• 28.04.2024, 08:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS400 DOA

Dienstag, 31. Dezember 2013, 07:51

I received two MPS400s today for the two loops in my system.

Did the soft/firmware installation on the first one, physically installed it, and it works as advertised.

Did the soft/firmware (changed Aquabuss Address and loaded the calibration) on the second one, then physically installed it.
The second one leaks water from behind the metal plate. No visible cracks. And once wet it is no longer visible in Aquasuite.

Purchased from PPC, and sent a RMA request. Their reply was to ask for a picture, and said they would have to ask what AQ advises. A bummer to now be in the wait state for the second Flow Sensor. There have been reports of MPS leakage on other forums (just a few) so it's definitely a known issue/possibility.
:(

RodeoGeorge

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 20:00

Could you post a video (YouTube, etc.) or some pictures of it leaking? I'm curious what's going on.

Did you try carefully tightening down the three screws on the top surface of the MPS 400?

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 21:44

Could you post a video (YouTube, etc.) or some pictures of it leaking? I'm curious what's going on.

Did you try carefully tightening down the three screws on the top surface of the MPS 400?

I have obviously removed the MPS400 from the system, so I cannot make a video of the leaking. Here is a picture which has a pencil tip pointing to the place where the water seeps out of the unit.

I did remove the three screws which secure the metal plate, and there is no seal or o'ring beneath the plate, so tightening those screws will not affect the leak. It appears that water from the through channel is somehow seeping into the part of the unit that contains the electronics.

RodeoGeorge

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 23:02

Maybe you're having the same problem like the person that made this post.

I've also seen a couple of reports about MPS sensors leaking. Never really read any definitive conclusion about it.

Kind regards,
Boris.

Mittwoch, 1. Januar 2014, 23:12

I have obviously removed the MPS400 from the system, so I cannot make a video of the leaking. Here is a picture which has a pencil tip pointing to the place where the water seeps out of the unit.

RodeoGeorge
Well removing it from a loop doesn't preclude you from hooking it up to another loop or back to the same loop to capture the issue. I know that's what I'd do to make my point crystal clear to AC. ;)

Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2014, 01:02

If I were to reinstall it, you'd see the same thing that is already visible on the video that bcikota linked to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWwXCZEovI8&feature=youtu.be

If there were something different to show, I'd reinstall, but not for a drill in futility.

RodeoGeorge