• 26.04.2024, 20:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Let's see how the Poweradjust 2 performs compared to the competition...

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 10:49

Well, about to find out how well the pwr adjust 2 unit performs vs. the previous pump controllers that I have used. T-balancer, and 2 by Koolance although they do cost more, several users have recommended the pwr adjust 2 as a great product. It would be, as others have stated, helpful to have an actual English section in the manual, as well as a schematics but we have the internet to fall back on right? Apparently from skimming through the threads, there's alot of genuises and engineers as I did not like the "wing it" form of 50 dollar miniature electronics assembly but others have compared the mounting plate /unit assembly to using the restroom. I guess that I have a relatively easy time in the bathroom compared to others...lol. I will be using the unit in a modded Elysium build centered by an Asrock Fatality Pro Z77 - I5 3570K - Dominator 4 x 2gb 1866 - H.I.S. HD 7850 X 2 C/F with the cpu, both gpu's, both bridges, and possibly the mosfets and vrm's cooled as well. Black Ice 360, Swiftech 280 rads, and a mcp350 pump mounted to a Swiftech Maelstrom res using an EK pump top. Anyway, it's nice to have a forum to come to if I have any questions, and the number of threads on a forum site for a company that produces a relatively small number of products does give some cause for concern.... Good luck to y'all and here's a link to my build log on overclock.net.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1368116/the-n…0#post_19557701

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 23:00

T-Balancer is quite a good product although it hasn't had a software/firmware upgrade in almost a decade. Software is full of bugs and clunky to use but the device does the job once you can get it to work. Nowhere near as extensive in features as the aquaero and the unit overheated once I used it to control a pump. I had quite a few problems getting it to work as intended even though it had a manual in English. No forum support either. It seriously lacked polish and did not seem to be a finished product. No experience with the Koolance.

PA2 is a fantastic product and I'm a bit concerned about the number of recent gripes about the device on this and other forums. Even without an English manual, I don't think it is quite as difficult to work out what goes where and which standoff to use etc as people are grumbling about. Perhaps they had a bad batch, these things can happen to any manufacturer, but it doesn't mean all their products are rubbish or there is no attempt to improve on their existing products. I've had no problems with my PA2s and had no difficulty working out where to plug things in. In the absence of English instructions it is intuitive if you can be bothered to look around at a few pictures and diagrams. The German manuals have pictures of the device, the pin/header layout, even pictures of the PA2 mounted on the bay mount. There are also pictures on the AC website to use as a guide. C'mon, we mod cases and build computers and we can't work out a few nuts and bolts? It's really not that hard, but I do agree however, for Aquacomputer's sake they ought to release a manual in English as we all know just how fickle the online community can be...

I couldn't recommend Aquacomputer products enough for their quality, functionality and service. Can't wait for the trolls.

Donnerstag, 21. März 2013, 23:32

PA2 is a fantastic product and I'm a bit concerned about the number of recent gripes about the device on this and other forums. Even without an English manual, I don't think it is quite as difficult to work out what goes where and which standoff to use etc as people are grumbling about. Perhaps they had a bad batch, these things can happen to any manufacturer, but it doesn't mean all their products are rubbish or there is no attempt to improve on their existing products. I've had no problems with my PA2s and had no difficulty working out where to plug things in. In the absence of English instructions it is intuitive if you can be bothered to look around at a few pictures and diagrams. The German manuals have pictures of the device, the pin/header layout, even pictures of the PA2 mounted on the bay mount. There are also pictures on the AC website to use as a guide. C'mon, we mod cases and build computers and we can't work out a few nuts and bolts? It's really not that hard, but I do agree however, for Aquacomputer's sake they ought to release a manual in English as we all know just how fickle the online community can be...

I couldn't recommend Aquacomputer products enough for their quality, functionality and service. Can't wait for the trolls.
Agree Totally cc01....

For the amount that the PA's & the Aquaero units can do, they were never going to be a Plug & Play thing..(there's plenty of them too choose from already on the market if that's what you want). Having said that these AC Units aren't Plug & Play, I don't think It's so difficult to work things out especially on a basic level & set of settings for a PC system..

I agree also with it's shame there is no English manual for everything, But I also see it from the AC point of view... If They had made an English manual from the beginning they would have had too re-print it several times now with the various updates to software & firmware & all the extra functions they have introduced in the past couple of years.... Products are expensive enough now without adding on the cost of re-printing & updating a manual that would be changing on a regular basis... Just my two penneth worth on that matter :D....

