• 26.04.2024, 09:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Investigating Aquaero, Aquasuite, and external system variables

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 19:43

Hello,

I've been trying to gather information about Aquasuite, Aquaero, and integration of third-party hardware monitoring programs like Aida64. I'm having tremendous difficulty finding this information (it's either in German or the English version is non-existent or doesn't answer my questions).

1) I understand that the current hardware release of the Aquaero can control up to 3 LEDs (or one multi-colored LED). Is this correct?

2) I want to use an external program, such as Aida64 to provide system variables (such as CPU temperature, CPU load, PSU voltages, etc.) to Aquasuite, and I want Aquasuite to conditionally turn on or off one or more of these LEDs based on this data. Is this possible?

3) Is anyone on this forum doing something like this with the current releases of Aquaero and Aquasuite? If so, what third-party hardware monitoring program are you using, and how did you accomplish the integration?

4) Is there any comprehensive English documentation/user manual for the current release of Aquasuite? If so, can you provide a link?

Thank you very much.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MossyRock« (24. Mai 2013, 19:52)

RE: Investigating Aquaero, Aquasuite, and external system variables

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 19:59

1) I understand that the current hardware release of the Aquaero can control up to 3 LEDs (or one multi-colored LED). Is this correct?

Yes, I think so although I don't run any LEDs from mine.

2) I want to use an external program, such as Aida64 to provide system variables (such as CPU temperature, CPU load, PSU voltages, etc.) to Aquasuite, and I want Aquasuite to conditionally turn on or off one or more of these LEDs based on this data. Is this possible?
I think it is only temperatures that can be imported, but it is easy. As part of the installation of Aquasuite 2013, it installs a service which runs on windows boot. It is responsible for transferring the data from the monitoring program and the aquaero. I use open hardware monitor.

3) Is anyone on this forum doing something like this with the current releases of Aquaero and Aquasuite? If so, what third-party hardware monitoring program are you using, and how did you accomplish the integration?
Yes. I run my CPU fans off the software imported temps.

4) Is there any comprehensive English documentation/user manual for the current release of Aquasuite? If so, can you provide a link?
No decent manual. Have a look here though: http://www.specialtechforums.co.uk/showt…-amp-SETTING-UP

RE: Investigating Aquaero, Aquasuite, and external system variables

Freitag, 24. Mai 2013, 20:37

Arad85,

Thank you very much for this information! It certainly helps me understand the integration process.

Without digging too much, it looks like Aida64 reports voltages also, but you're saying that Aquasuite either can't reference them or ignores them? If it can/does reference them, I would assume a 12v voltage value would be interpreted by Aquasuite as 12 degrees? If that's the case, that would be fine because I would know how to interpret it.

Even if the controlling of the 3 LED outputs is limited to temperatures only, I'd still like to hear from someone about what I can do with LEDs and how it is accomplished through Aquasuite.

No decent manual? I'm baffled that a company that produces such a sophisticated piece of hardware, and I suppose software as well, doesn't thoroughly document their products. I've been in the computer business for 35 years and I've seen "sleeping giants" like this that produce a technically superior product but just fade away into oblivion because of poor marketing and support. The lack of a U.S. focus is also baffling - it's a huge market that is all but cut off from them. Ok, end of rant...

I hope you all will bear with me regarding my questions, but before I plunk down close to $200 for an Aquaero I'd like to be reasonably sure it will do what I want.

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MossyRock« (24. Mai 2013, 20:41)

RE: RE: Investigating Aquaero, Aquasuite, and external system variables

Samstag, 25. Mai 2013, 11:43

Arad85,

Thank you very much for this information! It certainly helps me understand the integration process.

Without digging too much, it looks like Aida64 reports voltages also, but you're saying that Aquasuite either can't reference them or ignores them? If it can/does reference them, I would assume a 12v voltage value would be interpreted by Aquasuite as 12 degrees? If that's the case, that would be fine because I would know how to interpret it.

Even if the controlling of the 3 LED outputs is limited to temperatures only, I'd still like to hear from someone about what I can do with LEDs and how it is accomplished through Aquasuite.

