• 26.04.2024, 22:45
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

THANKS Aquaero!!!

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 04:13

Just a quick note to say how awesome the aquaero is. This thing probably just saved my system.

I had been having strange dropouts in my flow reading, and the other day, my pump seemed to be under-responding to PWM, and dropping to RPM/flow levels below what was requested. Tonight, I had a sudden system shutdown, I figured it was the same again, and that the aquaero had shut the PC down.

I reset, changed the flow meter cable (it's on a fan extension) and tried again. Shutdown again. I jump started my pump, and noted that the water level in my res dropped just as it always does, so I knew the pump was working.

I ended up shorting the ATX break line manually, just to get into Windows so I could get into aquasuite and see what the problem was. All this time I was thinking it was either a faulty flowmeter, or the aquaero messing around - the res level dropping had absolutely convinced me that I had flow.

Then the PC shut down again. This time the aquaero had clearly caught my CPU and GPU temperatures - I felt the line from the GPUs to the CPU, and from the CPU out of the case (to the radbox) and they were hot - probably 50 degrees. Oh dear - clearly no flow.

After more fooling around (drained the PC to get some bubbles in the loop so I could see if/where there really was flow), everything is working fine again and flow is reported normally. I suspect my pump is on the way out. It's brand new, but whatever. Strangely enough, during the low flow reports, when I forced my way into windows, I noted that the pump RPM was normal, despite the flow meter reading 0. Perhaps I had a blockage, but the coolant I drained was uncontaminated, so I am suspecting the pump more.

I just wanted to say thanks to the aquaero team for an awesome product. Without the aquaero, I'd never have known I had low flow, and likely wouldn't have figured out there was a real problem so quickly. The multiple levels of protection offered by all the alarms even protected me when I was a dumbass and ignored/disabled the low flow alarm.

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 05:46

Hello Boris How does the Aquaero shut the PC down when a failure of the cooling system occurs I have only bench tested my AQ5, and I am not sure how this is done.

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 08:04

I am not sure how Boris has his unit set up, but there are bunches of ways to shut down a 'puter from the AQ5.

One way is to use the ATX plug adapter from AC web shop. It provides standby power to the AQ5 and has a green wire that can be connected to the relay of the AQ5. Then one alarm action can open the relay contacts, and shut down the computer just like turning off the power supply.

The method I use is to connect the tacho signal from the AQ5 to the CPU fan header on the motherboard. When an alarm action occurs, the AQ5 can be set to turn off the tach signal, the MB BIOS detects a CPU fan failure, and shutsdown the machine.

Also, alarm actions can be set so that the "Key board Shutdown key" is simulated over the USB bus and the machine shuts down. It can also be put in sleep mode this way.

If I remember correctly, there are 8 seperate alarm functions that can be set up. Each one can be triggered by a different event, such as CPU outlet temp high, and perform different actions. Such as beep the AQ5 buzzer, turn on the Red LED at 100% and then put the machine into sleep mode.

If you are bench testing your AQ5, download and install the Aquasuite 2012 software and play with it for a bit. It will make sense. Eventually. After you play around with it a bit, you can easily set it up for almost everything.

When I first started to look for a water cooling set up, I almost dropped AquaComputer from my list because they were on beta 8 for a controller that had been on the market for almost a year. Then I looked deeper into what it is capable of, and I am ready to nominate the programers for a Nobel Prize. It has been a bumpy ride, but it is well worth the wait.

For the past 15 years, I have kept the same computer case for several generations of computer upgrades, now I will keeping the AQ5 and other products as my system grows.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Samstag, 13. Oktober 2012, 08:46

Hello Boris How does the Aquaero shut the PC down when a failure of the cooling system occurs I have only bench tested my AQ5, and I am not sure how this is done.
As Larrywill posted, there are various ways. What I do is use 2 methods - the aquaero emulates a keyboard via the USB connection and can therefore press the power button on the keyboard, and perform a clean windows shutdown. There is also a cable available to do what's called ATX break, which uses the relay on the aquaero to open the pins on the ATX 24 pin connector that shut the PSU off. So I set up alarms in sequence, so for example, my flow alarms are an audible alarm at 0.3gpm, then at 0.2gpm it will cleanly shut down the PC, and if it drops below 0.1gpm it triggers ATX break. I use ATX break for the event that the PC has crashed and is not responding to a shutdown keypress, or that the shutdown is started but doesn't complete which is not uncommon in my experience.