• 28.04.2024, 06:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

aquero 5, Fan overcurrent error / aquero fan amp temps on water?

Sonntag, 18. März 2012, 17:20

Hi guys a few months back i ordered an aquero 5 and have recently set it all up, before i ordered it i did a bit of research about its capabilities and also made a forum thread here. I was told that i was able to run 4fans off one fan line but it would probably have to be water-cooled because of the extra heat on the 'fan power amplifier' so heres my issue.

I have 4 fans that I'm trying to run off of one fan channel and on start-up I keep getting this error "over-current" 3 fans works fine but it just wont start any of them when i have the 4th one connected(also all the fans run fine when i have them connected to a molex connector on a 12v rail, how would I go about addressing this issue?

This is how my fans are hooked up to the aquero- http://imgur.com/I6SPJ
(i have one of them disconnected though)

Also what's a good temperature range for the aquero fan amplifiers to sit at currently its around 32c in my room and my aquero on water is sitting on 40-45c under load. Channels 1 and 2 have 3 fans on each of them and are the highest at 45c~ the other 2 with just a single fan on them sit about 8degrees cooler. I'm not to happy with the temps considering my graphics card and cpu sit on ambient room temps(on water) under max loads so I may have another look at it and see if the water block needs to be re adjusted.

Big thanks in advance to everyone:)

cheers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »flyingcolours« (19. März 2012, 06:59)

wramey

Montag, 19. März 2012, 19:25

What is the amperage draw for each fan? The maximum power output is 10W for each channel at 12DCV. Furthermore, maximum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring.

The conversion of Watts to Amps is Watts/Volts. Thus, 10 watts/12 volts = .833 amp. Do the four fans combined draw more than .833 amp?

For one of my triple radiators, I am using three Lian Li fans (Model: Ll121225BL-4). The fan is rated DC 12V, 0.27A. Therefore, 3 x 0.27A = .81A. I am within the manufacturer's specs.

You may wish to use a fan header on your MOBO and control it via BIOS or better yet, Speedfan. The route I took, however, was to install three PA2s to control my nine fans in conjunction with my AC5 Pro.

The temps for my fan headers run about 50C under stress. I use a spot fan behind the unit to help air cool the headers.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (19. März 2012, 21:39)

DayRider

CaseLabs TH10A (Black) + Pedestal
2x Corsiar 1200i PSU (w/ mini-Commander Link)
Asus Ramage V MOBO
i7-5960X, 3 GHz, L3 20 MB, TDP 140 Watt, 8-core, Hyper-Threading
16GB Ballistix Sport DDR4 2 2.4GHz
2x GeForce GTX Titans
4x Samsung 850 Pro 1 TB SSD Drives
AC6 Pro, 2x PA3 Ultra, Flow and Tube Meters, 1x Farbwerk
2x Aquacomputer D5 pumps with USB
5x OCOOL Radiators + 53 PWM fans
2x ViewSonic V3D245 26inch Monitors

Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 05:19

Hi all,

wramey
Where are you getting your maximum power output numbers from? Aquaero 5 manual states 19.8W or 1.65A at 12V for each channel.

flyingcolours
We do need some more info on the fans you are using and the voltages you are running them at.

Anything under 85C is good for the amplifiers, that is when the Aquaero starts throttling the fans, so you are well bellow that...

Kind regards,
Boris.

wramey

Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 06:05

Greetings Boris:

I found this information in the 2011 Aquaero 5 User and Installation Manual on page 5 (English):

"4.3. Connector Fan 1/2/3/4

Voltage regulated fan outputs with speed signal processing. Maximum power output 10W for each channel. Maximum power is dynamically limited through temperature monitoring."

Boris, help me out. What page are you finding your information? I am confident that you are correct, I just cannot find it.
DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans

Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 06:25

Hi wramey,

I was looking at the Aquaero 5 quick installation guide downloadable from their support page here.

The wording is exactly the same as yours, only the values are different. ?(

I have seen the 1.65A per channel/5 A total (heat limited) number being thrown around a lot, so I would presume it is correct, maybe something has changed? The downloadable quick installation guide says it is current as of April, 2011.

Found one more document here.

Kind regards,
Boris.

wramey

Dienstag, 20. März 2012, 06:49

Thank you, Boris. I had downloaded the quick installation guide (and still have it) and that is where I had seen the numbers you quoted. I had even previously circled the numbers. I finally decided during my build almost a year ago, however, to evenly distribute the load over several PA2 Ultras so that I could keep the temperatures manageable.

However, we should ask AC for the authoritative answer: Which numbers are correct?

At this time, I am going with 19.8W/12V = 1.65A for each channel.

EDIT: Also, the User and Installation Manual says it is "Current as of April 2011."

:S

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »wramey« (20. März 2012, 06:53)

DayRider

Asus Ramage V MOBO
2x GeForce GTX Titans

Hi guys and thanks for the responses(sorry for my late reply)

Mittwoch, 21. März 2012, 07:30

I should have supplied more information sorry guys, i originally ordered my aquero and waterblock around October last year and it took about 4months to get to me so i've forgotten a few things since then. This was my original post[url='http://forum.aquacomputer.de/weitere-foren/english-forum/100472-aquero-5-xt-questions-reguarding-fan-output/?highlight=']Aquero 5 XT Questions reguarding fan output[/url]

I was lead to believe that it all had to do with heat on the fan amps and if i could get that low enough i wouldn't have an issue running 4 fans on each channel.

I have 3 480 rads in my system (1x GPU's/Aquero, 2x CPU/NB/SB) each with 4 Scythe 3000rpm Ultra Kaze's.

The rated current for the Fans are .60A, so 4x puts me on 2.4A which is well above the ratings you gave me. I thought that the max rating per channel was heat controlled which is why i opted to water-cool the Aquero if this is still the case is there a way to increase the max rating per channel so that I'm able to run all of the fans?

Currently i have moved the radiator fans back to just running off a molex connector but this isn't ideal as they are so loud 8| (one of the main reasons i want to run them off the aquero is so i can drop them to about 2k rpm and save my ears:P)

Thanks again guys and sorry for my late reply.

Donnerstag, 22. März 2012, 05:18

Hi flyingcolours,

With 4 fans connected you are just pulling too much current on startup for a single channel to handle.

Maybe you could get away with using Poweradjust 2 which can provide 2A continuously and 4A for a short time (start-up), but even then you would be on the limit and I don't know if the extra expense is warranted.

Martins excellent review has a lot of tests done with various loads, so you can get a better idea about the limits.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bcikota« (22. März 2012, 05:20)