• 26.04.2024, 12:05
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Data Log->Data Sources->Time Range bug

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012, 01:29

I think there's a bug in Data Log->Data Sources->Time Range - either that or my expectations of how it should work are wrong.

If you go and set the time ranges for a sensor in the Data Log->Data Sources list, the time range will be reset to 1 hour as soon as you switch to another sensor. So, if you want to set up a chart that shows the last 3 minutes of data for 2 sensors, you can't because as soon as you switch to another sensor, the first sensor's time range is reset.

Also, the chart profiles on the chart manager tab do not seem to save the time Data Log->Data Sources->Time Ranges value, though that is likely just because they're reset by the time you click save.

Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2012, 07:11

The behavior is correct.
When you change the the source, the time range is also reset. To prevent to load to much data nto the log chart.

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 01:36

Thanks for the response. I understand the concern with loading too much data. But it'd be nice to be able to set up a chart profile that displays only data from the last 5 minutes. Or 10 minutes. Or whatever. As it stands now, I have to manually go through every sensor being displayed and set it to the last 5 minutes and then display the data. And of course doing it manually means that the last sensor I display will have more recent data than the first sensor. In short, it seems wrong that all chart profiles display all data only for the last hour. I really wish there was a way, for example, to set profile x to dispaly data for the last 5 minutes, and profile y to display it for the last day. Or perhaps I'm missing a way to do this?
And while I understand too the problem of feature creep, another more elegant way to handle the concern about displaying too much data would be to let the user set and save time ranges to charts, but have aquasuite do a check of the total amount of data the user is asking to be displayed and say, "Error: you're asking to display too much data" if the total amount of data is too great. Just something to think about for the future, maybe :)

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 07:40

In the new Release Version (6) we have changed some things. Try it.

Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 19:52

Excellent Sebastian! It's working exactly as I hoped! Thanks for improving an already excellent piece of software. Also I want to say that I noticed the performance improvements; they're much appreciated too.

On a somewhat related note: is there any way to save chart manager profiles (e.g. export to an XML file or something)? I haven't seen a way to do that, and it would be helpful for re-installing aquasuite. If that's not availble, can you please tell me in which file Aquasuite stores the chart manager profiles? Don't really need the XML export if I know where the configuration data is stored.

Thanks!

Freitag, 21. Dezember 2012, 09:41

The settings are stored into the internal database. The database file is located in the folder C:\ProgramData\aquasuite 2012.

Freitag, 21. Dezember 2012, 19:30

Thanks Shoggy. To be sure, is the database file C:\Program Files\aquasuite 2012\aquasuite.exe.config? Or is it C:\Program Files\aquasuite 2012\Content\aquasuite_db.database" ?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »LossMentality« (21. Dezember 2012, 19:52)