• 24.05.2024, 20:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Multswitch & Aquaero 5 XT

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 07:05

Basically want to check how best to connect these two.

I have read that it requires to go through the aqua bus (similar to the aquastream pumps).

I have managed to have the two aquastream pumps hooked up (via the high speed - aquabus port).

But not had any success using the Multiswitch.

Initially, had multiswitch via USB (worked on 4.72 np).

Then read that needs to be connected via aquabus so added the cables to the low speed port.

No luck, then read that Multiswitch works either USB or Aquabus but not both at same time, so have unplugged the USB.

Still no luck. I have read somewhere that u need to close jumper 5, according to the manual it says this jumper has no use.

It does however say that u need to remove jumper 4 to plug up to aquaero and this will disable front buttons.

Can you confirm the following:

A/ that i need to close jumper 5.

B/ that I need to open jumper 4 (as rather not lose front button functionality)

or

C/ offer me a way on how I can get multiswitch talking with aquaero 5.

Cheers,

RE: Multswitch & Aquaero 5 XT

Freitag, 20. April 2012, 10:45

Basically want to check how best to connect these two.
I have read that it requires to go through the aqua bus (similar to the aquastream pumps).
I have managed to have the two aquastream pumps hooked up (via the high speed - aquabus port).
But not had any success using the Multiswitch.
Initially, had multiswitch via USB (worked on 4.72 np).
Then read that needs to be connected via aquabus so added the cables to the low speed port.
No luck, then read that Multiswitch works either USB or Aquabus but not both at same time, so have unplugged the USB.
Still no luck. I have read somewhere that u need to close jumper 5, according to the manual it says this jumper has no use.
It does however say that u need to remove jumper 4 to plug up to aquaero and this will disable front buttons.
Can you confirm the following:
A/ that i need to close jumper 5.
B/ that I need to open jumper 4 (as rather not lose front button functionality)
or
C/ offer me a way on how I can get multiswitch talking with aquaero 5.
Cheers,

From what I remember, you do need to close jumper 5. If you open jumper 4 then you can control the buttons from Aquasuite but as you say not from the front panel. What I found was that leaving jumper 4 closed leaves the buttons on the front working and you can control the relay from aquasuite (cannot test the buttons as do not have anything connected to them but the light does not turn on of the button is set to on in aquasuite.

This is one big screw up in my books as you can only either control the unit from the buttons or from aquasuite and not both. Lets hope a firmware update fixes this.

Make sure you update the MS to the latest firmware using the old software (cannot be positive if I did this or not but try anyway), then JUST connect it via aquabus to the XT. You will then see the outputs in aquasuite 2012.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »chippie« (20. April 2012, 11:47)

Dienstag, 1. Mai 2012, 19:22

keep in mind that when the multiswitch is connected to the AQ5 via aquabus it is limited and only functions as on/off. if you want the full functionality of the multiswitch, including scripting, it needs to be connected via USB.