• 26.04.2024, 14:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS 200 & AQ5XT

Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 17:06

HI,

I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have purchased 2x MPS200 flow meters and these will be connected to 2x AquaeroXT's.
Do these need to be configured via USB like the Aquaero's where on first start up?
Also the cable that ships with the MPS's is a 3 pin cable but the layout of the MPS and low of the Aquabus is 4 pin, will the 3 pin suffice?

Cheers.

Dienstag, 28. Mai 2013, 03:07

Yes the MPS devices should be connected via USB and have their firmware updated first.

The MPS devices ship with 3 pin aquabus cables that allows you to use aquabus while the device is still connected via USB and getting 5V power through that. The 4 pin cable adds the 5V power needed to use them without USB being connected.

Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, 18:42

So do the MPS's need to be both connected via the Aquabus low headers and USB?
Or can I connect the to USB headers or conversely a 4 pin header the the XT's.
My plan was to connect via 4 pin custom cables to XT's low aquabus headers, to free up Mobo usb headers.
But if it I am able to avoid running 2x cable run ill just connect to the USB headers on Mobo?

Cheers

Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2013, 19:20

It's a little hard to understand exactly what you are asking however I'll try. Jakusonfire is great at this stuff so hopefully he will confirm.

- As Jakusonfire has said, at a minimum you need to connect the mps by USB once to download the latest firmware & configure the device. Once you have done this I highly recommend you disconnect everything particularly power including the mains from the devices & AQ5, reboot the computer, and reconnect. Maybe overboard but as Namron on another forum has guided this avoids some problems (which I have experienced myself).

- once it is configured you can connect by Aquabus, USB, or both. If Aquabus only you need the 4-pin cable for power. Also this needs to be always on the Aquabus High channel. Get as many cable splitters as you need as you just daisy-chain these devices together. If you are on Aquabus only the device will show up in Aquasuite on the AQ5 tab.

- if you are on both the mps will show up on the AQ5 tab in Aquasuite and on its own tab. You have more options for monitoring for sure.

- if on USB only it will not be on the AQ5 tab (I think). I have always had either Aquabus or both connections.

Have fun.

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, 10:33

Ok sweet so if I connect the MPS's via USB and the 3-pin cable provided in the kit I should have full functionallity of the device.
I was hoping to get away with using either the Aquabus via 4-pin cable or a USB cable not both but seems that I don't have a choice.
Thanks for the tip on the Aquabus High header, as I was sure I could use the low for the MPS :0

Donnerstag, 30. Mai 2013, 13:50

You DO have a choice. You can connect the MPS to the AQ5 by either the 4-pin OR USB OR both. It will just look different in Aquasuite.