• 24.06.2024, 01:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

CPU Fans header RPM signal

Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2013, 18:21

I would like to know which output I use to send RPM signal to the motherboard CPU header. If something happen (pump failure, CPU temp) I want the PC to shutdown.
I also have a MPS flow and I think the RPM can be use with a 3 pin fan cable but i'm not sure.
Thanks

Samstag, 29. Juni 2013, 13:04

From the Aquaero you mean?
The header you want is called Tacho in the Aqua Computer diagrams and it's on the right bottom if you are looking at the rear of the Aquaero. It takes a normal 3 pin female fan connector.
There is also an rpm headeer on the Power Adjust units. Probably on other Aqua computer parts as well but you get the idea, just look at the diagrams for the header layouts.

It will show up as a fixed rpm if plugged into one of your motherboard fan headers. Some motherboards can shut down on loss of rpm signal on cpu fan header, others just give an alarm.

Sonntag, 30. Juni 2013, 01:12

RPM signal is independent of fan channels, and does not increase with any fan rpm.

Need to set up alarm configuration and then set alarm action in Aquasuite

But as you have not indicated what hardware you have
?(
?(
?(
?(
?(

here is what I do with my Aquaero 5 Pro:

On alarm configuration page:
Fan channel 1( for me master pump) if no signal for 6 seconds "Warning", if no signal for 12 seconds "Alarm/warning 7"
On Alarm action page:
Alarm /warning 7 turns off tacho signal and also loads profile 4

Profile 4 is very much like profile 1, but only red LED of the Tri-LED is functional and is flashing. The secondary pump's alarm/warning 7 in profile 4 is tacho off and relay switched ( equivalent to press case start power button) to force shut down.