I've been putting together a BASIC set of Guides for setting up the Aquaero & some of the gear that you can attach to it or run independently e.t.c... It's still a work in process, But might help out some peoples that are finding themselves a bit stuck..... (sorry for the blatant plug :whistling: )

N.

Freitag, 22. März 2013, 06:51

I've been putting together a BASIC set of Guides for setting up the Aquaero & some of the gear that you can attach to it or run independently e.t.c... It's still a work in process, But might help out some peoples that are finding themselves a bit stuck..... (sorry for the blatant plug :whistling: )

N.

Although I haven't gone through it in detail, it looks like a great guide. You've put a lot of work into it, keep it up.

Cheers

Freitag, 22. März 2013, 12:52

I've had one Power Adjust 2 standard die for no apparent reason, and a dying pump apparently take out the pwm on the Fan 4 header (not the Aquaero's fault as far as I know) but other than that I've been pretty satisfied.

The functionality of these units is just unmatched, IMO.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 07:57

Well, after a ton of modding, I FINALLY am ready to install my Poweradjust 2. The issue that I'm having is first, finding out where everything plugs in...??? I mean, each one controls just one pump or two? There's 2 "aquabus" plugs, and 1 power 3-pin plug next to the 4-pin molex. It came with a 4-pin molex adapter plug with a separated single-wire 3-pin connector on the same side, and a standard 3-pin on the other end??? I know that I plug in the molex to molex, but I could see someone actually thinking "molex is for power-supply" and plugging in their power supplie's molex into it... There's a tach plug and flow sensor plug, I fingered them out fairly easily, but when I checked myself, the pump didn't start when I had my DDC plugged into an Aquabus header so I just used the 3-pin power header. On my software, though, It doesn't really show much, and flow won't until I get the meter plugged in but shouldn't there be some level of controllability in the software? It's like it's at 100 percent all the time? Sorry guys, but I just ain't willing to risk damaging the unit, until I have the corr4ect info, I'll just install it physically and leave the wires marked and set aside, running my pump off my Zalman fan controller until then. Thanks for any info y'all may have to give me...
oldcompgeek

Montag, 8. April 2013, 21:54

Have a look HERE see if it helps :)

N.

Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:36

N.
That's excellent info from that thread link! I saved it, and with all else that I have learned on here, it'll be helpful tonight when installing the PA2 and both fan controllers into the case! :thumbsup:

Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:50

N.
That's excellent info from that thread link! I saved it, and with all else that I have learned on here, it'll be helpful tonight when installing the PA2 and both fan controllers into the case! :thumbsup:
That's great..... Glad it helped & you liked it... :D

I'll be doing more of those connection guide things (if people find em useful & want them) in the near future (it's in it's very early stages at the moment, so not much posted up yet) as regards connecting up other devices like the MPS sensors & using 4 pin cables as well as 3 pin cables e.t.c

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (8. April 2013, 22:54)

Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:54

I was curious if I could use ANY type of sensor for flow and temps on my PA2 as long as they'll plug in correctly? Do you know? I also am doing the installation of the controllers and the PA2 tonight and gotta sleeve a lot of wiring...lol Fun, fun, fun...

Montag, 8. April 2013, 22:58

As far as I know, Providing the flow meters are of the same type & have the correct connecters you can use pretty much any make of flow meter & yes providing the temp sensors are the 2 pin variants then they'll be OK as well..

N.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Namron« (8. April 2013, 23:24)

Dienstag, 9. April 2013, 05:45

Well, thank you, and I got her connected and installed into the case finally !!! BUT now my Hauppage TV tuner card has disappeared!?? I didn't really connect anything else that SHOULD'VE caused any issues except I did move the usb header for the PA2 from the mobo header to the NZXT usb 2 hub and connected my front panel usb 2,3 and hot swap, e-sata, and audio connectors onto the motherboard... The PA2 is working great, and everything else is too, but what the heck? Is it possible to have compatibility issues? I reseated the pci-e TV tuner card and tried to re-install the drivers, but it said "no compatible tuner found"... Oh and my device manager did give me 1 question mark when I started it up, reguarding my usb 3 etron controller not being installed, although I know that It had been. So, I just reinstalled it and restarted the system and that issue went away... Any advice???