• 26.04.2024, 18:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite bug confirmed

Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013, 15:46

I had a pump running from a Power Adjust Ultra using a curve controller. I needed to pull the pump out for a few days and so disabled the curve controller. After reinstalling the pump the output of the Power Adjust would only work during boot, after Aquasuite took over there was zero output from the Power Adjust, although a temperature sensor connected continued to function.

This is the third time I've seen this problem, where a device is removed from either the Aquaero 5 Pro or a Power Adjust Ultra when a curve controller is used, and the output on a fan header refusing to function.
It is as though the device expects the output to be in use, and not seeing anything on the output it just shuts down, even though the device has been deleted from the curve controller.

To remedy this with the Aquaero I ended up doing a hardware reset. For the Power Adjust(s), I've had to reflash the firmware via USB connection, NOT use any saved settings but configure everything from scratch. As soon as saved profiles are imported the fan header will become inactive, although any other connected devices on a Power Adjust such as a temperature or flow sensor will continue to function normally.

I will add that even direct control from Aquasuite / Fans / power settings becomes dysfunctional.

To me this is clearly a bug in Aquasuite. Hopefully the folks programming the software will be advised of this and remedy the problem.

Dienstag, 29. Januar 2013, 01:31

....and another bug confirmed.
I have one of the fan headers powering up every time I click "Fans" in Aquasuite, even though both minimum and maximum power settings are at 0.

Bug not confirmed!

Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013, 14:33

Hi,
we cant reproduce the bug.

1. Attached a poweradjust (aquabus)
2. Setup a curve controller, fan is running with 60%.
3. Powered down an cut the aquabus connection

4. Powered up and the aquasuite displays the last configuration with the removed poweradjust
5. checked the fan page, the pa-output is not available.

6. Powered down and connect the aquabus
7. Powered up and the poweradjust fan is running @60%

Zitat

....and another bug confirmed.

I have one of the fan headers powering up every time I click "Fans" in
Aquasuite, even though both minimum and maximum power settings are at 0.

We cant reproduce this issue, i think this is a faulty configuration in your device.

Dienstag, 19. Februar 2013, 17:37

If by faulty configuration you mean the device has somehow retained bad settings then I tend to agree, since several times I had to start recovery mode.

But I have had this problem both with a Power Adjust and with a Fan output on the Aquaero itself.

Meanwhile it's more of an irritant than a major problem, once one knows how to reset the device. I'm sure it will get straightened out at some point, and I appreciate your trying to reproduce my problem.

---
The problem with a fan header powering up even though the power min/max were both set at zero resolved itself within a few days. This was happening just by opening the Fans tab. Here again the Fan header previously had a curve controller assigned but had been removed in Aquasuite.

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 05:57

I had the same problems. Everything was working great until I disconnected a d5 pump to replace it with a different kind. Now I want to use a power adjust 2 ultra to control the replacement pump. When I connect it to the usb everything show up in aquasuite and work fine. The problem is when I connect it to the aquaero 5 there is nothing. There has been a few times in the past one of the fan headers would power up a fan every time I click "Fans" in aquasuite, even though both minimum and maximum power settings are at 0. The fan powering up seemed to fix its self after some time. Just wanted to mention that I had the same thing happen. Mandrix explained how to get everything back working again. I understand how to reset the aquaero but I have not figured out how to reflash the firmware on the power adjust 2. Has anyone else had problems like these? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 12:45

They haven't figured out how to reproduce the problem so it likely won't get fixed right away.

Have you tried to get the Power Adjust to work independently of the Aquaero?

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 13:49

OOoops!!...Wrong thread..sorry.. :whistling:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (24. Februar 2013, 14:22)

Buckey

Find a solution!

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 17:15

Everybody that has this problem needs to come forward to let them know that there really is something wrong..We need to stay on them about it. That is the only way to get this fixed. I just wonder if it is a version of windows causing it or an update. Maybe a conflict with other software. Lets start putting the version of windows we use at the end of the message. There has to be a solution to this.

Mandrix,
The power adjust works great independently the aquaero. I just can not get them to work together. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work except reflashing the firmware to the power adjust. It has the current version already so there is not an option in aquasuite to reflash like the aquaero. How did you do it? Is it possible to reflash the same version?

windows ultimate 64 bit

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 17:32

If the PA2 came with an earlier version of firmware you can reset to factory defaults. Might try that anyway.
------------------
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 17:37

Thanks for the suggestion. I will give it a try as soon as I can. Please post anything else that might help.

