• 24.05.2024, 13:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Name Truncation Issue

Montag, 26. November 2012, 05:18

Is there a maximum length that user defined names (e.g. sensor names) can have in aquasuite? I've got a few sensors with some longer names and I'm able to enter those names and see them show up every where in Aquasuite (i.e. in charts or gauges etc.). But every so often, I'll look at one of those names, and see it's been truncated.

I'm not sure when it happens, but I've definitely seen it happen after closing and reopening AS. It seems like the software handles these longer names just fine until it tries to save the names or something.

The truncation seems to happen after ~21 characters. I've seen it across several different sensor types, too.

I wasn't able to find other reports of this on the forum.... anyone else have this? Thanks in advance!

Montag, 26. November 2012, 07:21

I have also seen it but I cannot recall how many characters I used before the truncation occurred. I use quite lengthy names for some things and I noticed once that some of my fans had the ends of their names missing, which I then revised to shorter names and all was well.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 10:30

Confirmed, I've seen it too. I never figured out exactly how many characters are supported, I just shortened stuff when it happened.

Montag, 26. November 2012, 19:25

Thanks Boris and CC. I'm not 100% sure on the 21 char limit but that's how many were left after truncation on the several occasions I bothered to count.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LossMentality« (26. November 2012, 19:26)

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 09:08

Experimented a little...

The magic number is indeed 21.