• 28.04.2024, 15:37
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Rioga

PowerAdjust 2 + Aquaero 5 LT. Signal lost via Aquabus

Samstag, 28. Juli 2012, 21:59

Hi all!

I have a power adjust2 and a aquaero 5 LT connected together via aquabus. Since yesterday everything worked fine. Now I can't see any parameters of the poweradjust like fan channel, sensor or flow on aquasuite. I have a Laing D5 pump connected to the poweradjust output, and it is working at 100% all time.

If i connect the power adjust directly via USB, i can see it in aquasuite, as a separarte module and works fine.

Things I I tried:
Upgrade Power adjust firmware to 1004
Reset factory defaults power adjust
Reset factory defaults aquaero
All aquabus channels for poweradjust (50-57)
Change the aquabus wire

It seems a problem with aquabus connection...

I use aquasuite Beta 15 and the firmware 1025 on aquaero.

Is something I miss?

Thanks,

Freitag, 3. August 2012, 06:36

I'm having the same problem, but can't figure out how to "assign" the "channel" in the PA2 settings.

Freitag, 3. August 2012, 06:57

OK, found the channel assign. Still no info when hook to the AQ5.

Freitag, 3. August 2012, 15:05

OK, found the channel assign. Still no info when hook to the AQ5.

Did you assign the channel numbers from 50, so 51, 52...etc....

The PA2's just appear in Aquasuite as additional fan headers, so under the Fans tab, you should see Fan5, Fan6 etc.... Same with the temp sensors on them until you rename them to whatever you want.

Also make sure you are connecting them to the correct "Fast" Aquabus connector on your Aquaero.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »chippie« (3. August 2012, 15:06)

Freitag, 3. August 2012, 15:54

I just have 1, and yes, it is set to 50. Currently just have fan 1-4.

I'll pull things out and check one more time, tonight.

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 08:31

Anybody figure out the problem?

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 14:19

Just started to experience this myself now after weeks of running fine with no issues, all of a sudden for no aparent reason one of my 2 PA Ultra's disapeared & lost the fan, flow meter & temp probe that is attached to it aslo. It all comes back again when I attach the PA Via the USB, But disappears again when I disconnect the USB..

I've checked & rechecked my cabling & connections and all is as it should be. After a while of starting, using & shutting down PC a few times, still with missing PA unit...All of a sudden, without me doing anything, apart from turning the PC on, Both PA's were both back & the connected fan, flow meter & temp probe were all there again & still with all their settings e.t.c.

This stayed like this for another 3 or 4 re-starts over a day & a half or so, Then this morning I turn on & Both PA's were now missing???.....
I shut the PC down & re-started straight away again but still no PA's showing. So I put the Main Aquaero 5 Pro back to factory settings (Via Aquasuite), Re-booted the PC then Imported my saved settings & now I have one PA showing again but the other still missing??..

I don't understand how all this has just started happenning considering all was well for at least 3 weeks, I hadn't changed anything or re-set anything.. Very strange!!!!

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (24. Februar 2013, 14:22)

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 17:29

Namron First of all let me say great work on those guides. I did not expect to see you reply with the same thing going on. Thought you were the guru on these things. Actually thought about asking you how to fix my problem. I know you have worked with this stuff a lot. Do you think you might know what is causing this to happen or any way to prevent it? We have to convince aqua computers there is a problem in order to get a solution.

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 20:45

Namron First of all let me say great work on those guides. I did not expect to see you reply with the same thing going on. Thought you were the guru on these things. Actually thought about asking you how to fix my problem. I know you have worked with this stuff a lot. Do you think you might know what is causing this to happen or any way to prevent it? We have to convince aqua computers there is a problem in order to get a solution.

Hiya Buckey.. & thanks for the feedback & glad you found it usefull :) ...

As for being a Guru on it!!!!.... Hardly I'm afraid... Just muddling along like most of us ;) & try out different things as & when I can get/afford various things.. I'm going to be having a more indepth look at whats going on & why this has suddenly started for me over the last couple of days (not had much time this weekend to have a proper look)..

