• 26.04.2024, 15:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Scott-S6

Enough pump for the job?

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 17:42

I have an aquacomputer D5 (not the USB one) with aqualis pump top, a 4x120 AMS radiator, Kryos CPU block (with standard o-ring) and aqualis XT res.

Will the D5 be up to the job of running this loop with the addition of two GTX780/Titan blocks?

Pilo

Freitag, 16. August 2013, 18:01

It surely will...as long as the water flows it's plenty enough to be on the safe side. :thumbup:
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

Samstag, 17. August 2013, 03:09

It sort of depends on what you mean by enough. The AMS rads, the Kryos and I guess Aquacomputer Titan GPU blocks? are all relatively restrictive components compared to other brands.
I've never seen accurate figures for the Kryos CPU block but relative flow to other blocks puts it around the swiftech CPU blocks roughly.
The AMS rads are around 0.8 PSI drop
An AC Titan block is around 2.5 PSI drop

A D5 with an after market top produces enough pressure (4.7ish PSI) to just push 1 GPM through 2 AC Titan blocks in series. Any more than that and the flow rate will be lower. How much lower is much harder to work out, but it could be significantly less.
That is not a world ending big deal because in general lower flow rates only mean small component temp (vs water) increases on each block. It can make bleeding air out of the system more difficult and also means that when blocks are connected in series that the water warms more after flowing through each block, which can then mean each block following another gets progressively warmer. Low water flow also decreases radiator efficiency.

All that can almost certainly be avoided by running the GPU blocks in parallel. That will reduce the overall loop restriction to a level that the pump should have no problem pushing 1 GPM through.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Jakusonfire« (17. August 2013, 03:19)

Scott-S6

Freitag, 23. August 2013, 14:16

Thanks for that. You've pretty much confirmed my own conclusions.

Parallel GPU blocks is a possibility but I dislike parallel loops - it's very difficult to ensure that both blocks are getting the same flow.

That leaves me with either putting a second pump in series or with using lower resistance blocks....

Pilo

Freitag, 23. August 2013, 17:39

...or with using lower resistance blocks....

However, the waterblocks with lower resistance from other manufacturers are not as effective and good looking as the Titan/780 blocks from Aqua Computer.
I myself operate two GTX 570 (SLI) with waterblocks in a parallel loop setting for nearly two years now and have no problems at all.
I think it is exaggerated, prejudice and almost superstition to believe that a parallel flow arrangement is not as save as an assembly in series.
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com