• 26.04.2024, 19:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Frozztt

Aquaero 5LT, Fan Problems

Montag, 6. Oktober 2014, 14:44

I just got my 5LT and installed it in my computer. I am having trouble getting the fans connected to the controller to do what I program.

Setup:
Aquaero 5LT
3x BitFenix 230mm fans

I created a virtual sensor based on my ambient air temp and my radiator output water temp. The sensor reads exactly what it should. I went into aquaero>Fans> and on each fan I set the minimum power to 0%, 0V and the maximum power to 100% 12V. "Hold minimum power" is NOT checked. Advanced settings are left at "Power Controlled" and no other options set.

I then created a "Two point controller", the data source is set to my virtual temp sensor. It is set to switch on at 5C and off at 2C.

The idea is that when the computer is at idle, the fans will switch off, and as the temp starts going up, the fans will kick on to full speed.

The problem I am having is that the fans won't turn off. On the Fans page each fan shows that it is still spinning at full RPMs, the voltage only drops from 12.0 to 11.8, power says 0%, and current falls down to .1A from a normal .4A. All three fans are behaving the same way. I also tried creating a "Preset Value" controller with the fans attached and turned the power slider all the way down to 0. It still does the same thing. All the same numbers, fans keep spinning.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 08:46

First thing you should test is to reset the device which can be done in the system tab when you expand the box that says firmware update / factory defaults. When done the aquasuite will start itself again and you should go directly to the controller tab. A default controller will be there that has all outputs set to 100%. If you now try to slow down the fans with the slider or even shut them down completely (0%) and the fans do not respond or still run then you can be pretty sure that your device is faulty.

What happens if you delete the whole default controller with the red X in the lower right corner? If the fans still run you can be 100% sure there is something damaged.

Frozztt

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 10:39

I did the reset as you suggested. After the reset, the first thing i did was create a new controller and assign fan 4 to this controller, I also set the fan 4 option to PWM. This one is controlling my pump and I really don't want it turning off. I then moved the slider to 50%, there was no change in fan RPM. I then moved the slider to 0%, still the fans spun at full RPM. To be sure, I did another factory reset and this time left everything alone (Pump included) and moved the slider down to 0%. All fans and my pump continued to run at full speed. I then deleted the entire controller group and still everything ran at full speed. Is there anything else I should try before I contact frozencpu for an exchange?

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 11:14

1. Disconnect every fan or pump from your outputs.
2. Power off your computer, wait a minute and start it again
3. Load the factory defaults into the device.

-> after the reset every output has to be at 100% and between 11 .. 12V
when not: the device has an problem.

4. move the slider in the controller tab to 50%
-> all outputs have to go ~68% and a output voltage from 7-9V

When this is happening, you device is fine.

Frozztt

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 12:56

Ok, so I turned off the computer, disconnected all the fans/pump, waited a couple minutes and turned it back on. It passed the tests, 12V @ 100%, 8.1V @ 50%.

I turned the computer off and reconnected everything. Bring it back up and now it is behaving the same way as before, adjusting the fan slider makes no change in fan operation. I then disconnected my pump and attached it to the motherboard and then moved the MB fan over to output 4.

When I brought it back up now the fans will change speed when I move the slider. So I then moved fan 4 to a different controller group. So now I have 2 controllers "Preset Value" the first has fans 1-3 and the second has fan 4. I left fan 4 set at 100% and moved the slider for fans 1-3. Now they will not adjust and continue to run at full speed.

After some more playing with the sliders, what I have found is that no matter how many controller groups I divide the fans into, they will all run at the highest value set in any one controller group.

I.E.

Group 1
Fans 1-2
Power 50%

Group 2
Fans 3-4
Power 100%

All fans spin at 100%

Group 1
Fans 1-2
Power 50%

Group 2
Fans 3-4
Power 0%

All fans spin at 50%

Is this they way it is supposed to work? Is it impossible to control each fan individually?

Also I noticed that when the fans were set to 50%, the fan amplifier temps for channel 1-2 jumped up to above 60C while the amps for 3-4 only jumped up to about 42C. All 4 fans are identical BitFenix 230mm fans. Should the temps be getting that high with only 1 fan attached per channel? Should there be that much of a difference between the controllers?

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 14:14

The important value is the output voltage and the percent value.
When you set the slider to 50%, what data you see for the Fan Outputs?

Frozztt

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 14:24

Test 1
Controller 1
Power Slider 100%
Fan 1 : 914 rpm, 12.0V 100%
Fan 2 : 920 rpm, 12.0V 100%

Controller 2
Power Slider 50%
Fan 3 : 920 rpm, 11.8V 67%
Fan 4 : 910 rpm, 11.8V 67%

Test 2

Controller 1
Power Slider 0%
Fan 1 : 700 rpm, 7.9V 0%
Fan 2 : 695 rpm, 7.9V 0%

Controller 2
Power Slider 50%
Fan 3 : 705 rpm, 8.0V 50%
Fan 4 : 695 rpm, 8.0V 50%

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 14:32

Please make a few screenshots from the fan setup page and the controller page in different conditions (50% 100%).
What exact type of fan have you connected? Is only one fan connted to a cannel?

Frozztt

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 14:51

I'll start working on that now. Would it be easier if I were to email all of the .jpgs to you rather than posting them all in this thread?

And thank you very much for your prompt responses.

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 15:08

You can also mail them to info <at> aqua-computer.de

Frozztt

Dienstag, 7. Oktober 2014, 15:18

The email with the screen captures has been sent. There is only one fan on each channel. All 4 fans are BitFenix Spectre Pro LED 230mm. There is a link for the fans in the email.

If you need any more screen captures, just let me know.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Frozztt« (7. Oktober 2014, 15:19)