• 27.04.2024, 23:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 ATX breakline or how to start a second PSU using the Aquaero

Donnerstag, 6. Dezember 2012, 10:21

hi all.
I never used the relay of the aquaero 5 ,so I'm looking for advice.
Is it possible to use the relay to start a second PSU ? I mean it has to start when aquaero starts ,and to shut down when the aquaero powers down.
I guess this is involving the green/black wires,but the relay has three poles.witch of them to use?
the functioning of this second PSU is critical. is the relay of the aquaero reliable ?
also if someone has the patience to explain to me the software configuration ,I'll be very much obliged.

thanks in advance.

Pilo

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 03:45

aquaero 5 quick installation guide english, (224,4 kB)

Zitat

4.12. Connector „Relay“
Floating contact (changeover contact). May be used for emergency shutdown
of the PC which requires additional accessories (not included in delivery) or
for free use. Maximum contact rating 1 A, 12 V.
Pin assignment: Pin 1: normally open
Pin 2: normally connected
Pin 3: common connector
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 14:29

thanks...I guess.
:(
too stupid to do this...I guess I just connect it the old fashion way ,with the main PSU.

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 17:07

From a quick reading of the manual, I don't think you can control a power supply with the built-in relay in the Aquaero 5. In order to turn on a power supply, the power on/off lead on the 20 or 24 pin cable from the power supply has to be connected to ground. It looks like the built-in relay in the AE 5 only provides 12V. So no luck using it directly.

However, if you were to buy a small, inexpensive 12V relay from Radio Shack or Mouser (preferred), you could use the AE 5's built-in relay to close the contacts on the little relay to ground the power-on line from the power supply. You would want a relay that is normally open, or NO. But many relays have terminals for both NO and normally closed NC. If you connect the PS to the NC terminals, your PS would turn on only when the AE 5 was off. It may be possible to do with either the Poweradjust or the Multiswitch, but I don't know. In either case you want a relay that you can use to bring the power-on line to ground, not 12V.

If you go looking for a 12V relay to build your own, make sure to select one that has a coil that draws less than the rated output of the AE 5's built-in relay, which is 1 amp at 12 V. Thus a 12V relay that draws 0.5A would work nicely.
Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 17:29

Actually you might be able to use the aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break cable from AquaComputer. But I'm not sure as the info about the cable on the AC site is only in German, and Google Translate mangles it when trying to translate it into English. But anyway, here is the translation:

"
24 pin ATX adapter plug on standby power supply connector for the aquaero and out-run a loop ATX PS_ON # line (green) for possible use with the switch output of the aquaero. Length of the cable between the ATX connectors 5 cm, standby power and PS_ON # each about 70 cm.

Note:
For use with the switching output of the aquaero adding one plug for the relay output is required (No. 53080 and No. 53036 in aquaero 5 at aquaero 3.07/4.00)."

Also, look at these posts

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?202114-Aquaero-relay-connector-please-help Note the last post in this thread.

and

http://www.overclock.net/t/1059864/aquaero-5-xt/30

Finally, Lian Li makes a cable for its bigger cases, the ones that can hold two power supplies, that allows one power supply to turn on the second one. That may do the trick for you too. In any case the Aquaero cable or the Lian Li cable are a whole lot less expensive than the Poweradjust or Multiswitch.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Loves Dogs« (7. Dezember 2012, 17:33)

Dogs live by four simple rules: Eat, Sleep, Play, Love. The world would be a much better place if we humans lived by only these rules as well.

Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 21:43

Actually you might be able to use the aquaero power connect - 24 pin ATX standby power / ATX break cable from AquaComputer. But I'm not sure as the info about the cable on the AC site is only in German, and Google Translate mangles it when trying to translate it into English. But anyway, here is the translation:

"
24 pin ATX adapter plug on standby power supply connector for the aquaero and out-run a loop ATX PS_ON # line (green) for possible use with the switch output of the aquaero. Length of the cable between the ATX connectors 5 cm, standby power and PS_ON # each about 70 cm.

Note:
For use with the switching output of the aquaero adding one plug for the relay output is required (No. 53080 and No. 53036 in aquaero 5 at aquaero 3.07/4.00)."

Also, look at these posts

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?202114-Aquaero-relay-connector-please-help Note the last post in this thread.

and

http://www.overclock.net/t/1059864/aquaero-5-xt/30

Finally, Lian Li makes a cable for its bigger cases, the ones that can hold two power supplies, that allows one power supply to turn on the second one. That may do the trick for you too. In any case the Aquaero cable or the Lian Li cable are a whole lot less expensive than the Poweradjust or Multiswitch.
Yes,I know the Lian Li cable and the AC one.They basically provide just a by-pass for the green/black wires.The AC cable,I used to own a few years ago..It worked with the old Aquaero,just by putting the green and black wires into the relay.In fact that's where I got the idea.The second PSU would feed extra power on the PCI-E slots,as well as powering one secondary Aquaero,with it's own pumps and fans.needless to say,I would need that only in overclocking sessions,or in the summer.
Linking the second PSU directly to the main PSU would make it run permanently,and that's not what I had in mind.

Freitag, 14. Dezember 2012, 03:54

If you are saying that you want your AE 5 to control the second power supply, then there is an easy way to do it. You have to use one of the cables like the Lian-Li that I mentioned above. Read on:

The Lian-Li cable that I recommended parallels the cables that give the first psu the "ON" command. Thus, when one is turned on, the other one turns on. And when one turns off, the other one turns off. The cable connects to the motherboard on one end, then to the power supply 20 or 24 pin cable on the other end. There is a 20 or 24 pin connector with only two cables attached for the second power supply. The second power supply plugs into the Lian-Li cable as if the LL cable were the motherboard power connector. Thus, when the motherboard grounds out the "power on" cable, it does so for both power supplies and they both turn on, etc. Now all you have to do is put the AE 5 relay in control of the second PSU. That's easy. Here is a link to the cable at Lian-Li:

http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/pro…=50&ss_index=19

Here is a link to FrozenCPU.com's page of Multi PSU Adapters, it includes the Lian-Li. All of these cables and adapters will control a second power supply from the first. You fool the second PSU into thinking the AE 5 relay is the motherboard. Then you can control your second PSU the way you want it controlled. In other words, in times of heavy load on the system, etc.

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g2/c413/…pter-Page1.html

You will have to buy one of the multi PSU adapters, like the ones linked above (unless you want to make up one of your own). You just need to get a connector that fits on the relay. Take the multi CPU adapter cable and cut off the 24-pin connector with only the green and black wires on it Put the relay connector on the green and black cables that you just took the connector off of. Connect the green and black cables to pins 1 and 3 of the relay connector, the outside ones. Plug it into the AE 5 relay connector, then connect the 24 pin connector to the second power supply, connect everything else that you want connected to the second power supply. Then set up everything the way you would like in Aquasuite 2012, and you are done.

NOTE: I don't think the connector for the relay is a standard 3-pin fan type connector, the spacing of the pins looks too far apart. But Shoggy may be able to get you the right one, and if not, the staff at FrozenCPU.com probably can. This way the relay on your main AE 5 can control the start up of the second power supply when you need the power. And if you don't want to do all this simple work yourself, then the crew at FrozenCPU can probably make the cable up for you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Scott Loves Dogs« (14. Dezember 2012, 04:28)