• 05.05.2024, 16:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Airplex Gigant 1680 questions

Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2014, 23:30

I have some questions about the Airplex Gigant 1680, and I see no manual in the download area.

What is the width of the cavity inside the radiator?

Were I to use item 33555 to mount item 34072, then looking from the top, how near the center of the cavity is the reservoir positioned?

Were I to use the two items above, but use the center mounts on the rails (meant for the aqualis 450) to mount the bottom of the 880, how far above the top would the reservoir reach?

Thank you,

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (30. Juli 2014, 23:32)

Donnerstag, 31. Juli 2014, 08:48

The inside offers 19 x 19 cm.

Unfortunately I can not answer the other questions because we have no assembled radiator with reservoir where I could measure that.

Freitag, 1. August 2014, 00:27

Thank you Shoggy,

Though not the reason for my query, it appears the radiators are 60mm thick then.

As to mounting the reservoir, since the 880 ml reservoir is 100 mm taller than the 450 ml reservoir, using the 450 ml mount point for the 880 ml would have it extend 100 mm higher... if the 450ml reservoir was from 10 to 20 mm below the radiator top in standard installation, then the 880 ml reservoir may be from 80 to 90 mm above the radiator top using the 450 ml mounting point. My preference is to have the fillport above the radiator top. I would use item 33557, but I also want my pump nearer the bottom of the radiator and if I understand correctly item 33557 requires a pump adapter.

Is a dual pump implementation recommended for the Gigant 1680 due to the wetted surface area? I am running 2 Graphic Card Waterblocks and 1 MoBo Monoblock (CPU, PCH & VRMs).

I just finished my first water cooled build and used an Aquaduct 360XT Mark V for my external rad, but that is insufficient if I load the machine. Aquacomputer doesn't have a trade-in program do you? Just thought I would ask :)

Freitag, 1. August 2014, 21:06

In searching I came across the following picture where the poster was looking for the diameter of the Aqualis Clamp, to which you replied giving a diameter of 77 mm. If I were to assume a offset dist of 3 mm between the radiator and mounting rail, the total offset from the face of the radiator to the center of the Aqualis would be 80 mm. Were I to add a 15 mm standoff, the reservoir shoul;d be centered in the cavity allowing me to penetrate the top-mount plate. The standoff linked has an m4 thread, which I assume matched the threads of the clamp.

Does that sound viable Shoggy?