• 22.05.2024, 13:01
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Setup and Calibration of sensors

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 14:14

Hello,
I just got Aquasuite installed, and firmware on the AQ5 updated. I have a few questions if someone would help out. Total I have 1x AQ5 Pro and 1 PA2 ultra.
Everything seems to be working fine except the wiring broke off one of my inline temp sensors somehow, which leaves me with only one functioning.
Currently everything is controlled with manual presets in Aquasuite with pump set at 60% and all fan groups set at 70% until I figure out how to set everything to be automagically controlled.

1-Do I need to update the firmware on the PA2 ultra separately? It is connected via aquabus but no USB at the moment.
2-Is there a way to calibrate inline temp sensor? I'm getting a reading of 18.37c in the loop after the 2xUT60 480mm radiators, but ambient here is about 24c. So obviously that is off.
3-Calibration of flow sensor. I have the "High Flow" meter and have the calibration value set for 169 per suggestion with 7/16" ID tubing. Current flow is showing as 1.3 gallons per minute. System is 1x cpu block, 2x full graphics blocks, AQ5 block, 2x Radiators, 1x MCP35x pump.
Does the 1.3 gpm sound somewhat accurate?

Thanks for helping.

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 14:31

1.) Updating the firmware is only possible when connected via USB.

2.) With such a huge different it is more likely that the sensor is damaged. There is an offset function which allows you to change the temperature in the range of up to +/-6°C.

3.) Flow rate would be very high with this and more than OK - sounds almost unrealistic high.

Montag, 22. Oktober 2012, 17:32

1) Yes, USB only for updating anything aquacomputer make as far as I know. It would be nice if this could be done over aquabus in future, but I don't know if that will be possible.

2) You can calibrate the sensors with the PC off, that's what I do to get everything as accurate as possible. Shut down, let everything equalise in temperature for a long time (overnight or more), then plug a laptop into the aquaero using an internal->external USB cable, install aquasuite on the laptop and you can change the calibration values to get them all reading the same. No power to the aquaero is needed to do this other than what it gets from the USB connection to the laptop. I agree that being nearly 6c out sounds like a bad sensor, but you could try calibrating it then see if it tracks realistically with the system on when the water warms up - if it does, it's probably OK, or at least close enough.

3) That calibration value sounds fine, and that flow does sound realistic to me. I don't know if Shoggy is familiar with MCP35x but they are certainly very powerful - more than anything other than an Iwaki. I had a single MCP35x running CPU block, 3x full cover GPU blocks, 1 radiator and 10M of 1/2" ID hose (external radbox) and I was getting 1GPM indicated which also sounded right to me.

Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2012, 01:41

Thanks, guys. I'm a little bummed to think a new sensor is no good, though. I actually ordered another identical one (aquacomputer) today, will see how that one reads. I don't think a 6c adjustment will bring it in range as that would bring the reading about right to ambient.

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 11:33

Any ideas about the inline temp sensor reading? It's obviously way off. Currently I used the offset adjustment but I'm only guessing at the temp. Are these things not accurate? I mean I have no idea what range they are made for in reality and I don't know anyone else using them so I have nothing to compare to. Or should I just scrap it/return it to Aquacomputer for a replacement? That would probably cost me more than the sensor, I'm guessing as I'm in US.
Shoggy?

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 17:37

I'm not using the aquacomputer ones, I'm using one G1/4 plug type in the res and a Phobya inline type one coming out of my rad. I think they are quite accurate - after calibrating them in the way I described, I have poked around testing things with an IR thermometer, and also compared the "power dissipated" calculated by the aquaero (using both water temperatures and the flow measurement) to the power being supplied by the PSU and they seem accurate.

If a second sensor gives you a similar or same problem, I'd suspect the sensor channel on the aquaero and try a different channel.

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 18:22

Ah, yes I forgot about the method you listed for checking calibration. Too many projects, too little memory left in my brain.
No laptop but another pc close by. Have a new sensor coming today or tomorrow and will see how that one reads before I dig any deeper.

Thanks!

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 21:39

I tried to calibrate my temp sensors. 6 inline/5 blade types. I put them inside a platic baggie with the inline sensors screwed into each other, and held the bag down inside an ice water bath until temps stopped changinging + 30 min. I got:2.9/2.6/2.8/2.7/2.5/2.5 with inline and 2.0/1.6/1.6/1.2/1.5 with the blade type. The ice cubes kept freezing together so the bath was close to Zero C.
If I had been smart, I would have changed the sensors to a different sensor connector on the AQ5 and found out how sensitive the connectors are in different places on the unit. I didn't.
I was going to check all the sensors at "normal" temps, but the Boss wanted Her ice chest, and my computer mess off her table.
These things are just resistors that change resistance with temperature changes, with a nominal valuse of 10 kohms. They are made very inexpensively and I personally think with a wide variance in values. I do not care if they are +/- 1 degree Centegrade or more, I just want them all close.
I also believe that the physical connection to the AQ5 is critical. Bad connection = bad reading.
Hope this helps a little bit.
AMD FX-8150 OctoCore O.C. 18% to 4.2 GHz on ASUS M5A99X EVO with 16 GB Corsair Dominator W. C. RAM, 2 nVIDIA Geforce 560TI W.C. in SLI, six Western Digital drives for a total of 4.07 TBytes, AquaComputer Aquero 5 Pro, AquaComputer D5 pump, Multiswitch USB, tubemeter and Kyros CPU block. Two coolant loops,CPU & SLI, MB, RAM and AQ5, with two flow meters. Running Windows 7 Professional 64, and using Open Hardware Monitor v0.5.1Beta Aquasuite B16 hardware temps.

Mittwoch, 24. Oktober 2012, 23:02

I agree. Actual temperature readout isn't as critical as having them all read close to the same value, especially if you are going to use the temps for controlling a pump or fans.
I got a new sensor today, but waiting on the weekend when my new motherboard should be coming in and I would drain the loop anyway. Then I'll get the new one in and compare with the other one. If I can get both reading about the same in one location then I can get something workable.
Thanks for your input.

Donnerstag, 25. Oktober 2012, 01:43

Ha. Fixed my sensor with the broken wire. I just replaced the element with another one that came with the AQ5. I didn't realize it was just wrapped around the fitting. DOH!