• 26.04.2024, 11:14
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Cooling the RAM

Samstag, 11. Oktober 2014, 14:09

Ok, so im planning my dual haswell xeon rig"s watercooling, and i was wondering if it was worth it to cool the ram as well.
These DDR4 modules use 1.2 volts, and of all the modules out there, they should be generating the less heat.
The ram i will be using will be 8x16gbDDR4 Samsung ECC registered, these memory modules are bare naked without any heatsinks.

While these would be perfect for the koolance ram 33 (this is suppose to work on bare ram modules), and the koolance ram 33 would have been my first choice (u gotta admit it the design is briliant, single ram modules can be cooled, water flows directly to each ram instead only on top compared to other cooling solutions), the damn thing is made from nickel plated brass, and i wouldnt want to mix it with the copper that is going to be inside the loop.
THe thing considering this would also be tha fact that i will be using bits power fittings, and i dont know yet what their made of.

So i took a look at the aquacompter cooper Ramplex ram cooler. Its made of copper, how nice, now why didnt the people from koolance thought about that when they made their ram cooler. Damn!

Anyway, i cannot tell if the gap where the ram fits its to big so that it may accomodate ram with heatsinks, or if it perfectly fits bare modules.
Now if the gap is to big so that it may accomodate ram with heatsinks, i think one might have to attach something to the ram to make it thicker.

I do require guiding.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 09:36

The distance between the cooling plates can be freely varied between 0 and about 8mm.

By the way: most fittings are made of nickel plated brass ;) Brass is also used in most standard radiators.

Montag, 13. Oktober 2014, 19:13

The distance between the cooling plates can be freely varied between 0 and about 8mm.

By the way: most fittings are made of nickel plated brass ;) Brass is also used in most standard radiators.
Yah, i just saw that, that most of them are nickel plated brass. Nickel and copper are close on the galvanic scale, as i have saw, so it shoulnd be any big problems ?

WHat does your experience tells you with such a thing? Are you keeping mixing to a minimum also, if you are to build a watercooling loop ?

Honestly i cannot imagine myself buying anyother radiator except for the aquaplex series, since they have the solder free thingy, and they have the pipes all copper.
How can one buy something else for a radiator and still sleep at night ?

Dienstag, 14. Oktober 2014, 09:00

Mixing copper, brass and nickel is no problem. Many people have a setup like this.