• 26.04.2024, 10:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

fan 3 not showing rpm yet still running

Samstag, 23. Juni 2012, 04:23

when in aquasuite 2012 beta 13 firmware 1022 under aquaero 5 fans section have all 4 fans displayed along the top fans 1, 2 & 4 show rotation speed and the voltage functioning correctly fan 3 however show rotation speed at 0 rpm and a voltage of 11.8v. when i go into the settings for fan 3 i can move the sliders and you can see the fan speed up and slow down accordingly but get no rpms from it. ANy ideas

N7SC

unregistriert

Sonntag, 24. Juni 2012, 01:51

Have you changed the fan that you are using on the AE 5 fan header #3? The problem may be that the fan has lost its rpm reporting capability. Take the fan that is currently connected to the #3 fan rpm connector on the AE 5 (no rpm) and connect that fan to the #4 fan rpm connector, and connect the fan that is currently on the #4 connector (does show rpm) to the #3 connector. If you switch the fans around on the connectors that way, and the software shows zero rpm now on the #4 fan, that means the fan is not reporting its rpm to the AE 5, because it is the same fan that used to be connected to the #3 fan connector when that showed no rpm. But if the software is still not reporting rpm for the #3 fan, with a different fan connected to it, then you have reason to suspect the AE 5 of being defective.

Montag, 25. Juni 2012, 02:18

checked fan in other fan headers and shows up rpms is there anyway to test the unit to see if its faulty and do you know what kind of warranty these units have

Montag, 25. Juni 2012, 09:42

If you have a multimeter: do a continuity check on pin 1 + 3 for the faulty channel. If there is continuity, then its surge protection diode is burned and if you are lucky it is the only damaged part. Even if there is no continuity it could be still damaged but this is more complicated to check.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012, 09:35

done continuity test and im getting continuity across pins 1+3 so how do i go about getting it repaired

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012, 13:46

In this case we would need it back for a repair (if possible).

You can send it back to

Aqua Computer GmbH & Co. KG
Gelliehaeuser Str. 1
37130 Gleichen
GERMANY

Since it is very likely that this is a self-inflicted damage we will charge at least the shipping costs back to you.

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012, 14:22

probably cheaper just to buy a power adjust 2 since the rest of the unit is working correctly, as far as damage is concerned unit was connected up correct as per instruction manual so what else would cause this to occur

Mittwoch, 27. Juni 2012, 16:27

These surge protection diodes become active at a voltage of 6V. In this case they try to convert the overvoltage into thermal power. Since this is a pretty small part this will work only for a pretty short period of time since normally these diodes should only protect the electronics against short surges. The diode can take up to 30.000V for a few nanoseconds. Normally enough to cover bursts like from an electrostatic charge or stress peaks from the PSU.

It is hard to tell what finally caused the damage on your board.

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 02:22

if the diode is faulty would the following still be able to occur, when in aquasuite 2012 beta 13 i can go to the fan section select fan 3 go to advanced settings set the rpm down to say 50% and you can hear the fan slowing down to the selected speed, the fan header is functionioning properly just not getting any display thru aquasuite 2012

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 11:25

Mhh, I am not quite sure about your settings there. Maybe you can provide a screenshot?

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 11:47

overview page shows no rpm yet fan still spins
fan controller page allows me to alter the rpm of the fan
the controller page shows the setup of all the fans (fans 1, 2 and 4 working with no issue, fan 3 working but with no display on the overview page

Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012, 12:19

thought i would do an update on the aquasuite software so installed beta 14 version done a firmware update and now fan 3 and fan 2 are down overview page is just all yellow triangles, looks like the software isnt able to support the hardware

Freitag, 29. Juni 2012, 09:03

Try to do a full reset:

1.) Turn off the PC and remove the standby power if you are using it.

2.) Remove all sensors from the aquaero.

3.) Place four jumpers on the temperature sensor connectors 5 to 8.

4.) Power on the system and after a few seconds you should see a recovery mode screen in the aquaero display.

6.) Turn the PC off and remove the jumpers from the aquaero.

7.) Start the PC and use the latest aquasuite 2012 software to flash the firmware onto the aquaero.

8.) Turn off the PC, connect all sensors etc. again and start the PC.