• 26.04.2024, 13:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

KWalter

Has the ASUS USB problem been solved on the Aquaero 6?

Dienstag, 29. April 2014, 15:55

Title says it all really
I never solved the problem with my Aquaero 4 and I'd like to know if the Aquaero 6 has eliminated ASUS USB the problem before I buy one

Regards

Keith

Pilo

Dienstag, 29. April 2014, 18:59

The Aquaero 4 is an USB 1.1 device. The problem you refer to is probably the issue, that new USB chipsets (Intel) are not 100% USB 1.x conform anymore. Never USB controllers sent to many request to the old USB 1.x devices and they can't handle this much data anymore, due to their outdated architecture and their buffer overflows. The Aquaero 6 based on a newer achitecture, I guess USB 2.0, and is tested with newer USB controller hardware as well. There is no reason why you should assume that there is still a "ASUS USB problem".
->Darin Epsilon - PERSPECTIVES<-
Mr. SuicideSheep @ soundcloud.com
Test Shot Starfish @ soundcloud.com
Professor Kliq @ soundcloud.com

KWalter

Dienstag, 29. April 2014, 20:26

I'm not assuming anything, I'd just like confirmation that the device will work correctly with my ASUS motherboard before I get my credit card out
I spent a lot of time trying to fix this problem when I first bought my Aquaero 4 - a problem which seemed to be specific to just ASUS motherboards

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 00:42

I have an Aquero 6 XT running on my ASUS Maximus VI Extreme under Windows 8.0

I also have an Aquaero 6 XT running on my ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z under Windows 8.1

No USB problems with either of these, and the Crosshair system has two Aquastream XT Pumps, two MPS-400 Flow Sensors, and the Aquaero 6 XT all connected via USB.

RodeoGeorge

KWalter

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 10:40

Thank you RodeoGeorge

Just the confirmation I was looking for

Keith

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 15:30

No usb problem with the aq6 and asus chvfz. I have 2 NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion cards for all my usb 2 devises, plus an additional highPoint usb3 e-pci card. No conflicts of any kind, device manager shows 24 usb devices.

2 AQ usb d5 pumps, AQ MPS-400 flow meter, 10 temp sensors, 18 fans and growing.

"No USB problems with either of these, and the Crosshair system has two
Aquastream XT Pumps, two MPS-400 Flow Sensors, and the Aquaero 6 XT all
connected via USB."

Hey RG, with 2 flow meters I assume both report the same flow? What are your flow rates? I have a max of 3.4Lpm with 2 aq d5's in serial, res-cpu-mosfet-aq filter-aq flow meter-240 rad-ek gpu-360 rad-res. DT at idle is 1c and 6c at 100% load with a 25c ambient, these do increase as the ambient increases.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »madcratebuilder« (30. April 2014, 15:41)

Mittwoch, 30. April 2014, 18:49

Hey RG, with 2 flow meters I assume both report the same flow? What are your flow rates? I have a max of 3.4Lpm with 2 aq d5's in serial, res-cpu-mosfet-aq filter-aq flow meter-240 rad-ek gpu-360 rad-res. DT at idle is 1c and 6c at 100% load with a 25c ambient, these do increase as the ambient increases.
I have two loops in the system. LOOP 1 = CPU and Motherboard Chipset. LOOP 2 = GPU and RAM

I set the Aquastream XT Pumps for 200 l/h in each loop.

RodeoGeorge

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 16:08

No usb problem with the aq6 and asus chvfz. I have 2 NZXT IU01 Internal USB Expansion cards for all my usb 2 devises, plus an additional highPoint usb3 e-pci card. No conflicts of any kind, device manager shows 24 usb devices.

2 AQ usb d5 pumps, AQ MPS-400 flow meter, 10 temp sensors, 18 fans and growing.

"No USB problems with either of these, and the Crosshair system has two
Aquastream XT Pumps, two MPS-400 Flow Sensors, and the Aquaero 6 XT all
connected via USB."

Dual pumps and less than 1 gpm flow rate! What is happening there? Either something is killing flow excessively or the meter isn't metering right.
I'm looking at you filter and unspecified mosfet cooling.
With dual pumps in a similar but not same same loop flow at Max was getting towards 6 lpm

Donnerstag, 1. Mai 2014, 19:39

Dual pumps and less than 1 gpm flow rate! What is happening there? Either something is killing flow excessively or the meter isn't metering right.
With dual pumps in a similar but not same same loop flow at Max was getting towards 6 lpm
I do not know to whom your comments are directed.

In my two loops, I varied the flow rate by increasing the Aquastream XT Speed, and observed the loop temperatures over various conditions.

As I increased the flow rate, I found that once I reached 200 l/h there was (for all intense purposes) no further increase in the cooling. That is I appeared to have reached the maximum heat transfer between the loop elements.

So that is where I run my Aquastream XTs, and consequently the flow.

RodeoGeorge

Freitag, 2. Mai 2014, 12:07

In my two loops, I varied the flow rate by increasing the Aquastream XT Speed, and observed the loop temperatures over various conditions.

As I increased the flow rate, I found that once I reached 200 l/h there was (for all intense purposes) no further increase in the cooling. That is I appeared to have reached the maximum heat transfer between the loop elements.

RodeoGeorge
I was refering to Madcrate ... as quoted.

Yes of course its true that flow rate provides increasingly smaller tamp gains. Its just very odd that what seems (without knowing the detail of each particular part) like a relatively simple loop that dual D5's at full power can't break the oft recommended 1GPM.
While its true that increasing flow won't have a major impact of component core temps, the heat dump of twin D5's at full power 'should' be easy to reduce while flow remains at a respectable level, thereby reducing water temp. A single CPU and GPU loop powered by dual inline D5's should be capable of being run at more like 50%

Freitag, 2. Mai 2014, 14:55

RodeoGeorge
The 200Lph is about the same "best flow" I found trying different setting. The dual D5's put out 3.8Lpm or just over 1Gpm @ 100%, 3Lpm @ 60% Biggest restriction is the mosfet block, I didn't see any change in flow when I added the AQ filter. I was expecting to see some decrease but I'm getting the same flow rates as before adding it. 4 blocks, 2 rads, a filter and flow meter is considerable restriction, I'm sure the 2 quick connects don't help.

""heat dump of twin D5's at full ""

I got a lot of heat dump from a dual bay dual pump res that shall remain nameless, also a lot of pump noise. I swapped it for a Koolance dual bay dual d5 res and when I ran the leak test I saw very little pump heat transfer to the loop, plus noise was reduced 90+%.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »madcratebuilder« (2. Mai 2014, 15:06)