• 26.04.2024, 21:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

How to mount temperature sensors included with Aquaero 5

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 06:51

What is the best method for mounting the temperature sensors included with Aquaero 5 to the CPU and other components? I'm wary of using any sort of tape due to the likely degredation of the adhesive from the heat.

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 09:37

A lot of that is just creativity. However one trick is to snake them along with other popular cables such as main board power or fan controller wires and then just zip tie it at the point where you want it to stop. Another method would be to zip tie it to a point along a side of the case or top and leave some slack after the zip tie point thus letting it hang a bit.

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 11:23

Those methods would be fine for measuring air temperatures inside the case and running the cables, but what about component temperatures? They would require a solid contact. For example I couldn't cable tie the sensor to my RAM, I would have to adhere it somehow.

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 12:15

Use the included "Software Sensor Tool" that is in the Aquasuite 2012 software, along with either Aida64 or Open Hardware Monitor (OHM)..

Or your gonna have to either tape or glue the sensor to the item... To be honest your going to get much more accurate readings direct from the mother board sensors as regards to Ram, Hard drive, GPU core & CPU core temps then you ever will by placing a spade temp sensor to the side of said items.

Aquasuite 2012 can use it's inbuilt "Software sensor tool" to read the Motherboard sensors using, as I said above either Aida64 or OHM..

If your cooling consist of a water cooling loop then use "Inline Temp sensors" for water temps e.t.c....

N.

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 12:20

I guess if i had read your question a little better i would have noticed the component aspect :). My only advice for something such as ram would be to try and wedge it inside of there as best as possible between the heatsink and ram module. Or if you feel froggy remove the heatsink and then put the sensor against the chip and slide the heatsink back over it. CPU and GPU are accomplished through software a lot easier than a probe and thats the route most people go with those. If you haven't already purchased ram Corsair i think makes a specific chip that will allow you to monitor its temps. Aside from that chip i don't think there is any way to get temp readings from a RAM module which means you'll have to either give up on reading its temps or get inside of the heatsink to apply the probe. I was going to use that ram but by the time i realized i had purchased the wrong ones i already had the heat spreaders off, waterblocks mounted on it and installed it in my pc :(

Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 14:02

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm only running air cooling at present with the intention to switch to water soon. As the Aquaero came with 4 sensors, I thought that I should put them to use.