• 31.05.2024, 16:07
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

c.ruel

unregistriert

Low flow warning with aquastream

Sonntag, 26. Februar 2012, 22:03

Hi I just recently watercooled my cpu ... it's a very simple loop with
only a single 120mm rad, aquastream pump, EK ltx block and bitspower
cylinder reservoir, I did it more to give watercooling a go. For the
most part I have been very pleased with my temperatures (it is an old
phenom II cpu so nothing hot). But my aquastream xt pump is throwing up an error saying "flow rate: too
low". According to the software it only throws up this error if
flowrate is below like 0.1gpm ... so my flowrate is desperately low.

I have checked my tubing there is no kinks in it. I have doubled checked my loop order and it looks fine, you can see it here . It is such a small loop
it can't be the number of blocks affecting the flow. The final thing it might be is I put a drain port in. It is just a bit
of tubing connected to the bottom port of the radiator with a seal plug
to facilitate draining.

I can run prime95 with a vcore of 1.5 and an overclock to 3.6ghz fine
for hours. Is it theoretically possible that I could have a flowrate
that diabolical and still be able to run prime95 with a chip chucking out
150watts on a single 120mm rad?

I also did a hardware reset on the pump to put it to factory settings.
No in the main page it doesn't display the error because my default the
tickbox to do so is unticked but in the other software menus i can see
the lower than 0.1 GPM error.

Is it an error with the internal sensor!?

Any help appreciated.

gullars

Montag, 27. Februar 2012, 01:07

The Aquastream XT doesn't have the ability to read flow without a external flowmeter installed, so unless you have attached one its a false warning.

At which speed/Hz is your pump running? According to this chart you approximately will get 1GPM+ with a loop like yours (2.5-3PSI) and the pump running at max (+-75Hz) That is more than sufficient :) With modern blocks/equipment you can have flow as low as 0.3-4GPM and still get good performance, eventhough 1GPM is recommended.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gullars« (27. Februar 2012, 01:23)