I'm thinking about it may come down to me Totally resetting all devices connected (including a Hard re-set of my main Aquaero Pro) & uninstall & re-install the Aquasuite 2012, as I've tried the soft reset thing & got one PA back doing that but not the second PA (although both show up fine with the USB connected).. If by doing this I get everything back as should be, Then I can only assume it's something that happens maybe over time or dependent on what set-up some people have.. Maybe the aquasuite or main unit is gathering certain data & as this builds up it confusses the thing or some thing??......

I know, that sometimes if you use any old settings when done a reset it can cause some people trouble with various things not showing up or being able to control properly, So it may need everything Totally Resetted including un-installing the Aquasuite 2012 software & when it's re-installed not importing any old settings & start from scratch... A Pain I know... But that might well be the only way to sort this out until AC can find & do some work on this matter!!!

I'm clutching at straws here mind & have no idea if this is even possible that the unit/software is doing what I'm suggesting??...

I'll give things a look & try various things then let you all know (along with AC) how it goes or if I can find anything specific or workaround....

Sorry I can't be more help for now :S

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (24. Februar 2013, 20:53)

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 21:37

I have tried doing a complete reset and reinstall of everything. I am still not getting a communication between the aquaero and the power adjust 2. The usb connection works fine. I spent a lot of time getting aquasuite set up the way I wanted it. Made a backup copy too just in case it was ever needed. From what everybody is saying that is useless right now. Tried to do everything right the first time so there would not be a second time. Unfortunately I have set this up so many times in the last few days that I am glad I was not counting. It would have been a really big number. I am still going to see if I can figure out what is doing this. Hopefully aqua computers will get the problem taken care of for us very soon!!

Buckey

Close to finding the solution

Montag, 25. Februar 2013, 01:55

I spent a lot of time today trying to get the aquaero to connect to the power adjust 2. I discovered something. Every time I uninstall the software and reinstall it it ask me if I would like to keep the previous settings or something like that. Even if I choose no there is somethings remembered from before. Does anyone know where that file is or where it stores that information? That information needs to be erased in order to get a clean install.

Montag, 25. Februar 2013, 20:13

WELL!!!!!!... Make of this what you will peeps......

Last night before I went to bed I decided to turn my PC off at the PSU (Main PSU switch)... Turned on & Booted the PC this morning and there were my two PA's back listed in the temp sensors page, there was no sign of the attached fan to one PA or the Flow meter attached to the other PA... I again tuned the PC off & also turned off at the PSU mains lead again & swapped the Flow meter & Fan from one PA to the other. I then turned everything back on and Lo & behold... I have my PA's back & the fan & Flow meter now showing up and everything is running sweet again!!....

This is all very wierd & I have no answer as to why me turning everything off, Mains as well should or would make a difference... But in my case it did.. I re-imported my previously saved settings export folder & still everything is showing up fine... For Now Anyway!!! ?(

N.

Old settings

Montag, 25. Februar 2013, 20:31

You may need to do a full reset, with power off disconnect all sensors from aquaero, place jumpers on sensor connectors 5 - 8, power system up and wait a few seconds to see the recovery mode screen on the aquaero, turn PC off and remove jumpers from sensor 5 - 8, start PC and flash the latest aquaero firmware, turn PC off and reconnect all your sensors. This is allot of work to reconfigure every thing but from what I have seen the new firmware is picky about saved settings, at least from old firmware.sounds like you've been through allot already so starting from scratch may not be so bad. you must remove standby power if you are using it reconnect it after you flash the new firmware.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nihil Simile« (25. Februar 2013, 20:41)

Restart

Montag, 25. Februar 2013, 20:38

I forgot to mention if you have standby power this must be removed as well as turning power off to the system. did an edit on my first comment good luck keep us posted on what you find to fix your problem.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Nihil Simile« (25. Februar 2013, 20:44)

Montag, 25. Februar 2013, 21:11

You may need to do a full reset, with power off disconnect all sensors from aquaero, place jumpers on sensor connectors 5 - 8, power system up and wait a few seconds to see the recovery mode screen on the aquaero, turn PC off and remove jumpers from sensor 5 - 8, start PC and flash the latest aquaero firmware, turn PC off and reconnect all your sensors. This is allot of work to reconfigure every thing but from what I have seen the new firmware is picky about saved settings, at least from old firmware.sounds like you've been through allot already so starting from scratch may not be so bad. you must remove standby power if you are using it reconnect it after you flash the new firmware.

