• 26.04.2024, 15:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MaFi0s0

LT controller and 1 XT pump okay for what I want?

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 00:40

My loop will consist of:
i7-3930k
ATI 7970 full cover
P9X79 Mosfet

360 SR1 rad with 3 70 or less CFM fans.

Everything overclocked.

My tower has a door so no need for a visual controller, I also want to set and forget, when I am only watching a movie or browsing I would like everything to be quiet, and when I game I want the profile to change to a constant speed.
2-3 profiles triggered by temps for fans and pump.

Will the LT do this for me?

Dienstag, 17. April 2012, 15:39

Yes, an LT will do exactly what you want.

If the title of your post, ". . . and 1 XT pump . . ." means that you are going to use an Aquastream XT pump, I can't answer that part as I don't use one.

But, as for the AE5 LT being able to control everything and keep it quiet, or turn the cooling on full blast when needed: Oh, yeah!! The AE5 LT and all of its brethren with displays can certainly do that, and with ease. You might only need one profile if you master (easy) the "set point" controller in Aquasuite 2012. Also known as a PID controller. It, as they say, rocks.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

MaFi0s0

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 05:52

Thanks for the response!
So the controller is what I want.

As for the pump I am not sure if it is suitible for my build.

I am cooling a P9X79 mosfet, 3960K and a GTX680 all overclocked with a BIP SR1 360 so low CFM radiator, I am not after low temps just normal temps and a good 4.5-5GHz OC.

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 06:05

May I make a suggestion?

When you are watching a movie or browsing, you don't need even half of what an i7-3930 or -3960 can do. Probably not even a quarter of its power. Thus, enable EIST in your motherboard's BIOS. Or whatever they call it these days. On my old LGA 775 motherboard, enabling EIST allows the chipset to reduce the processor's speed and voltage when heavy computing power is not needed. That will have a dramatic effect on lowering the heat production. I have it set on my system, and its effects are completely unnoticeable, except by temperature monitoring software. There is no effect on the system's speed or responsiveness.

When you are gaming, you want the CPU constantly at full (OC'd) speed and voltage. If you are lucky, then there is a way that you can set it without having to mess with the BIOS. Or maybe, at least, there is a way to override it from the desktop when you want go gaming.

If you can do it from the desktop, not the BIOS, then enabling whatever Intel calls EIST these days, you will reduce the CPU's heat production, and that should help your AE 5 LT slow the cooling system down and make it much more quiet.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

MaFi0s0

Mittwoch, 18. April 2012, 13:12

Thanks, I did this with my current build although it may of only been C1E I enabled.

MaFi0s0

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 15:18

I cant work out the difference with the power adjust 2 ultra and standard version.

I need to control 12 fans.

1 aquaero: 4 fans
1 power adjust 2: 9 fans

I hope they can work together.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MaFi0s0« (19. April 2012, 16:27)

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 15:44

Hi MaFi0s0,

Ultra version of the Poweradjust 2 offers temperature-dependent control. So it can use it's temperature sensor input to control the output. Anyway, you can always upgrade your Standard version to Ultra by entering a paid key in Aquasuite 4.72.

If you use PA2 with Aquaero it shows up as another fan channel and you should be able to use it without problems.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 16:02

The AE 5 controllers can handle quite a few fans per channel. For a good example of just how much they can handle before the fan power amplifiers overheat (about 90 deg. C), and run the fans up to full power, see this specific page of the review of the AE 5XT From Martin's Liquid Lab .

Martin uses Scythe Ultra Kaze fans, which draw a relatively high amount of power, to load the fan power amplifiers. He winds up having no trouble at all with 3 Ultra Kazes, which is the equivalent power draw of 12.5 Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans per channel. The main limit is how many amps your fans draw per channel. There is some debate over the limit: Martin says 1.6A per channel, I've heard somewhere a max of 5A total across all channels, and I try to keep the load below or near 1A per channel. For what it may be worth to you, with a Laing DDC-1 pump that draws about 1.1A at 12V on fan channel 2, and set to 75% power, or about 9V, the power draw is averaging about 0.9A. The fan power amplifier temperature stays about 64 deg. C, well below the max (about 90 deg. C) at which the AE 5 will try to cool itself off by going to 100% power. I do have the new, taller, aluminum heat sink on the AE 5, but no water block.

On my AE 5 LT, fan channel 1 has an Akasa Apache Black attached to it, and is running it at 9.0V (75% or about 585 rpm) and the power draw is 0.07A, a Lian-Li fan on channel 3, running at about 6V (900 rmp) power draw on the Lian-Li fan is about 0.06A and a pair of Akasa Apache Black fans on the PWM channel, #4, they are fully shut down now, 0 power (which still gives about 550 rpm to these PWM fans), they draw about 0.05A.

Remember that the fan amps heat up only when you have them reducing the voltage to your fans. If they are supplying a full 12V, they barely heat up at all. Further, the lower the voltage that they supply, the hotter they get. So, for example, providing 10V to the fans they run cooler than they would if they were supplying 7V to the fans.

The number of fan channels you use on the AE 5, and on the PA 2, is more influenced by the number of ways that you want to control the fans (example, some fans at 1200 rpm, some more at 800, and some at 500 would take 3 channels), rather than the power draw.

You may find that you are able to load all 11 of your fans (BTW, 9+4=13, not 11) on the AE 5, thus freeing up the PA2 to control other things.

MaFi0s0

Donnerstag, 19. April 2012, 17:09

Yea oops sorry I cant count lol.

I should actually be okay with just the controller, no waterblock and no poweradjust.

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MaFi0s0« (19. April 2012, 17:49)