No decent manual? I'm baffled that a company that produces such a sophisticated piece of hardware, and I suppose software as well, doesn't thoroughly document their products. I've been in the computer business for 35 years and I've seen "sleeping giants" like this that produce a technically superior product but just fade away into oblivion because of poor marketing and support. The lack of a U.S. focus is also baffling - it's a huge market that is all but cut off from them. Ok, end of rant...

I hope you all will bear with me regarding my questions, but before I plunk down close to $200 for an Aquaero I'd like to be reasonably sure it will do what I want.

Thanks.

The aquasuite service that provides data from AIDA64 will only provide temperatures. You cant get voltages at all.

The LED controller has three temperature thresholds you can set for each colour. Low, Optimum and High are the three threshold settings and you can vary the intensity of each LED colour for each threshold in % of illumination per colour.
Alarms can also be set to trigger different profiles with different LED controller settings.
I have mine set for 100% blue at 25c, 100% green at 35c (normal temp) and 100% red at 45c. The colours will dim or intensify as the water temp varies down or up from each threshold setting. If an alarm event is triggered the LED will also flash red.

I have my tri coloured led mounted in place of my power led in my case so I have a quick visual clue to the status of my system.
I have setup a virtual temp sensor since I have 2 seperate water loops and it provides the highest temp from each of the water loops as the input source for the LED controller. So if either my CPU loop or GPU loop get too hot the highest reading will drive the led controller.

You can do a remarkable amount with the Aquaero controller and aquasuite software if your determined and patient.
I have written some XML scripts and batch files to get data logs from aquasuite to provide all the data I want from Aquasuite to display in my G19 keyboard colour screen too. Since I dont have the Aquasuite software always running in the foreground and my pc is beside me I cant see the Aquaero 5 screen so this way I always have all the system vitals in front of me at all times on the G19 screen.
At idle - normal temps

At load after a few minutes.

At load after 20mins

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Phatboy69« (25. Mai 2013, 11:45)

I am Intel of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

i7 3930K @5Ghz - X79 ASUS Rampage IV Extreme - 4x SLI GTX580 - 16GB DDR3-2000 - 4x GTX 360 rads 24x CM fans - Aquaero 5 XT +6 PA2 Ultras - 2 x Enermax 1500W PSU - MM Extended Ascension Case - 2 x 452x2 Res and 4 x D5 - 3 x 24" Acer H243H LCD

Samstag, 25. Mai 2013, 13:31

I use the tri LED with the AQ filter mounted into 120mm fan hole in top of case as a visual display. LED colour is set to change with temperature on profile 1, in event of pump1 failure profile 2 is loaded and LED control is set to flash only red LED. I am very happy with this setup.
I use Open Hardware Monitor for CPU cores temp, GPU temp etc, But I find at the moment the imported values jump around quite bit, so I tend to stick with the AQ5 pro's own sensors. Only options to import are temperature.
I use the desktop display option in Aquasuite , so relevant info is view able at a glance.

Sort of like buying a Android phone, you have to play with it to get it set up.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Grasshopper« (25. Mai 2013, 13:36)

Samstag, 25. Mai 2013, 14:27

In addition the RGB header you could use either or both of the pwm headers to control LED's. The output for each header is 1A, which is plenty for short strips (<1m) of some led types. Here you want to do your homework as is the case with all power output headers you don't want to overload them.
The pwm headers can be linked to temperature control or just be controlled in an On/Off fashion.

I run two Aquaero 5's and use the RGB outputs to drive RGB led's at either end of my reservoir. As I'm not all that interested in using the color for more than aesthetics I just set the led's to display a color I like.

Investigating Aquaero, Aquasuite, and external system variables

Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 17:33

Hi all,

I really appreciate all of your feedback and suggestions. After reading and studying your comments and considering my project as a whole, it looks like that I'm going to need an additional unit, an Arduino UNO, as a separate controller to accomplish what I want to do. The Aquaero will provide the LCD screen that I want, and the Arduino (with custom C++ routines that I will write) will provide the precise control I need for the LEDs.

Thanks.