I forgot to mention if you have standby power this must be removed as well as turning power off to the system. did an edit on my first comment good luck keep us posted on what you find to fix your problem.

Hi NiHil

Yeh I know about the Hard reset & have done this in the past.. the problem is that this particular problem seems to build up over time & I have to Hard reset everything again to get it right!!!... My post above was about things being bought back to normallity by turning the Power off not just from the Aquaero but also turning the Mains supply off on the PSU??.. I don't understand it..

For around three weeks after I got all my Aqualis & AC gear attached Via USB & Aquabus the system ran fine for that time, Until the other day when I turned the PC on & found I'd lost one of my two PA's & the fan that was attached to that PA, On shutting the PC down to re-boot I then had lost both my PA's the second PA had a flow meter attached & lost that as well...... Now we get to my Posts above...

Things are still running fine on it since I just did the power off thing... Why I have no Idea... But I'm still thinking it has something to do with either the Aquaero 5 or the software is holding onto something that over time gets things confused somehow.. I don't know I'm totally guessing.... I've been using the Aquaero since the Aquaero 4 & used these Aquaero 5's since they came out & never had anything like this happen before, It's rather bafling to say the least...

N.

Buckey

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013, 02:37

I still think these problems have something to do with the software. I have tried the hard reset, moving temp sensors and flow meters many times. The power adjust will not communicate with the aquaero. Could the power adjust be bad? As I have said before, works fine on the usb. I always turn the power off at the power supply too. Every time I reinstalling aquasuite it ask me about the previous settings. Nobody has mentioned this besides me. Does this happen to anyone else?

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013, 07:57

As far as I know a PA2 will not show up as a tab in aquasuite if you only have it connected via the aquabus. When I installed my PA2s I connected them via aquabus and USB in order to configure them in aquasuite. I then unplugged the USB cables because I don't want that many cables clogging up my case and their respective tabs in aquasuite promptly disappeared but I have not had any problems with the devices not working or responding to situations in my cooling setup.

I don't think this is actually a fault. Leaving the USB cable attached provides extra functionality in terms of monitoring and alarm setup but it is not necessary for the device to function in its primary purpose once configured and connected to Aquabus.

I'm not actually sure I understand the problem you are seeing, but perhaps you could check your power saving options in Windows. Depending on the power management policy of your system sometimes 'USB selective suspend' in advanced settings is enabled and your OS may be powering down USB connections it sees as inactive in order to save power, which might be why the connections are vanishing from Aquasuite (?) Just a guess ...

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013, 14:26

As I and others have noted several times, there is a problem with devices either disappearing or not functioning from time to time. It seems most evident to me when a curve controller is configured, then changed at some point. The device seems to become "confused" and either retains the old settings or just refuses to function.
An example of that might be to temporarily remove a device, later add it back, or switch Fan headers to which a controller was previously assigned.
I have personally experienced this with both an Aquaero and with a Power Adjust. In fact I even once sent a PA2 in for repairs, and now I'm not convinced there was ever anything physically wrong with it.

Aquacomputer says they have not been able to replicate the problem. But I imagine they don't change/reconfigure things as often as I do on their test setup.
If it can be broke, I can break it, lol.

Buckey

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 09:06

More and more people are starting to have these problems. I do not know why aquacomputer will hot just admit there is a problem. It is like they do not want to fool with it. They need to do something other than try to sweep this issue under the rug. Overall it could be bad for their business. Bad news always travels faster and further than good news!

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 13:07

No one at Aquacomputer is trying to hide anything. I think they are genuinely puzzled as to why the problems are happening, and I'm sure as soon as they discover what went wrong they will fix it.
Going through all that software code isn't easy or quick.

My take on Aquacomputer is they have always responded to issues, give them time and I think we will see these issues resolved. In the meantime I wouldn't expect a daily update.