• 26.04.2024, 16:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

gullars

LCD-corruption on Aquaero 5 Pro

Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012, 21:10

I purchased a Aquaero 5 Pro for aprox. three months ago and it has worked like a charm to this day.

Yesterday I installed a AC highflow sensor and after boot the Aquaero looked like this:

20120205_202038 by 313gullars, on Flickr

I have tried to reset by sensor/jumper, reinstalled firmware and unplugged USB and flowmeter. Suddently without no obious reason the screen can go back to normal, but after a while the corruption reappears. The flowsensor workes like it should so most likely it is a coincidence and not caused by the flowsensor.

Do anyone know of a fix, or should I just apply for an RMA? It is wery strange that the corruption comes and goes like this, but I have absolutely no clue why.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gullars« (5. Februar 2012, 21:12)

Sonntag, 5. Februar 2012, 22:58

Hi gullars,

I have been fighting with a similar problem, usually it occurs if I fiddle with Aquaero, like install a new sensor or something like that. My problem looks like a grounding issue, because I can get the Aquaero to reset just by moving it slightly around the drive bay. Also, I could produce screen corruption and make it go away by playing with the mounting screws etc.

Anyway, I have isolated the mounting "wings" with electrician tape, disassembled everything and assembled it back together and the problem seems to have disappeared for now.

You can try to check if you have the problem described in this forum post.

If you can't rectify the situation by unplugging the USB and cycling the power I would advise you to contact Aqua Computer directly through their RMA form .

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (5. Februar 2012, 23:13)

gullars

Montag, 6. Februar 2012, 16:59

I unplugged all cables and relocated the Aquaero to another bay and havent seen the problem in over 24 hours now. I also inspected the unit without finding anything that looked wrong.

After relocating the fan amplifiers temperature increased by 10C (due to less airflow) and sits at 60C when fans are at low speed. What point can the temperature reach before I should be concerned?

Thanks for your answear bcikota. In a way it is good to see that I'm not the only one with this problem, eventhough it shouldnt be there to begin with.

Montag, 6. Februar 2012, 17:47

No worries about the voltage regulators, at 85C Aquaero will automatically set all your fans to 100% to try and cool down, if it does not succeed it will shut-down the channels. Mine are running at 60 for some time now, without any problems.

Kind regards,
Boris.