• 28.04.2024, 08:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cuplex XT (21519) over New Sockets?

Freitag, 22. August 2014, 13:53

I have a Cuplex XT model 21519 waterblock that I have never installed. It was meant for the A64 socket family, such as AM2, F, 754, 939 or 940. Alas, my long-running computer has died and I am planning to build a new PC.
  1. Will the model 21519 fit newer AMD motherboard sockets, such as the AM3+, FM+ or FM?
  2. Are there "universal adapters" or motherboards that will allow me to install the model 21519 over Intel sockets?
  3. Are there GPU sockets that will accept the model 21519?

Thanks for your replies!
:)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pjf« (23. August 2014, 00:30)

Reply from Aqua Computer

Donnerstag, 28. August 2014, 13:15

I contacted Aqua Computer Support and have received a reply from Sven Hanisch. Per Sven, my model 21519 waterblock will fit most AMD sockets, including the AM2, AM3/AM3+ and FM2/FM2+. Apparently, the mounting systems are the same for these lines of CPU or APU sockets.

With this information, I plan to install the waterblock over an FM2+ 65-watt Kaveri processor on an ASUS ROG motherboard. My pump and reservoir will be a Koolance RP-1000SL. I understand that the German waterblock and the American pump/reservoir may have different tubing sizes and would greatly appreciate any advice on connecting the two together.

Donnerstag, 28. August 2014, 23:08

Hi pjf,

I searched Aquacomputer webshop for model 21589 and came up blank, so it may not be sold anymore, but that should not matter.

The waterblock should have 2 threaded holes for fittings (in & out).
From what I saw on other Aquacomputer waterblocks that were in the shop, the fittings will have either G 1/8 or G 1/4.thread.
You would simply get fittings that fit the waterblock thread, with tube connections size to fit the tube you want to use.

i.e. if the thread is g1/4 and the tubing you want to use is 3/8" ID, you would get something like THIS.
Just screw the G1/4 thread into the block and secure the tube on the barb.

Then do the same for your pump, selecting a fitting to match the thread size of your pump, and a barb size to match your tube (3/8" ID in example above).

The Germans tend to use smaller tubing size than the Yanks... the effectiveness is not really affected by tube size.

Euro tube sizes are stated in mm & U.S. sizes in inch fractions, but you can convert.
i.e. (Euro) 13/10mm G 1/4 = 1/2" OD by 3/8" ID G 1/4 (Yank)

Edit: Your Koolance Pump/Reservoir has 'rear G 1/4" threaded fitting sockets'.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (28. August 2014, 23:20)