanager. Don't even get the config screen.

Guess I'll wait for later betas and see if they fix whatever is wrong.

Samstag, 4. Februar 2012, 22:32

I tried LCDHype and it worked on my Win7 64-bit installation, running a sample script on the Aquaero.

Even managed to set it up on the Logitech G19 keyboard, decided I like AIDA64 screens better in the end. :-)

Kind regards,
Boris.

Samstag, 11. Februar 2012, 08:45

Hello, winreboot. Thanks for sharing this info. Unfortunately, I tried doing exactly as you detailed and can't get the equalizer to display on the A5.
The equalizer will display on the LCDHype preview window. But for some reason it is not getting through to the A5. The USB LED info page on my A5 just stays blank.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
NOLA_PC
(Win7 64-bit)

Samstag, 11. Februar 2012, 09:40

Got it working finally, after disconnecting/reconnecting USB connections to the A5. Thanks again for the info.
Best,
NOLA_PC