• 03.06.2024, 12:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Calibrating Thermal Probes

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 05:21

What's a good way to get the thermal probes calibrated.

I've tried shutting the PC down and letting it sit overnight so that all thermal probes should be at room temperature by morning. I also place a good thermometer next to the case and in the morning turn on the sysetm and note the values of the various probes.

For example, if room temp is 21.1 deg, and a probe says 22.1 when I turn it on, I'll set a -1.0 offset for that probe.

The problem is that after a couple of mornings of doing this, they are still not matching when I first turn on the PC. Leading me to believe this is a fruitless exercise.

Is there some other parameter such as "Sensor Factor" I should be adjusting as well? (BTW, what is "Sensor Factor")?

Any suggestions?

Re: Calibrating Thermal Probes

Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2007, 20:11

Use some Iced water. Get a normal thermometer put in in the ice water and then do the thermal probes after that everything will be in range.

Re: Calibrating Thermal Probes

Freitag, 26. Oktober 2007, 06:16

Get distilled H20 and put it in refrigerator overnight.

Take some distilled and make ice cubes with ice tray.

Get two (2) large styrofoam cups and stack them

Put ice cubes in styrofoam cup and pour chilled distilled H20 into cup

Stir vigorously for at least 5 minutes

Place sensor in H20 and it should read zero degrees centigrade

Adjust sensor offset accordingly after taking several sensor readings. Make sure you stir vigorously inbetween sensor dips!

In this case melting ice is almost a perfect zero degrees centigrade.