• 27.04.2024, 21:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Extending wire for temperature sensors

Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 18:24

Has anybody extend the temperature sensors with additional wire?
They are two short for my case and I need to route them cleaner,, the wire needs to be longer.

I wonder what size wire should be and if this is something that would alter the reading.

I would need to add about 10 inches on each sensor (probes and G 1/4 inline water temperature sensors)

Thanks for your suggestions.

GB

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 01:33

gobase,
I just gave it a shot and it worked. Used 26 awg wire, and extended the 28 inch wire the sensor came with to about 40 inches. So...almost a 50% increase. No deviation from original temperature.

Pictures and discusion in this post : http://www.overclock.net/t/1266202/build…0#post_18696414

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 04:19

Yeah I have extended all my temp sensors. They work on the basis of the resistance of the sensor changing at different temps, any wire added has a negligible impact on resistance so its no problem. Its only low voltage so any wire will do too.

Mittwoch, 28. November 2012, 04:22

Great!

Thanks for the answer,,, awesome build, I checked the thread.
I also got a TH10, but regular flat black (At home, wife let me go wild in size, but not in color,, and Im not saying this with any 'other' meaning :-) )

My build is a little complicated, Im watercooling everything, both Xeons, full waterblock for the EVGA SR-X, GPU, all the RAM with Ramplex and also RAID HBA plus RAID expander.
I tested my RAID HBA on another previous build and when is maxed out with HDDs, the temperature skyrocketed, so I had to put a waterblocks on it, and also watercool the Raid expander.
On this build, as crazy as it sounds, Im putting 36 HDDs (between 3.5 and 2.5 ) all SAS (the need for speed I guess.
I almost watercooled the HDDs but I couldnt find blocks that fits.

My boot drive is a OCZ Revodrive 900 GB,,

Im trying to keep the noise at minimum, and to do that I removed any small fan from GPU, RAID, Expander, etc and added water on them, so it is critical that I feed the Aquaero 5 with the right temp input from all over the place so it make decisions regarding the fan speed, water flow, etc.
That is forcing me to plan for temp sensors distant from the AE, and I dont want the cables hanging around so I need to customize them.

I dont want to put pictures of my build yet, even though I had shared a couple with Caselabs support and Shoogy,
Sometimes, dut to work, I have to leave stuff halfway, so when the build is ready, or almost ready, Ill post some pictures.

Thanks again for the explanation, Ill do exactly like you suggested,, including the test with the untouched sensor.

GB

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »gobase2008« (28. November 2012, 04:25)