• 26.05.2024, 09:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

New set up .. Some product issues.. One PA2 red light too bright

Freitag, 30. August 2013, 15:23

Hi
I just purchased and set up an XT w/ 6 poweradjust 2 ultra units.

Overall very happy.. But possibly some quality issues (or is it me).

1. The biggest issue is 1 of the PA2 red lights is 3 times brighter than the others.. and stands out horribly

2. Both the black PA2 black face plates have a problem, with the taper screws.. when the screw head touches the plate the thread on the other side has a part that is not threaded and when I screw in the posts, they cannot tighten, even if I use 3 washers..

either the holes are a little big , allowing the screws to push in more or the screw thread start needs to be further near the head, I have had to use the screws that were on the PA2 that came , while not flush actually looks ok.. (for now) am I just stupid, but I could not figure out anyway to be able to tighten the posts with the taper head screws

3. I looked on the forum and others have commented about teh fans on start up going at 100% for a few seconds but did not see anyway around this.. is there a opption coming to stop the full power start up.

Please let me know how I can fix these (at least first 2 issues).

rgds

thanks

Dienstag, 3. September 2013, 09:58

1.) You could only exchange the LED with a new one. There is no way to adjust their brightness. If you want to exchange it we can send you a new one with an envelope. If it still is much brighter, then there must be something wrong with the power supply for the LED.

2.) Can you provide a photo. At the moment it is hard to understand what you mean.

3.) For both devices you can configure the start boost. The aquaero will always start up the fans for about a second. It might depend on the fans if and how fast they will spin up in the starting sequence.

Mittwoch, 4. September 2013, 01:41

Shoggy

Please see photo, bottom right LED... (sorry for poor quality but its obvious which one...)

Mittwoch, 4. September 2013, 10:26

First thing: remove the power from this poweradjust controller!

We had a look at the layout of the PCB and think that there is some kind of short circuit which supplies the LED with 5V. Depending on the short circuit it is possible that only the CPU of the controller will limit the current which means that it will burn down for sure if you run it any longer that way.

I recommend to remove the poweradjust from the PC and have a closer look at the PCB. Watch out for soldering points that might cause a short circuit:

The green arrow shows what I mean but in this case it is OK because this resistor and the left pin of LED are connected anyway through a circuit path. But if you see something similar to that in the area which is marked with the red arrow it will be wrong. If the soldering point there has contact to the circuit path you have to cut this connection. It should be enough to point a soldering iron to the soldering point to make it move away.

The arrows show only examples, but if there is a problem, it must be in the area around the LED.

If you see no problem or you can not solve it yourself or do not want to try it yourself, please send back the controller for a check or repair.