• 12.06.2024, 07:50
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquaero 5 LT USB fan controller and EK D5 Vario X-Res Pump

Sonntag, 18. Mai 2014, 20:44

Can I use the Aquaero 5 LT USB controller and Power Adjust 2 with EK D5 X-Res Pumps without any mods?
I have 2 EK D5 pumps so I assume I will need 2 x Power Adjusts but I'm just not sure I the 5 LT USB controller
will work with these and deliver all sensor information..

It uses this pump:
http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-d5-vario-laing-d5-vario.html

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jdpworks« (18. Mai 2014, 20:57)

Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014, 13:11

Yes you can use a PA2 to run the pump....but you will have to exchange the 4 pin molex for a 3 pin fan connector and plug it into the PA2. That means you will basically have to fab something up. I've done it myself but you will need to be able to crimp pins.
Since the EK pump has a separate wire for monitoring rpm, that connector will have to be plugged into one of the LT's fan headers if you wish to monitor rpm.
I recommend this only if you are good at fabbing up wiring and crimping pins.

Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014, 18:37

Is that what this cable is for?
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2345

Im trying to figure out the best way to hook up:

2 x EK D5 Varios's, monitor rpm
2 fan groups consisting of radiator fan's
2 fan groups consisting of intake fan's
(So control of 4 separate fan groups)

I would like to monitor pump rpm, I do not wish to vary speed.
I would like to know temps pre and post rad.
I would like to monitor flow.
Emergency shutdown.

I have 2 separate loops.

Is the power adjust 2 useful for my setup?

Dienstag, 20. Mai 2014, 19:35

Is that what this cable is for?
http://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info…roducts_id=2345

Im trying to figure out the best way to hook up:

2 x EK D5 Varios's, monitor rpm
2 fan groups consisting of radiator fan's
2 fan groups consisting of intake fan's
(So control of 4 separate fan groups)

I would like to monitor pump rpm, I do not wish to vary speed.
I would like to know temps pre and post rad.
I would like to monitor flow.
Emergency shutdown.

I have 2 separate loops.

Is the power adjust 2 useful for my setup?

Actually that cable looks like it will work. As long as you can get power from the 3 pin connector on the PA2 to the pump you are good to go. So just look it over good.
I have a PA2 running a D5 variable but I made the cabling myself, which I would do no matter what is available.

You don't need a PA2 to run the pump if you are not going to vary speed....just plug the 4 pin molex into your power supply cable and plug the rpm wire into one of the Aquaero's fan headers to monitor with.
If you need more headers to run fans , etc, then I would say get a PA2(s), other wise looks like you don't really need it.

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 01:31

Hi Mandrix, thanks for the reply and info.

I'm starting to think instead of the power adjusts I just use 2 x Aquaero 5 LT. Or a 6 and one 5 LT. None of my fans are pwm. I understand they can be used as master slave.
Cheaper and will give me a total of 8 fan ports.

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 02:07

Yep. You don't have to run 2x Aquaero's as master and slave, and in fact there can be a few drawbacks to doing so.
I run 2x Aquaero 5 Pro's in my rig as separates but they both show up in the Aquasuite software....you just can't use temperatures from one Aquaero as a control point on the other.

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 03:06

Yes I read the the slave will be limited with regards to the sensors and a few other things. So if I just get 2 Aquaero 5 LT`s and run them independently I should be able to share that info across Aquasuite. One running all my cooling fans (4 outputs), the other reading rpm from my pumps(2 outputs).The most amount of fans I will be running on a port is 4 so I don`t think I will have a problem there. 13-16 fans in total on one 5 LT. The tach from Aquaero solves the CPU_Fan header.

I don`t think the Aquaero 6 really adds any advantages to my setup. I do not see the need to run that many fans, or have that much overhead.

Can you customize the LCD screen to display anything you want?
If I plug the rpm lead from the pump into the cpu_fan header can Aquasuite import/use this info? Or any of the cha_fan headers?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jdpworks« (21. Mai 2014, 03:23)

Mittwoch, 21. Mai 2014, 12:40

I think the LCD can display a single image, if you search here you can probably find some info.

RPM data can be interesting to monitor maybe, I don't know as you can do much with it. I keep track of my fan and pump rpm but I don't really do anything with it.

Mostly I use curve controllers with air/water delta v.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »mandrix« (21. Mai 2014, 12:41)