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 18:32

Reset firmware. Use recovery mode for the Aquaero. Wipe Aquasuite completely including anything in Program Data, reinstall and do not import any settings. Set up controllers and everything from scratch. Everything should work again.
Keep using old settings and you will keep having problems.

Buckey

Sonntag, 24. Februar 2013, 21:16

This about the Program Data is new to me. Can you tell me more about
that? When I uninstalled aquasuite 2012 there was a folder still there
by that name. I just deleted it, which actually put it in the recycle
bin. I permanently deleted it from there. Did a restart. Everything
appeared to be gone. Do I need to use a drive sweeper on it? Already
used recovery on the aquaero. Then I reinstalled aquasuite. During the
install it ask me something about using previous settings. I chose no of
course. That told me it must be saving the settings in an unknown
location. I did a search but found nothing. The only thing left is
resetting the firmware on the power adjust. Is there a certain order I
need to take all these steps in?

Dienstag, 26. Februar 2013, 14:50

I could be wrong, of course, but I believe the Program Data/Aquasuite 2012 folder is the only one not removed during uninstall.
Once you do a hard reset of the Aquaero (full recovery mode), it should wipe any settings remaining in the device.
There is a "mini recovery" mode where you only jumper #8 temp terminals, but I don't know how effective that is as I've never tried it.
quoted from martinsliquidlab that allegedly came from Shoggy:

"Remove all unnecessary connections with exception of the power. When
turned off, place a jumper on the temperature sensor 8. Start the device
afterwards, wait for a few seconds, turn it off, remove the jumpers,
attach USB and run the aquasuite. Normally it should work now. "

Buckey

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 04:24

I always use the full recovery mode. What is the point of the mini recovery?

Aquasuite Strikes Again!

Freitag, 1. März 2013, 11:47

Once again I had problems and had to do a full reset on the Aquaero. I had two Power Adjust Ultra's and added a Power Adjust Standard. With nothing connected to the Standard except power and USB I booted up and my other two Power Adjusts had disappeared from Aquasuite. The two Ultra's were connected as normal to the Aquabus.

Nothing else was changed prior to booting up with the USB connected to the new Power Adjust. Nothing. Minutes prior to this everything was running smoothly, with four curve controllers configured and operating as they should.

Fortunately I'm through adding fans and pumps to my system, going through all this is getting a little tiresome.

After starting out with pc's in the 80's through now I think I know when I see a "bug". I know coding problems can be hard to trace and problems hard to replicate but there is no doubt in my mind there is a problem in the software.
I suggest instead of trying something one or two times on some little rig you guys set up a major system with an Aquaero and several Power Adjusts and keep changing things around, adding and removing controllers, etc, whatever it takes until you can replicate the problem.

Not trying to be an a$$ about it but there it is. If you can convince me I screwed up somehow then fine, tell me what and how I can adjust for it. I explained in the first sentences exactly what I did to invoke the problem this time.

Freitag, 1. März 2013, 12:23

I've been having a play around over the last few of days again with this & I have found, from my own experiences, That moving connections mainly USB for me Made the aquasuite/aquaero misplace one usually of my two Pa's but some times also misplacing Both of them & even had it that it didn't see the LT I have a Slave device...
To be honest I got wee bit fed up of keep resetting the Aquaero & found that if after I'd changed a connection & the fault appeared, I just shut the PC down as normal & then turn the PSU off as well just for 30 secs to a minute, Then turn it all on again..... & everything was back & hunky dorry again...

But as soon as I shut down and altered a USB connection one of the PA's went missing again... So did my shut down of PC & PSU again & on turning the PC back on everything was OK again...

I've not moved any connections now for a day or two & It's all been running fine with no other issues.. But I can make it happen again just by moving a USB connection it seems for me anyway....
I'm glad that I've been able to sort my missing PA's e.t.c & for me anyway doing just a PC shut down & PSU turn off I'm able to get things back to normal with this easy sort of fix...
Maybe worth giving it a try, although it may not work for others I don't know, I guess it depends on varying system set-ups?... I just know It works for me & maybe it gives the AC boy's abit off clue as why this should be happening to some of us..?...

Good Luck.... ;)

N.