• 27.05.2024, 02:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

I want to be sure before I buy.

Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2013, 21:48

(thanks for the move)

So I want to buy the Aquaero 5 LT and have it control a Swiftech Apogee drive 2 off the pwm header, 4 Swiftech Helix 140mm 3 pin in push/pull off my front radiator on 1 channel, 2 Swiftech Helix 120mm pwm in pull off my top radiator with the 2nd channel, and 2 Swiftech Helix 140mm 3 pin as case fans on the last channel.

My question is mainly about power for the fans in my front radiator. I understand that the maximum is 19.8 watts and 1.65 amps? So if I ran 4 Helix with voltage ~7 - 13.8 VDC and current 0.45 A it would be too much? If it is what do you recommend. Or can I just run the fans below maximum?

Also with the planned setup should I run a passive cooler such as:

Thank you! :)

ugggh looks like the limit on the PWM header is 1A so my 1.5A Apogee Drive 2 in too powerful.. Guess Ill run it off the motherboard header then and split the fans up off the other headers on the aquaero..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Fiftysixk« (28. Februar 2013, 01:45)

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 08:42

The Apogee drive does not take power for the pump through the 4 pin PWM cable. It has a molex 4 pin for power. The PWM is just a speed signal. So you can run it from the Aquaero or the motherboard header, motherboards generally have around a 1 amp limit for fan headers too by the way.

I would def get the heat sink.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (28. Februar 2013, 08:46)

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 13:15

Also don't confuse the two pwm headers with the Fan 4 header. The two pwm headers are for things like cathode lamps, the Fan 4 (4 pin) header is where you would plug the rpm & pwm signal from a pump or other pwm controlled device.
For example I run dual MCP35x pumps which are powered from the psu, but are connected to the Fan 4 header with rpm and pwm signals so that the Aquaero can control the pump speed.

Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2013, 16:49

Ok great! That makes sense about the Apogee Drive 2, haven't seen one in person yet, so I'm glad it has its own power.

In that case I think what Ill do is have the pump on the PWM fan header, 3 of the front rad fans chained on the next header, 1 of the front fans and 2 of the case fans chained on the 3rd header, and the 2 120mm top rad fans off the last. Sounds like that would work perfectly.

Thanks for the help guys! :D